[WC] Germany vs Italy [04-07-2006] (18 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Dan said:
This has nothing to do with football, and stop stereotyping again countries that supposedly hate the british. You know fuck all.

I think you should just shut the hell up about your generalisations.

blah blah blah, you've made something so small into the next big bang, you need to calm the hell down, and learn to take things with a hint of salt

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
champions mate, everyone has a different perception on how the game would go and so everyone would have a different idea on how the formation would be.
Denco is very respected in this forum, but if u disagree u could simply say that.

anyway germany dont play with a line midfield...u could always see frings(kehl or borowski for tonite) operating just behind ballack, schweni and schneider to provide them with some cover. Thats why i understand putting pirlo there as we could see the long pass from deep and not actually needing to go one on one with the opposing DM.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
denco said:
I was actually thinking of this formation and it maybe radical but it might also work

----------Buffon-------------------------

------Zambrotta---------cannavaro--------------Matrix--------------Grosso

------------Camoranesi----------------Gatusso--------------------Perrotta

-------------------------------Pirlo--------------------------------

----------------------------Gilardino-----------Toni

Okay Pirlo has not played there in like forever but he would not have any defensive duties and he does have an eye for a killer ball
Also it gives Italy the option of bringing on later Totti, Dp and Inzaghi after 1 hour or thereabouts and no defence would not be very concerened to face those 3 with just 30 minutes or so to go
But its just fantasy, i dont think Lippi would every consider it, but i would seeing that Totti is not 100% and Pirlo is very suspect defensively
I think It would be Indeed risky playing in that position denco, sure he wont have defensive duties but playing him for the first time in that position under such circumstances is a bit risky if you ask me....He's been doing really great in his nature position so I think It'd be better to keep him there.

That said I'm also not sure whether It's good Idea for Gila to partner Toni, as It was obvious that these two can't seem to find their legs...They've played the most and yet they didn't show any sign of good partner-ship or understanding between them. So I say Gila out.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
This is the game where Materazzi really needs to put himself in the game to win this game for Italy. Italy will have a busy night defending against, crosses, set-pieces, headers and long shots. Matrix is seen as the weak link in this game again. But I wish that he will be more alert and make the correct tackles, because the defence is up to him and Cannavaro. To be hoesnt, Matrix has a above average WC campaign, barring the "red card". So if he can continue with his performances against Australia and Czech Republic, Italky will be able to go far. Somehow I can see that this will be the game decider for Matrix, so I wish him good luck against the Italians.

I also wish that Pirlo does step up for this game as the number of passes from him for the last game is beneath standard, this is the type of game where the midfield is decided and Pirlo really needs to make a killer pass/cross to penetrate the Germans.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
denco said:
Germany is not Ukarine and though the result was very good for Itraly , i wa snot that impressed with their performance as Ukraine were dreadful. On a side note Dp was interviewed on sky and i was very surprised to see him speak in English
definately not, but if ur not impressed with Italy's performance against Ukraine then i dont know how they'll win, its the most impressive game they've had..

pirlo will be shut down in that position like all the times before him....the only time he was successful there was in the U-21 team...even at brescia where he impressed he played a bit behind baggio.....

I say start with the same line-up against ukraine, its the best chance italy have of winning...Del Piero hasn't been impressive with the starts he has in this WC, and against Germany it will only get more physical, a game DP doesnt have....but DP can win us alot of free kicks this way in the second half...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
definately not, but if ur not impressed with Italy's performance against Ukraine then i dont know how they'll win, its the most impressive game they've had..

pirlo will be shut down in that position like all the times before him....the only time he was successful there was in the U-21 team...even at brescia where he impressed he played a bit behind baggio.....

I say start with the same line-up against ukraine, its the best chance italy have of winning...Del Piero hasn't been impressive with the starts he has in this WC, and against Germany it will only get more physical, a game DP doesnt have....but DP can win us alot of free kicks this way in the second half...
I wasn't really impressed with Grosso until now, he only had an average WC campaign. Schiender's experience will definitely come to use in terms of handling Grosso, and his substitute Odonkor will step up and tear down the right hand side with his speed. Hopefully Grosso won't be exposed so much

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
ZhiXin said:
I wasn't really impressed with Grosso until now, he only had an average WC campaign. Schiender's experience will definitely come to use in terms of handling Grosso, and his substitute Odonkor will step up and tear down the right hand side with his speed. Hopefully Grosso won't be exposed so much
yeah, the last two games have been pretty good for grosso, but Zambo's the guy to break Germany down on the wings, he's the guy I'd love to see free from defensive duties...

Pirlo has had a substandar WC, and only his goal against Ghana was memorable...u just expect more from him, he's dilivered his defensive duties lets just hope he can step up his passing game like u say...its crucial especially with Totti not in full fitness...

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
sateeh said:
champions mate, everyone has a different perception on how the game would go and so everyone would have a different idea on how the formation would be.
Denco is very respected in this forum, but if u disagree u could simply say that.

anyway germany dont play with a line midfield...u could always see frings(kehl or borowski for tonite) operating just behind ballack, schweni and schneider to provide them with some cover. Thats why i understand putting pirlo there as we could see the long pass from deep and not actually needing to go one on one with the opposing DM.
I think that playing with the same formation of that against Ukraine is the perfect thing to do & I know that Lippi will do it.People say germany isnt Ukraine,for me this formation would be better against Germany than it was against Ukrain it is perfect to play with 4 players in the middle in order to try to stop Germany's midfield coz if this job is done then they dont have a chance of putting a goal except from a free kick or smthing.As for Totti playing we need to have a player who connect the wings(Camo,Zambo,Perotta,Grosso) with the striker.we cant afford playing with 2 stikers coz they will be alone & Germany will control the middle.Anyway this my opinion.As for Denco's matter,i said it before I dont respond like this to anyone.Denco is a different issue!

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
The Goalkeeper said:
Go Italia!!!
this is the first time I see a french here.I always thought of Juve as the team that produced the best out of all the lengendery french players(from Platini to Deshamps to Zizou & finally Thuram & Viera & trezy).Anyway I hope the final will be (french vs italy) with at least 7 Juve players playing in this game.I think it will be a record or smthing! Forza Juve! Forza Azurri!Allez Les Bleux!

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
And one more thing...

...this is maybe the last chance to watch:Zambrotta,Cannavaro,Buffon,Del Piero and Camoranesi winning a game as Juventini....we should not miss that.

This is my final post before the game,and I hope that we will celebrate tonight.

Forza Lippi!!!
Forza Juventus!!!
Forza Azzurri!!!

jorossian

Jun 29, 2006
giovanotti said:
And one more thing...

...this is maybe the last chance to watch:Zambrotta,Cannavaro,Buffon,Del Piero and Camoranesi winning a game as Juventini....we should not miss that.

This is my final post before the game,and I hope that we will celebrate tonight.

Forza Lippi!!!
Forza Juventus!!!
Forza Azzurri!!!
:pint:

Yes. Let's enjoy and appreciate every moment lest we miss a single golden glimpse. A week from today our football world may be turned upside down for several years.

"Let us drink and be merry for tomorrow we die!"

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Oh my God I cant believe that we r really gonna go down to serie c1!!!!Where the hell we r going to watch the games! Bufoon,Ibra,Camo,emerson,Viera,Trezy are all 100% out of the team if we were to relegate!! I always felt that in the end smthing is gonna happen to save us but it seems like there is no chance for us to stay where we are.Another thing Cannavaro will have no Scudettos in his career after 2 extraordinary seasons with us.he is left with nothing shouldnt we do smthing to try to stop this???? like a revoluion or smthing?

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
THE CHAMPIONS said:
LoooooL!!!!! this man really fooled u by acting wise!
I have never seen him talking bullshit, he allways tries to be objective and he is allways respectful, I don´t think that he fooled me..

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
THE CHAMPIONS said:
Oh my God I cant believe that we r really gonna go down to serie c1!!!!Where the hell we r going to watch the games! Bufoon,Ibra,Camo,emerson,Viera,Trezy are all 100% out of the team if we were to relegate!! I always felt that in the end smthing is gonna happen to save us but it seems like there is no chance for us to stay where we are.Another thing Cannavaro will have no Scudettos in his career after 2 extraordinary seasons with us.he is left with nothing shouldnt we do smthing to try to stop this???? like a revoluion or smthing?

do be quiet, and just be happy and lets support italia :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)