Which two teams will go through?

• Brasil

• Croatia

• Australia

• Japan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
well we will see i just hope we dont get smashed and the ref is a bit leanient or we could b down to 9 men! lol If we get the ref italy got we got no chance! anyway we hope for a result! We aint going to win the WC but hopefully can get past 1st round!

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Alfio_87 said:
well we will see i just hope we dont get smashed and the ref is a bit leanient or we could b down to 9 men! lol If we get the ref italy got we got no chance! anyway we hope for a result! We aint going to win the WC but hopefully can get past 1st round!
my friend the ref italy got was from uruguay so australia wouldnt get a chance from the get go :p
and yes if the game didnt have a more lenient refferee then it would be much harder on the socceroos. Also there are suspensions to think abt for the croatia game.
the refferee will be markus merk which i dont really like but he is one of the best in the world.I hope he doesnt protect the brazilians that much.

And ohh by the way u said something abt me not understanding the pain and frustration of the failures of my team ? Well my home country was 30 mins away from our first world cup.:cry:

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
sateeh said:
my friend the ref italy got was from uruguay so australia wouldnt get a chance from the get go :p
and yes if the game didnt have a more lenient refferee then it would be much harder on the socceroos. Also there are suspensions to think abt for the croatia game.
the refferee will be markus merk which i dont really like but he is one of the best in the world.I hope he doesnt protect the brazilians that much.

And ohh by the way u said something abt me not understanding the pain and frustration of the failures of my team ? Well my home country was 30 mins away from our first world cup.:cry:
yes Hopefully merk is good tonite!
what was ur nation that missed out?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
OK, so it ended 2-0 Brazil. But dare I say: Brazil has bored me thus far in the tournament. (And what was up with Fred? The guy was celebrating his easy goal like he had just won the Cup.) Ronaldinho is continuing his dodgy form from the late stages of the CL. Ronaldo got a good assist in, but otherwise had one of the most hilariously awful complete whiffs on a ball that I've seen in a while. Dida looks sketchy at times. Roberto Carlos is showing his age. Only Kaká seems to be living up to his potential thus far.

Translation: they'll probably win the cup again.

I guess it could be worse. You could be fatter and lazier, like France.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
ref talk bout protecting the brazilians was digrace!! Aussies were wonderful i thought put it right up to them and with bit of luck it could have been oh so different! but i clap my hands for the aussies

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I want to give Merck some slack, as I know he is capable of some legit refereeing. And this WC the refs have made it too easy to slag on them.

But I think it was a telling moment midway in the second half when Merck called a foul Australia's way -- after an untold series Brazil's way -- and a bunch of fans erupted in applause. Brazil still deserved the win, but I had a hard time agreeing with many of Merck's foul calls.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Don Bes said:
it looks like argentina is doing what everyone expected brazil to do. as for them, they look like a different team once robhino is on the pitch
Robinho looks like one of the few hungry players out there for Brazil.

What I'll hate is a Brazil that will struggle fat, dumb, and stupid into the final rounds and then suddenly decide to dominate -- as they did in last year's Confed Cup.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
swag said:
Robinho looks like one of the few hungry players out there for Brazil.
What I'll hate is a Brazil that will struggle fat, dumb, and stupid into the final rounds and then suddenly decide to dominate -- as they did in last year's Confed Cup.
I agree plus Kaka , the others are here for vacation only.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
swag said:
I want to give Merck some slack, as I know he is capable of some legit refereeing. And this WC the refs have made it too easy to slag on them.

But I think it was a telling moment midway in the second half when Merck called a foul Australia's way -- after an untold series Brazil's way -- and a bunch of fans erupted in applause. Brazil still deserved the win, but I had a hard time agreeing with many of Merck's foul calls.
I hope australia put a offical complant out to fifa he was disgrace and i wont say other wise look at the ful count
BRA AUS
16 Shots 14
7 Corners 4
9 Fouls 25
3 Cautions2
0 Expulsions0

25 to 9 come on what is that crap!!

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #78
    Brasil are yet to meet a real opponent and get humiliated.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    well i was in fed. square cheering the team on, and they made everyone in the nation proud.

both teams had the chances to finish up the game...

first australia....chances all over, shut down the brazilians and didnt give them a chance to breathe in the first half. Later in the 2nd chances were all over for kewell twice and for the Dukes(Viduka) as well but they werent taken. Guuss's intentions were obvious as he wanted to go for it was a fair go, as he had the brazilians in his back pocket with his tactics. The team played it heart out but couldnt win.Should've , but couldn't, i recommend the Guuss reeally considers putting Aloisi from the begining as Viduka is incompetent.

2nd Brazil.....this team just relies on individual brilliance of someone or just chance and nothing more. Very different to the past brazilian sides. It relies on one player dribbling and creating a chance , nothing of a team play. U could see team play sometimes but most times u would see kaka or ronaldinho dribbling or putting in a through pass or something. Their possesion game is a disgrace and their runs off the ball is the same. I think the problem is that they some anchor player in midfield(actually in the middle) to link up play from either side. Both ze roberto and puma arent doing that.Ze roberto is the best player in that team as he runs his heart out infront and in the back.
    I think that if parriera had some balls he wouldve taken Ronaldinho out and gave cicinho a chance for the fast counters as Ronnie is a dissappoitment another time. If brazilians used their had a few times upfront they could've at least got two more goals.
    If this team continues to play like this they CANT win the WC.

ohh and abt croatia, they just disappointed me in the japan game. They will need to step up if they want that 2nd spot

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
    ok it's official now...that guy Yanakisawa is the worst player in the world cup..how is he paid by profesional clubs?how on earth did Mesina give this clown a chance to play at Seria A?He makes Ghadafi look like Maradona or sth...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)