Wayne Rooney - You must know about this boy! (1 Viewer)

nowhereman

Jul 15, 2002
This is one of the newest young talent of England. People says that he is even better than Owen. Let's take a look.

Club: Everton

Shirt Number: 18

Position: Forward

Date of Birth: October 24, 1985

Birthplace: Liverpool

This young forward is seen as the best young prospect at Goodison Park for many, many years. The coaching staff truly believe they have a player with the world at his feet, and the evidence so far is compelling.
Brought into the first team squad for the pre-season friendlies prior to the start of the 2002/3 season, Rooney has been a revelation - despite still being only a 16-year-old.

The academy graduate, who had been on the bench previously without featuring, netted eight goals in eight games in the Youth FA Cup in 2001/02.

Went on the club's tour of Austria and scored a hat-trick against SC Weiz. He scored another pre-season hat-trick against Queen's Park less than a week later.

By this time Rooney had only four reserve team games under his belt, a measure of what is set to be a meteoric rise for the young forward.

The player has been dubbed Everton's answer to Michael Owen - because of his electric pace and not a dodgy hamstring!

Everton deputy chairman Bill Kenwright said in July 2002: 'I did a radio interview yesterday and I tried to play down Rooney, but you can't play down Rooney. How can you play down the greatest thing around in football? He will make an impact this season and I hope he does.

'You have to try to protect him from us, our fans and our hopes, but we have a great manager and I hope he will get that point across.'

A bright prospect? I think you could say that.

Great

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
yeah ive a hearda him...i remember onw of the teammate's calling him the new ryan giggs :eek: :lick: if true, i'ld luv to have him

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
hopefully in England these king of talent guys soonlly and easilly
are discovered even in the earlier ages like Rooney 17( or maybe
he was younger when he was discovered).
in other countries ,in africa ,asia ,america ,there's a lot of super
talent guys who're waitin' for someone to discover them ,and
even a miracle could not help them to shining beacuse there's
a lack of lock .
maybe if i were in England i would be famous player right now.;)
nobody discovered me:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)