[WC] Germany vs Italy [04-07-2006] (57 Viewers)

jorossian

Jun 29, 2006
Maresca said:
here are the pics of the acrobatic DP throw in..
special thanks to Isha..
There was a player from my city's USL first division team (Rochester Rhinos) who was known for that style of throw in. He did it WAAAAY better than that guy. His throw ins were just like corner kicks. He always landed on his feet and the ball would almost always land right in the middle of the box. It was a crowd pleaser to be sure. That little bit of skill landed him a roster spot for a bit longer than he probably deserved, but it was a quirky advantage that caught a lot of teams by surprise. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
but that kind of execution... i think a player tried it on a tournament.... dont rmember when......... and the referee punished it as "wrong execution of throw-in"

not sure tho

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
FORZA Azurriii!!!!!! Camo will 100% start the game that means that Italy will play with the same formation of that of the match against Ukraine.Materazzi will replace nesta though I hope Lippi changes his mind & play with Barzaglie! Materazzzie is better in defence but his mistake could cost us the match(a red card an own goal etc...)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
THE CHAMPIONS said:
FORZA Azurriii!!!!!! Camo will 100% start the game that means that Italy will play with the same formation of that of the match against Ukraine.Materazzi will replace nesta though I hope Lippi changes his mind & play with Barzaglie! Materazzzie is better in defence but his mistake could cost us the match(a red card an own goal etc...)
What is the source?

jorossian

Jun 29, 2006
I have yet to see any official word of Camo being injured in any way. I've been checking in to Sky sports news in the states all day and all they've mentioned is Nesta. Not a word about Camoranesi during the past 48 hours.

I chaulk it up to internet gossip gone wild....

jorossian

Jun 29, 2006
Hydde said:
but that kind of execution... i think a player tried it on a tournament.... dont rmember when......... and the referee punished it as "wrong execution of throw-in"

not sure tho
As far as Fifa regulations go all you need for legal execution of a throw in is for both feet to be on the ground and both hands be on the ball as it's released.

Perhaps the player in that tournament couldn't satisfy those requirements while executing the flip-throw?

jorossian

Jun 29, 2006
giovanotti said:
So Camo can play!
Great we need the guy,he is a penetrator ,and a real threat for the German side.
I'm still bracing for dissapointment though..... it's pretty rare, but perhaps someone out there actually does have some valid inside info that has somehow managed to escape international media.

Highly unlikely but they've succeeded in making me slightly nervous. :smoke:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
jorossian said:
As far as Fifa regulations go all you need for legal execution of a throw in is for both feet to be on the ground and both hands be on the ball as it's released.

Perhaps the player in that tournament couldn't satisfy those requirements while executing the flip-throw?

i think it was in a cup of nations--.... but dont remember when.... was in the 2000´s tho. Yeah maybe he was with something wrong and the refree spot it. Like someone mentioned i think was an african team.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Camo is fit, but Nesta is out....

I am curious to see if Lippi plays DP and Totti behind Toni.

I have said that Toni will have difficulties playing as a lone striker, trying to generate most of the offense by himself in the 4-4-1-1, but having both DP and Totti directly behind him may just do the trick

jorossian

Jun 29, 2006
FoxSoccerChannel just reported that Camoranesi returned to practice today and participated in all drills after missing the last 2 practices with an injury (they didn't specify the injury). They said he was ok to play but it's unlikely he's going to start anyway....

Not sure if the last part is credible or not, but this is the first time I heard confirmation of Camo having any injury. While reporting you could see the team practicing in the background and Camo looked real active and had no visible problems. I guess we'll have to wait for a starting 11 to be announced.

I'm really hoping to see the same starting midfield as the Ukraine game. Camo and Gattuso on the field at the same time sets a great tone for the match and I love how Camo controls possesion and sets up Toni and Totti while still providing a threat to take a run himself.

This is getting stressfull

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
jorossian said:
FoxSoccerChannel just reported that Camoranesi returned to practice today and participated in all drills after missing the last 2 practices with an injury (they didn't specify the injury). They said he was ok to play but it's unlikely he's going to start anyway....

Not sure if the last part is credible or not, but this is the first time I heard confirmation of Camo having any injury. While reporting you could see the team practicing in the background and Camo looked real active and had no visible problems. I guess we'll have to wait for a starting 11 to be announced.

I'm really hoping to see the same starting midfield as the Ukraine game. Camo and Gattuso on the field at the same time sets a great tone for the match and I love how Camo controls possesion and sets up Toni and Totti while still providing a threat to take a run himself.

I wouldnt sweat anything that FSC says....

its not like they get their info straight from RAI or Sky Italia

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
this easily qualifies as the biggest game of the worldcup when you look at the pedigree these two teams have.btw,germany have never lost a match in dortmund and italy have never been beaten by germany in a world cup match if im not mistaken.

something has to give.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
It will be some game this..

Germany, though I feel somewhat attached to the country, is not really among the teams I support...Argentina and Italy are...

I hope Italy can manage to attack because defense is the german's real weakness, they are very very solid in midfield and going forward...making good creative passes without over doing them...

Buffon will need to definately show his class...Im betting he'll be Italy's man of the match...

sad hearing he'll leave Juve..

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
jorossian said:

Camo took part in yesterday's training matches, he is available for Lippi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)