[WC] Germany vs Italy [04-07-2006] (44 Viewers)

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Nesta chances 'very remote' for Italy's semi

DUISBURG, Germany, July 2 (Reuters) - Italy defender Alessandro Nesta is almost certain to miss Tuesday's World Cup semi-final against Germany because of a groin injury, the team's spokesman said on Sunday.

Nesta missed Italy's 1-0 second round win over Australia and their 3-0 triumph over Ukraine in the quarter-final due to the injury which he picked up during the final group game against the Czech Republic.

'His chances of playing are very remote,' said Italian Football Federation spokesman Antonello Valentini, adding that the player had undergone further tests on Saturday.

Inter Milan defender Marco Materazzi, who missed the Ukraine match due to suspension, is likely to return to the starting lineup although Andrea Barzagli, who deputised well in the quarter-final, is another option open to coach Marcello Lippi.

Nesta has missed games through injuries in all three World Cups he has participated in and was absent for Italy's second round defeat to co-hosts South Korea four years ago

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
giovanotti said:
Mexico man....what can I say..I have much more confidence in European refs,except those charlatans Poll and Ivanov.
I know, the flagsmen is gona be some Japanese guy I think.

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #247
    rosetti has been one of the most solid refs in the tournament. not card crazy like some others.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Stephan said:
    i see you are showing your frustration eh? because of england lost.
    well at least i no longer have to put up with the hour long coverage of the england side before and after each wc game.

England are like inter milan - a team worth millions (so most claim), underachievers, chokers, and a team that most football fans and like to see fail.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #252
    no i didnt meant you, i asked it from tom.
    you Devil supported italy if i am not mistaken.

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
    I really think that Canna will handle podolsky & the other defender will handle Klose.Podolski is fast,has a big body & is not that tall & canna is the right man for this as for Klose he is a lot taller than Canna & all his action is in the air so Barazaglie should take on him if Nesta isnt fit to start but I really hope that Nesta will play on tuesday he is really the right man to stop Klose!Anyway forza Azurri & we will win it with or without Nesta!

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
    why guys do u want Frings to miss the match.I dont like beating teams when they are missing players so the wont say we missed.... & that why we loos .let all their players play .We have a much much better squad & if the referee was fair we will go to Berlin!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    THE CHAMPIONS said:
    why guys do u want Frings to miss the match.I dont like beating teams when they are missing players so the wont say we missed.... & that why we loos .let all their players play .We have a much much better squad & if the referee was fair we will go to Berlin!

its not so much we dont want frings to play to make it easier, its because fifa has always emphasised the rules of fair play, and if they give de rossi a 3 match ban for wot he did, its only fair that frings, who punched cruz is given a similar treatment. so im more furious with fifa.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #257
    its not about wanting frings miss, its about how fifa has handled situations. there was a fight after arg-germany game, and frings hit cruz. The fifa investigator(who happens to be german!) said frings doesn't have to fear any actions or consequences against him!

while in the same time, de rossi gets 4 match ban in the game situation. where is the justice here? other players get banned but german players gets nothing??

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
    Badass Devil said:
    its not so much we dont want frings to play to make it easier, its because fifa has always emphasised the rules of fair play, and if they give de rossi a 3 match ban for wot he did, its only fair that frings, who punched cruz is given a similar treatment. so im more furious with fifa.
    FUCK FIFA! any idea who is the refereeeeee?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Stephan said:
    its not about wanting frings miss, its about how fifa has handled situations. there was a fight after arg-germany game, and frings hit cruz. The fifa investigator(who happens to be german!) said frings doesn't have to fear any actions or consequences against him!

while in the same time, de rossi gets 4 match ban in the game situation. where is the justice here? other players get banned but german players gets nothing??

another reasons to hate the germans :tdown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)