• Croatia

• Australia

• Japan

Results are only viewable after voting.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
totally agree mcrae, and he was in viola as well if am not mistaken

and alfio i thought the ref did very well in this game.There was not big mistakes, australia have themselves to blame no one else.

also wat is kewell doing ? just childish

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
sateeh said:
totally agree mcrae, and he was in viola as well if am not mistaken

and alfio i thought the ref did very well in this game.There was not big mistakes, australia have themselves to blame no one else.

also wat is kewell doing ? just childish
tottally disagree the ref gave all decsions in favour of the brazilians! It was disgraceful and i will not choose otherwise! :faq1:

Kewell did a bad thing but i say he had every right to frustrated and angry and if he is suspended it is def a injustice just because ref is GERMAN!!! But yes it dosent look good for him!:cry: But we must get a result without him and i hope its a draw in the worst! also i beleive Viduka will score!

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
It's easy to criticise Brazil as many are doing here now but for me they are still the most beautiful side or will be once Parreira makes a minor change which he'd have planned long before anyway.

Parreira is intent on using a 'Fab Four' when really he has five such players. Robinho's poor season along with Ronaldo's decline has meant Adriano has a place in the team even though coming deeper for the ball is not his strength and has suffered at Inter trying this too.

At the Confederations Cup last year in Ronaldo's absence it was a more of a 4-2-3-1 rather than the 4-2-2-2 it is now with Kaka and Ronaldinho covering the wide areas. From that view having still four attackers but now Adriano can be left alone upfront with support interchageable from three suppliers but eventually Kaka will move centrally in my opinion (and will end as player of the tournament too) with Robinho being the rookie just as Ronaldinho was four years ago and his impact more minimal as the 4th man.

The alternative strategy would be to introduce Juninho Pernambucano for Ronaldo. This team would have balance then with three midfielders and three attackers just as Argentina except Brazil are weaker in the midfield area of that texture you need (Spain are second to Argentina in that respect). Secondly, this is Brazil and if any team should be more attacking then why shouldn't it be them? Parreira follows this idea and after winning defensively in 1994 is desperate to win in this new style.

Currently, Argentina appear the most beautiful team along with Spain - who are a lower-budget version (great balance but lesser quality, expectation & belief). But both sides play with only three attackers which reinforces the trend here in European football of a more defensive approach. The 4-2-3-1 that was once popular has become a 4-3-3. Brazil look ugly as their football has been disjointed so far but if they win with four attackers and two attacking but veteran full-backs (who by the way played as virtually wingers four years ago) it would be a huge statement and bigger overall then the football Argentina are playing now.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
big points go to guus, although he put kalac there...but i see his points schwarzy is not in good form as well.

good on ya Aussies, good on ya socceroos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)