• Paraguay

• Trinidad and Tobago

• Sweden

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Crouch halts robotic celebrations

Peter Crouch says his robotic dancing career is over - and will only be revived if England win the World Cup.

Liverpool striker Crouch has become a cult figure among England fans because of his eccentric goal celebration, but now he feels it is time to get serious.

He explained: "It's not about robotic dancing. It is about scoring goals and winning matches. It's an important time for everyone now.

"It's serious business, though we might all do it if we win the World Cup."

He added: "If you can enjoy yourself, all well and good, but the first thing we must concentrate on winning football matches.

"The lads are keen for me to keep it going, but I'm not sure about that. I hope to get as many goals as I can, but I'm not sure about that celebration."

Crouch is certain Michael Owen, his strike partner in Saturday's 1-0 win against Paraguay, will soon be indulging in goal celebrations of his own, despite being substituted early in the second half.

He said: "Over the years Michael has been playing, he has always scored goals and I believe he will always score goals.

"He is a goalscorer and a finisher and when he is given chances he will score.

"Michael is one of our main threats, so there is no problem with him."

Meanwhile, Crouch admits he may have to adapt his game to avoid falling foul of World Cup referees.

He was booked against Paraguay after being penalised several times by referee Marco Rodriguez for aerial challenges.

Crouch said: "It was very frustrating. I was getting pulled up for things that wouldn't be a foul in the Premiership.

"It was a worry to pick up a booking, but I'm not going to change my game, although I may have to adapt it a bit."

He added: "I felt the referee was overly-fussy at times, but I'm not going to blame referees. This is international football and maybe I have to adapt my game a touch."

The Liverpool star, meanwhile, will be happy to welcome Wayne Rooney back into the England side, even though it could put his place under threat.

Rooney could see some action in England's next group game against Trinidad and Tobago in Nuremberg on Thursday.

He said: "It's important we have him back. The fact that the manager named him in the squad showed he was always confident he would be fit, and in training he is looking fit.

"He's a top player and we need everyone fit if we are going to do well in the World Cup."

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/5072314.stm

Why do people call him Crouchinho? There's nothing little about him (as far as I know :p ), it should be Crouchão :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
There is still the option he's trying to surprise us, of course. Next time he scores he'll run to the nearest camera, yell "SURPRISE!" and do his dance...

That might hurt my eyes...

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #107
    There is the option that he did it once and he does not know how to do it again so he came out with this announcement.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Zé Tahir said:
    Why do people call him Crouchinho? There's nothing little about him (as far as I know :p ), it should be Crouchão :D
    Nobody calls him Crouchinho. The correct phrase is Crouchoudinho and it is used as far as I'm aware only by myself and a handful of my mates.

And there's no way that if he scores he doesn't do that dance. Thats the sole reason the england fans don't boo him anymore :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Tom said:
    Nobody calls him Crouchinho. The correct phrase is Crouchoudinho and it is used as far as I'm aware only by myself and a handful of my mates.

And there's no way that if he scores he doesn't do that dance. Thats the sole reason the england fans don't boo him anymore :D
    I think it's the best nickname in years though. We should try to make it well known. Would be great if tv commentators call him Crouchoudinho :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    "There goes Crouchoudinho...

Oh my god what a stunner!"

On screen you would then see Crouch having difficulties to simply run and tap in an easy goal which is followed by his robot act :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)