Wayne Bridge (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
You guys are not seriously suggesting that Wayne Bridge is juventus material and I am sorry but he is nowhere near Ashley Cole possibly just in the crossing of the ball but this kind of rumour makes me shudder.

If we are serious about winning champions league as Nedved, Dp and Buffon are suggesting then surely we have to be going for players of much higher calibre.

It grates to read that Spurs are going after Etoo, Man. City thinking of Ronaldinho and we wasting so much time talking to Amauri, who keeps talking about playing for Milan for 6 months and Juve for 6 months.

Goodness a fantastic squad of players in barcelona are there for the taking, Deco has stated openly he wants to play in either Italy or Spain; what the hell are we waiting for?

Nasri is there to go after, Valbuena is a very interesting player, Fiorentina are in pole position for Juan Vargas we are discussing Wayne Bridge.

Real zaragoza got relegated, they have excellent players, Mallorca have an excellent centre back in Nunes; Saydoo Keita is a good midfield general at Sevilla.

Carlos Cuellar was fantastic for Rangers in the UEFA cup and with all due respect too good for the Scottish league

Zapata of Udinese is very good.

Waiting for after Euro2008 is silly as far too many flashes in the pan in big championship as you get players that can shine for a few weeks and you buy them and realise you have been duped.

If we really want to win Cl a combination of Leggro and Chiellini is central defence is not goinna do it.

Vast improvements in midfield is required and I hate to be cruel but change in management might be necessary.

Clubs are getting richer and it would be harder for Italian clubs to be as succesful if they are just thinking of free transfers and players not up to it.

Think of how Real madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, United etc would be looking to improve on already good squads then you would realise asking for Wayne Bridge is just madness

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Wayne Bridge... I never saw that guy in action but I heard he is not bad
anyway I`d still hoping that eigther Zambrotta or Grosso sign with us for next season

Mar 6, 2005
Silly thing to say, he has been great this season. Very good player and would be a great starter for us.

He is OMG ENGLISH though, isn't he? HOW DARE HE!
Please, don't even imply that I'm that dumb.. I'll have you know that I watch plenty of the premier league, and whenever Bridge has played (little this season, might I add) he's been average at best. Did I even mention in my post that I didn't want him because he was English? No, I didn't, you must feel like an idiot now.

There are many great English players.. Bridge is not even close to being very good.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Dossena, Vargas and Pasqual are available, so y would we be looking toward's England? I dont believe this rumour. Other than the connection to Ranieri, it doesn't make much sense.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Id welcome Bridge here.Vargas and Dossena are better players than him,but if we fail to get them,Bridge would be pretty decent alternative.I dont see him leaving England though.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Assuming De Ceglie is coming in to be the reserve LWM/LWB as the case requires, I'd rather not load up the left side with inexperience or inadequate (Molinaro) players.

In terms of skill, experience and suitability, my preference would be this:
Zambrotta, Grosso, Bridge, Pasqual, Dossena, Vargas (I think he's quite overrated, personally)

Zambrotta and Grosso are the best options for obvious reasons, but I would definitely not discount Wayne Bridge.

Just because a lot of Brits come to Italy and fail does not mean they all will. Ranieri may not be the best coach, but he is a very good judge of talent, and Bridge is certainly a talent that is languishing in Chelsea (as is the frequent case - just look at the mess Ivanovic bought himself into there).

He has international and CL experience and would be a good addition to the squad.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Bridge is miles and miles and miles... an miles and MILES above Molinaro. That's what matters.

Moreover, I'd say Bridge tries very hard, too.

:seven:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)