• France

• Switzerland

• Korea Republic

• Togo

Results are only viewable after voting.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
France were awful with Wiltord and Ribery giving the poorest of displays. South \korea and \togo were both very average and this may turn out to be the worst group in terms of quality of football

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
congrats gray, good on korea

abt france, Domench should be burned for everything he did in that game. Very very poor coach.
First he played with 451 against a team that is happy to sit back and play on the counter. then he doesnt change the tactics for the whole 2nd half and leaves the play the same.And how does he play henry as a target man is just beyond me.
Then he doesnt switch wiltord but he changes ribery who was better of the two. And he leaves Treze on the bench when this was his type of game.

i just feel bad for the veterns like zidan and thuram who came back to be disgraced by this coach

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Thanks guys :)

That was probably the worst I've seen Korea play for a long long time, but we came away with a good result which is all that matters.

Damn it'd be freaking hilarious to see France go out in the group stage again, though I'd feel bad for France's Juventus contingent.

In truth we probably deserved to lose (I'm the first to admit that Vieira's effort crossed the goal line), but then again France didn't thoroughly deserve to win either. Good to see Henry at his usual choking best.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Poor zizou,makelele, and thuram they shoudlnt have come back with an idiot of a coach like this one. Not any player deserves this guy as their coach....ffs when korea equalised it took him 7 mins to make a change and he gets in a useless vikash dhorasso.And he introduces trezi at the 90th...the way this guy thinks is beyond me.

and abt France's goal from paddy's header. There two refs outside the field doing nothing , why dont they put them behind the goals so things like that dont happen

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
If Togo refused to play cos on money problems they should be banned for a very long time from playing football.
Typical Henry, scores when the pressure is off against lesser sides but whenever pressure is on, he screws up
Its what seperates the very good from all time greats

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I won't complain about the ref, because we probably didn't deserve to win the match anyway, but seriously... how often does that happen? :groan:

Korea's the only team to go out of the competition with 4 points...

:sad:

I hope you're all happy

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I actually thought the ref made the right call on that presumed offsides. The bigger problem was that the team laid off when the flag went up rather than waiting for the whistle.

Still, Korea went out with a solid WC performance, IMO. That's the trouble with the bubble.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
korean players made the mistake, u should always play on the whistle..and the korean players just stopped

i saw the france game until wiltord came in and i just went to sleep, much better performance by them and trezi was supposed to get a goal but was unfairly cancelled

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Oh, I never denied that the referee made the correct decision, and in the end the fault lies with the players for stopping when they saw the referee's flag... but as I said, how often does the referee overrule his linesman like that?

I don't imagine many footballers in the world have experienced that in their whole careers, let alone a squad taken largely out of the K-League :groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)