[WC] Germany vs Italy [04-07-2006] (40 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Tom said:
Not at all, if you actually read the list of posts, I was merely responding to another post criticising poll. Nothing to do with our loss
it was the english who invented the no red card rule, remmeber andy d'urso? 2 yellows and the player wasnt sent off

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
THE CHAMPIONS said:
I really think that Canna will handle podolsky & the other defender will handle Klose.Podolski is fast,has a big body & is not that tall & canna is the right man for this as for Klose he is a lot taller than Canna & all his action is in the air so Barazaglie should take on him if Nesta isnt fit to start but I really hope that Nesta will play on tuesday he is really the right man to stop Klose!Anyway forza Azurri & we will win it with or without Nesta!
Cannavaro handles both forwards, like always. He's from behind , sweeping everything and coming back for any rebounds. The other defender plays ahead, usually nesta or someone else and will guard someone maybe, but Canna always covers everyone and not a single player. That's the way he plays and is used.

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
mnementh said:
Cannavaro handles both forwards, like always. He's from behind , sweeping everything and coming back for any rebounds. The other defender plays ahead, usually nesta or someone else and will guard someone maybe, but Canna always covers everyone and not a single player. That's the way he plays and is used.
what u say is true when they are passing the ball in the middle of the pitch but when there is a cross or smthing the 2 defenders must play man to man & when this happen I think that the best thing is that Canna handle podolski & the other defender handle Klose!Anyway of course Lippi will studyy these things well before the game & will do the right choice!

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Yeah, you're right about that... and about Lippi :) I do think Canna can guard a player of any height though because he has a great jump like we know.

Btw, Frings will be suspended after all. They say the decision will be made on monday but I'm sure if the footage showed violence then it's a done deal. FIFA is ok and one shouldn't go for conspiracies when they aren't there.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
mnementh said:
Yeah, you're right about that... and about Lippi :) I do think Canna can guard a player of any height though because he has a great jump like we know.

Btw, Frings will be suspended after all. They say the decision will be made on monday but I'm sure if the footage showed violence then it's a done deal. FIFA is ok and one shouldn't go for conspiracies when they aren't there.

no fifa didnt re open the case it was sky italia who provided extra footage forcing fifa to re open the case, though frings could still get away with it, and wouldn't surprise me knowing fifa and their anti italian feeling.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Badass Devil said:
no fifa didnt re open the case it was sky italia who provided extra footage forcing fifa to re open the case, though frings could still get away with it, and wouldn't surprise me knowing fifa and their anti italian feeling.
That's because the footage actually showed the violence, and before there wasn't anything substantial. I don't believe in any predeterminded anti italian reffering and I think it just sounds wrong to even suggest it, with really no evidence at all. What, the south korea match... big deal. Totti did deserve that red card. We shouldn't talk about it like that, especially not juve fans who have been excused of bull through the years as well.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Who do you guys prefer to partner Cannavaro in central defence; Barzagli or Materazzi?

If Frings is indeed suspended that would be great news for Italy. Borowski is a good player but Frings really holds things together in midfield.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Materazzi but not because he's better than Barzagli, but because... we also need a sub in case something happens to Canna god forbid or the other defender. The way I see it if MAterazzi doesn't start he'll be really pissed once he comes in as a sub, after Barzagli started... where barzagli as a youngster will be really motivated also as a sub. better go with matrix' experience, for good or bad.

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #270
    Frings banned for Italy game? Sunday 2 July, 2006
    FIFA have announced that German midfielder Torsten Frings could be suspended for the semi-final against Italy.

The player was caught on camera apparently throwing a punch at Inter’s Julio Cruz during the melee that followed Argentina’s quarter-final exit on penalties.

Leandro Cufrè was red-carded after the final whistle and Maxi Rodriguez is under investigation. At first, FIFA said that no action would be taken against the Germans, but Sky Italia provided the footage to re-open the investigation.

“Following new evidence coming to light, the disciplinary committee have opened a case against the German player Torsten Frings who they are considering played an active role in the incident at the end of the match,” explained FIFA spokesman Markus Siegler this evening.

“The German Federation and the player have until 10am on Monday morning to submit a written explanation. Because of the urgency of the situation, a decision will be announced by the Disciplinary Committee on Monday afternoon.”

Italy take on World Cup hosts Germany on Tuesday evening in Dortmund with a place in the Final at stake.
    so who wants to bet on this one, will it happen or not. we should open a event for this, where are the bookiemakers.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Stuart said:
    Who do you guys prefer to partner Cannavaro in central defence; Barzagli or Materazzi?

If Frings is indeed suspended that would be great news for Italy. Borowski is a good player but Frings really holds things together in midfield.
    i dont think that borowski would be playing instead of frings, i think it would be sebastian Kehl....he should be as good as frings but not as much work rate imo.

and for italy matrix is a better option with his good passing and heading abilities

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
    sateeh said:
    i dont think that borowski would be playing instead of frings, i think it would be sebastian Kehl....he should be as good as frings but not as much work rate imo.

and for italy matrix is a better option with his good passing and heading abilities
    You're right, Borowski is more offensive, so he's the natural sub for Ballack whereas Kehl is more defensive, so he should sub Frings. But who knows, I've got the feeling that Klinsi has become a bit overconfident and might think he could swipe Italy away with a very offensive line up...:angel2:

Anyway, I don't think that Frings will be suspended and actually I even hope that he won't be because Germany would have a reason to whine about and I would fear their anger, you know..

About Matrix: Yes, he should start. :tup: He's got his bad reputation by doing stupid fouls, okay...BUT: If you watch all the matches of Inter and Milan of the last season (Nesta and Materazzi) you'll see that one of them was clearly better than the other...and that was not Nesta.:D
    I have trust in Matrix. Barzagli played well against Ukraine but Germany will be a different story and there's no doubt that he lacks experience...

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Hennes said:
    You're right, Borowski is more offensive, so he's the natural sub for Ballack whereas Kehl is more defensive, so he should sub Frings. But who knows, I've got the feeling that Klinsi has become a bit overconfident and might think he could swipe Italy away with a very offensive line up...:angel2:

Anyway, I don't think that Frings will be suspended and actually I even hope that he won't be because Germany would have a reason to whine about and I would fear their anger, you know..

About Matrix: Yes, he should start. :tup: He's got his bad reputation by doing stupid fouls, okay...BUT: If you watch all the matches of Inter and Milan of the last season (Nesta and Materazzi) you'll see that one of them was clearly better than the other...and that was not Nesta.:D
    I have trust in Matrix. Barzagli played well against Ukraine but Germany will be a different story and there's no doubt that he lacks experience...
    i dont think that klinsi is that confident, that would be a major point against him if borowski starts in that DM role.i see borowski going in later on. Schweni needs to step up as he has a weaker defensive opposition in grosso.

i dont think the german fans would be whining abt missing frings,i know i wont as a germany fan.

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
    i dont think the german fans would be whining abt missing frings,i know i wont as a germany fan.
    I'm not talking about the fans... But when I hear Sammer talking today complaining why the Italians have dared to ask some questions about Frings not being suspended...That's what I mean...

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #276
    Today’s training session in the Italy camp in Duisburg was opened up to 300 fans and the Press, as enthusiasm is growing around the Azzurri’s World Cup bid.

Marcello Lippi split the squad in two for a game between ranks, but Gianluca Zambrotta, Luca Toni, Nesta, Angelo Peruzzi and Mauro Camoranesi sat this out.

The side without coloured vests won 2-1 with goals for Pippo Inzaghi, an Andrea Barzagli own goal and Alessandro Del Piero’s penalty.

Team with vests: Buffon, Barzagli, Materazzi, Grosso, Barone, Pirlo, De Rossi, Gilardino, Del Piero

Team without vests: Amelia, Oddo, Cannavaro, Zaccardo, Gattuso, Perrotta, Totti, Inzaghi, Iaquinta
    barzagli own goal:sick: GREEEEEEAAAAAAAAT practising.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #277
    camoranesi got injured during training, it will be announced tomorrow how serious his injury is (knee)
    ---

thats just great, our only winger might be out of this match :(

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Geof said:
    So is Nesta gonna be fit or not?

Not really, he's out.

Stuart said:

I say Matrix, though Barzagli may look much more wiser and mature than matrix but Azzurri need a tall defender to be marking the likes of ballack and Klose, specially in freekicks or corner-kicks. So, I'll go with Matrix.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
    Hennes said:
    If you watch all the matches of Inter and Milan of the last season (Nesta and Materazzi) you'll see that one of them was clearly better than the other...and that was not Nesta.:D .
    That doesn't mean much... Cannavaro always sucked for inter :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)