[WC] Germany vs Italy [04-07-2006] (25 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I would play like this:

----------------Buffon
--Zambrotta----Canavaro----Nesta(matrix)---Grosso
----------Perrotta----Pirlo----Gattuso
--------Totti------------------Del piero
-----------------Toni

while Defending they can switch to 4-4-2

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I like Del Piero a lot, but I don't think he should get a starting role. I'm sure he'll play his part in the game against Germany as DP's a great semi final player :D.

He should come on early in the second half IMO. If Camoranesi doesn't get fit Italy have a serious problem.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Azzurri7 said:
denco,

what would be your line-up for tomorrow?
Germany's strengths is in the midfield and because of that i will actually play as much as possible the team that trounced them 4-1. Germany have never beaten Italy in the world cup and though ppl diregard history, it does count whenever 2 teams meet, like you will never believe. Ask England about Sweden or Spain about France. I think Perrotta and gatusso are a given in midfield as Perrotta will find loads of space. I think playing Dp on the left will give Klinsmann a headache on how much schneider will go forward or help out Friedrych. My main bone of contention is with Pirlo and Totti. With Totti playing all Germany have to do is put Frings on him and thats pretty much Frings's game anyways, he is not a big attacking threat but I think with Totti's lack of match fitness, Frings will not have that much headache in dealing with him and just letting Germany play their game. Pirlo has to step up, if Ddr was available i would have been tempted to go with him not Pirlo.
The 2 strikers who terrorized Germany not too long ago should start as it will give them a pscychological advantage , and thats Toni and Gilardino
I definitely would not play Nesta , as there is nothing worse than wasting a sub cos of injury
Id rather play Barzagli and Cannavaro as they are quicker and i still think Materazzi is mistake prone and not very quick to deal with Klose and Podolski
Back to Totti, this is a step up in quality of opposition and as England found out, once you meet quality opposition you have to play players that are fit.
For subs, negative subs should not come into play and I would love to see players like Inzaghi, Totti and Camoranesi come on as long as there are no red cards.
Making negative subs does not help any team and flooding the midfield with bodies will not help either as I will say hand on heart if it goes to penalties cos you are protecting a lead and bringing on players to shore up, Germany will win .

Buffon
------Zambrotta----------Barzagli------Cannavaro-----------Grosso

-----------Perrotta--------------Pirlo-----------------Gatusso

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Dp

-----------------------Toni--------------gilardino

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Torsten Frings will not play against Italy as he has been suspended from FIFA for hiting Julio Cruz in the post-match Incindents on the 1/4 finals

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
source: planetfootball.com

Germany midfielder Torsten Frings will miss Tuesday's World Cup semi-final with Italy after being suspended by Fifa.

Frings was involved in the scuffle involving a number of players following Germany's quarter final win over Argentina last Friday.

Argentine duo Maxi Rodriguez and Leandro Cufre were both charged by Fifa for their involvement in the incident.

All German players were initially cleared by Fifa of any wrongdoing, but they have decided to act after Frings was caught on television aiming a blow at Argentina striker Julio Cruz.

Frings heard his case on Monday and the Werder Bremen midfielder pleaded not guilty to the charge.

However, Fifa have found Frings guilty of violent conduct and he will be forced to miss the clash with Italy.

The news is a blow for Germany boss Jurgen Klinsmann as Frings has been instrumental in helping Germany reach the semi-finals.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Camo's injury really worries me. can only wonder what sort of system we'll play without him available. Could it mean DP roaming on the left and Perotta on the right or more likely, a 4-3-3/4-3-1-2?

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
ForzaFerrari said:
Just one more win to get into the finals. I know they can do it, so I hope they will succeed. My biggest dream is an Italy-France final.

It will be a hard fought game.
It would be great to see Dp and Zizou playing again together. They both have a big history between them.

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
We need to have at least 4 players in the midfield in order to stop a very strong german middle who play on the same line from shnieder at right to shwinstiger on the left.we must play with pirlo gattuso,Camo & perotta if Camo is not fit to start,I think lippi will play with Barone & will give pirlo a more offensive role.We need totti & toni to be at their best.Frings is abig blow for them.he was forming a very strong combination with Ballack in the middle.If Nesta is not fit to start I hope that Barzaglie take his place coz Materazzi could cost us the game by a red card or an own goal or a huge mistake!

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
To be honest, I feel quite indifferent to Fringes suspension. I just want a performance by the boys to get us to Berlin. Any news on Camo's condition yet. The collision didnt look that bad when it happened.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Badass Devil said:
so what if i dont like the english? i have every reason not too, just like the scots, the welsh the irish, and pretty much the most of the world

i still fail to see how you're so wound up as to my opinion of italian women over other women, i think you shud just calm the hell down and just accept that england are out.
This has nothing to do with football, and stop stereotyping again countries that supposedly hate the british. You know fuck all.

I think you should just shut the hell up about your generalisations.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well here is the other perspective on the game :D the german side

big blow for germany this frings thing, cant beleive he would do something like that in a time like this...very stupid

i want to see sebastian kehl there, dont know wat klinsi is thinking but imo kehl would get the nod not tim borowski.

its going to be a tough game as the odds r against germany, past games in the world cup and the past few games as well.The lads will need to be at their very best to beat this italian side.
klinsi should continue with his same mentality, if he was to change then there will big problems, he cant outsmart Lippi so i dont think there will be major changes tactically. Team spirit is the way to go and the team has that.

if germany were to lose i wouldnt be very sad as i'm very proud of this and wat it has done. And Italy r my 2nd Favorite team anyways :D

italy need camo there, as without him the width of the field is almost not used with the likes of perrota and rino, who r not natural wingers

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
Klinsi can outsmart Lippi??? Klinsi??? :dielaugh:

BTW, "come on, Mannschaft" doesn't make sense at all...You're saying: come one, team. Could be any team...:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)