• Brasil

• Croatia

• Australia

• Japan

Results are only viewable after voting.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Aussies r playing very tough football, imo even harder than the english at the moment, so i think Brazil will have some problems(or injuries) in that game.
If Australia dont win the first game against Japan then am sure they will be out, and most ppl here think the same thing.
On paper Croatia should get 2nd but they didnt have a good pre-WC campain, so they will need to step up later.
I would be surprised if Brazil didnt get full points

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
The more I think of Brazil , the more i see lots of chinks in their armour. Dida seems to always have lapses in concentration, the defence is not the best as Cafu and Carlos always leaves them exposed. Puma is a legend in serieA but pretty ordinary when it comes to Cl and whenever I see him playing for Brazil. His combination with Ze Roberto in the middle of midfield is not the best either. Ronaldo and Adriano did not have the best of seasons either. Ronaldo especially doe snot contribute at all in open play and even his dribbling skills seem to have deserted him. But having said all of that, if they click , they are almost unstoppable cos how do u cater for Kaka, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Carlos, Ronaldo, Adriano, Robinho and Juninho if they are coming at you, desperately looking for a goal?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
The more I think of Brazil , the more i see lots of chinks in their armour. Dida seems to always have lapses in concentration, the defence is not the best as Cafu and Carlos always leaves them exposed. Puma is a legend in serieA but pretty ordinary when it comes to Cl and whenever I see him playing for Brazil. His combination with Ze Roberto in the middle of midfield is not the best either. Ronaldo and Adriano did not have the best of seasons either. Ronaldo especially doe snot contribute at all in open play and even his dribbling skills seem to have deserted him. But having said all of that, if they click , they are almost unstoppable cos how do u cater for Kaka, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Carlos, Ronaldo, Adriano, Robinho and Juninho if they are coming at you, desperately looking for a goal?
exactlly, but watever that is they still have the best overall team. And they dont need any team to do them any favour as they could score at any time from anywhere.
Puma would have a big task as most of the players around him r attack minded so he will need to clean up much.

May 27, 2006
brazil and japan. remember japan beat brazil in the last game they had. that match should be nie to watch. nothing against croatia, but given thei japanaese culture their footbal is the most calmed and orgainzed iv'seen in years from an asian team, even surpassing some european teams

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Good game between Australian and Japan , i was very impressed by both teams, Japan's quality with Australia's energy was good to watch even in the heat. Shame about the dunce of the referee though with too many wrong and crucial decisions against both teams

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
there's been much talk about Japan's goal i see...am i the only one who thought that the australian defender pushed the japanese striker right at Schwarzer?Japan was also denied a clear penalty after th3 1-1...and i was disgusted by Hidinks behaviour who was bullying Zico's assistants and the 4th referee..what an idiot..

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Aussies played well, but i think the japs could only blame themselves for the result and zico should talk less and think more abt the games. He is one of the main reasons that they lost the game. What was he thinking when he didnt sub the forwards or the midfieldes until the 80th min. Just idiotic imo.

Good on the aussies though they should've wrapped the game before..Viduka was poor just very poor.Kennedy was alrite so was cahill ofcourse

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
I expect Croatia to have bigger problems with Japan than Australia to be honest. Australia has a kind of game you should be able to controll, not too fast attackers and Croatia defend godly. Though vs Japan you will get a lot of quick little men with great technique playing with your rather slow defenders. Then again, the Croatian team is filled with giants, not one player under 180 or how was it? You should be able to score one or two headers.

I am not impressed by Croatias attack, against Sweden in the qualifiers they won both with 1-0, and it was from a freekick and a penalty kick. Though you can manage 1-1 or 0-0 versus Brasil, and with a worse result than a draw I don't see Croatia advancing from this group. I highly doubt you will beat both Japan and Australia.

Croatia - Brasil 0 : 3

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Seven said:
Could you be any more of a glory hunter?
don't say that man, he is only loyal to Barcelona, chelsea and Juventus. Brazil, Italia, France and Argentina and Germany. that has nothing to do with glory hunting :eyebrows:

P.S: I hope I didn't forget the other teams..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)