• Germany

• Costa Rica

• Poland

• Ecuador

Results are only viewable after voting.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Very good game by Germany and good that they kept up going even after missing chances. I am impressed with what i have seen of them so far. The so called experts always wanna pick on negatives but like the way they keep going forward and playing in an attractive way. Lahm and Ballack ooze class. Schneider and Klose are good as well and the central defenders are very impressive too. Not too sure about Podolski and Odonkor does come in and give a different dimension.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Strikers and shots from the german team was coming down the Polish goal like fireworks on the fourth of July. Hitting the post few times plus some excellent saves by the GK held germany to a tie till the last minutes. If you have watched the game (or the Highlights) you could tell how much germany was trying be Klinsman's reaction after the goal.

gaspipe

Eavesdropper
Nov 6, 2005
Rami said:
No offence pipe, but poland wasn't close to anything but packing their bags:)
that was kind of joke :D but Rami you have to admit that they played with passion and agression. However its not enough to beat Germans.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
good play by Ecuador.
The winning margin should be 4-0, the ref missed a PK in the last min.
Costa Rican was lacking of a little luck to score a goal.
I expect Ecuador would give the German a lesson of how to play football!

and hats off for Poland players, they are real fighters on the pitch.

gaspipe

Eavesdropper
Nov 6, 2005
edpiero said:
Poland will soon get it's chance, dont worry. :)
thanks Ed :) i hope so

Escpectro said:
yeeeeeeeeeeeeiiii we suck... yipiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
:lol: but at least they scored 2 goals against Germans :)

AlexTheGreat said:
good play by Ecuador.
The winning margin should be 4-0, the ref missed a PK in the last min.
Costa Rican was lacking of a little luck to score a goal.
I expect Ecuador would give the German a lesson of how to play football!

and hats off for Poland players, they are real fighters on the pitch.
yeah that was very good play by Equador. I'm impressed :)

:pint: :pint:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ecuador were just a different class and are a joy to watch. Will be very interesting that final match against the manschaft, as it will determine who will play england and the winner between sweden and paraguay.

juvegcn

Oct 13, 2003
Hi, I think I am the only ecuadorian here in these forums... i am so happy for the way my country has been playing, i am really in shock, seeing my counry play so well is incredible. For all the people who were saying that Ecuador only wins because of the high altitude in Quito (Parreira, Forla, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Peckerman, etc...), I think this is the proff that we are a great team. It might be a surprise for the whole world, but many people here were really expecting Ecuador to be a solid team in the WC. I am really proud of the players and they way they have handled the task, being humble, first of all, and taking one step at a time. Its gonna be a very nice game against Germany too! A very cool detail of the game was when kaviedes, the player who scored the last goal, used that yellow spiderman mask. I think it was the most emotional and impresive gesture of the game. It brought tears to my eyes... if you dont know why: like a year ago, 7th of may, 2005 our main striker, Otilino Tenorio, he was our promise, probably our biggest player... he died in a car crash, at the age of 26, pretty young. He used to celebrate all his goals by wearing a spiderman mask, which was given to him by his little son. It was pretty sad, and emotional. I havent bee around this forums much time, but ill start to write here more often, specially during the world cup! and also when serie A, or B? begins... I am a really diehard Juve fan too!! and also try to watch games from the copa libertadores in south america... it is as good as the champions league! believe me, specially LDU de Quito, believe me... and one more thing FIFA didnt ban my City Quito as a place to play int matches because of the altitude.

juvegcn

Oct 13, 2003
mephiztopheles said:
:wth:
ECUADOR 2-0 POLAND!!!!!!
VAMOS ECUADOR PAPÁ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gracias por apoyar a ecuador!!!, despues de todo parte del triufon es de ustedes hermanos colombianos!!! gracias por todo!!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
wow nice story about the spider man mask, congratulations on your victory and subsequent qualification for the knock-out rounds.

just so you know though mate if you post in spanish often the mods will give you a warning. anyway welcome ot the forums and again congrats

juvegcn

Oct 13, 2003
thanks!, i am sorry for the spanish... i was saying thanks to the guy from colombia for cheering up for ecuador... after all colombia and ecuador we are so alike and we are like brother countries, actually i see no difference between colombia´s people and us... also ecuador´s manager is colombian

gaspipe

Eavesdropper
Nov 6, 2005
juvegcn said:
thanks!, i am sorry for the spanish... i was saying thanks to the guy from colombia for cheering up for ecuador... after all colombia and ecuador we are so alike and we are like brother countries, actually i see no difference between colombia´s people and us... also ecuador´s manager is colombian
:) I wish your team good luck in match with Germans. You deserved to be on the first place in the group. I have to admit that i didn't expect Equador will be dangerous in this group. I was wrong. :oops:

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
juvegcn said:
Hi, I think I am the only ecuadorian here in these forums... i am so happy for the way my country has been playing, i am really in shock, seeing my counry play so well is incredible. For all the people who were saying that Ecuador only wins because of the high altitude in Quito (Parreira, Forla, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Peckerman, etc...), I think this is the proff that we are a great team. It might be a surprise for the whole world, but many people here were really expecting Ecuador to be a solid team in the WC. I am really proud of the players and they way they have handled the task, being humble, first of all, and taking one step at a time. Its gonna be a very nice game against Germany too! A very cool detail of the game was when kaviedes, the player who scored the last goal, used that yellow spiderman mask. I think it was the most emotional and impresive gesture of the game. It brought tears to my eyes... if you dont know why: like a year ago, 7th of may, 2005 our main striker, Otilino Tenorio, he was our promise, probably our biggest player... he died in a car crash, at the age of 26, pretty young. He used to celebrate all his goals by wearing a spiderman mask, which was given to him by his little son. It was pretty sad, and emotional. I havent bee around this forums much time, but ill start to write here more often, specially during the world cup! and also when serie A, or B? begins... I am a really diehard Juve fan too!! and also try to watch games from the copa libertadores in south america... it is as good as the champions league! believe me, specially LDU de Quito, believe me... and one more thing FIFA didnt ban my City Quito as a place to play int matches because of the altitude.

Ya I remember him, I was shocked also when I learned he died, he used to play for Al-Nasser over here in KSA, and he was good....RIP

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
truly touching story top stuff and congrats to equador i remba last wc in 2002 wen u helped italy go though neva got t thank u guys for that ..thnaks even tho the next step was to our demise!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
there was an inury scare in the german camp as chritoph metzelder limped out from the training ground with a knee injury and it was initially thought that he would miss the ecuador game at least, but now he is ok and he will play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)