Was 2007 the worst Mercato summer in Juve's recent history? (1 Viewer)

Was 2007 the worst Mercato summer in Juve's recent history?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
My only complaint is that we would have been better off signing 1 world class player in midfield rather than 2 good ones who we dont play.

Also, people are being harsh on Molinaro. Molinare cant cross, ok, but other than Camo, Nedved and Del Piero, the rest of the team cant either. Plus his work ethic is very good, which means he will improve.
I'd probably add Iaquinta to that list. I seem to remember that brilliant header goal Trezeguet scored off an Iaquinta cross early in the season.

Regardless... just because lots of the team can't, doesn't mean its okay that he can't. As far as I am concerned, Molinaro is an excellent sub, but not a starter. I think both wingback positions are emerging as serious trouble spots. Zebina/Grygera are proving to be nothing more than a stopgap. Molinaro has no cover except for pulling Chiellini back to LB... all other options are quite inadequate. This summer, I think both sides need to be addressed as well as a LWM and potentially a central midfielder that is capable of playing in a Ranieri system to replace Zanetti long-term.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
STAGIONE 1998-1999
CAMPAGNA TRASFERIMENTI

Blanchard (Metz), Esnaider (Espanyol Barcellona), Henry (Monaco), Marchio (vivaio), Mirkovic (Atalanta), Paci (Ancona), Perrotta (Reggina), Tudor (Hajduk Spalato)

:sick: That on wins the oscar. All of them flopped. BEAKING NEWS: Moggi was not the such a genious after all.

@ Turk: At least we made a profit by selling him to Arsenal for 20m that's a lot bettr than wasting 40m.
Yeah but what are we? an investment company speculating on players or a football club??

The Bad Buys:

Molinaro: He wasn't, isn't and won't ever be Juve material.

The OK Buys:

Grygera: Solid but nothing special squad player at best.

Nocerino: An enhanced version of Blasi... he might become better with time but not quite yet.
Disagree with those. Molinaro is an ok buy IMO. Sure it would have been better to have Balzaretti, but Molinaro is doing an ok job.

Grygera: I always said that this guy is not good enough for us, and I still think he's a bad buy. We should've either bought a good RB to take over from Zebina, or a young one for the future. Now we have two average RB...

Nocerino is a good buy. A 22 year old DMC of his quality is not common. Well, sure he's not a Pirlo or a Fabregas you might all dream of, but he's effective, he has a lot of passion, he works,... He'll get there.

What do you say? please discuss.
it's

What you say
Please Discuss
:hug:

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Mercato obviously so-so looking at what those players achieved so far. The team is doing better than expected though so I'm not complaining.

OP
DelpieroForLife
Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #28
    Yeah but what are we? an investment company speculating on players or a football club??

Disagree with those. Molinaro is an ok buy IMO. Sure it would have been better to have Balzaretti, but Molinaro is doing an ok job.

Grygera: I always said that this guy is not good enough for us, and I still think he's a bad buy. We should've either bought a good RB to take over from Zebina, or a young one for the future. Now we have two average RB...

Nocerino is a good buy. A 22 year old DMC of his quality is not common. Well, sure he's not a Pirlo or a Fabregas you might all dream of, but he's effective, he has a lot of passion, he works,... He'll get there.

it's

What you say
    Please Discuss
    :hug:
    We are not an invesment company but we are not a charity society either... making a profit of selling a player even if he was a flop is much better than giving somone like Boum Boum such a ridiculous salary or wasting 22m on Almiron and Tiago.

As for the other part that's your opinion and I respect it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    People love calling players flops even when they've only seen them play once. Almiron has a terrible match, starting for the first time in months, yet he's a flop. Tiago doesn't play regulary but when he did he was very good, yet he's still considered a flop because our Holy manager doesn't play him. Everybody is a flop.

It's no wonder why we lose players such as Henry and nobody wants to play for us. We're a bunch of spoiled, wreckless and impatient bitches.

:sick: That on wins the oscar. All of them flopped. BEAKING NEWS: Moggi was not the such a genious after all.
    Tudor was not a flop.

And I have to disagree with you on Molinaro. He has really looked terrible and out of place on this team. In all honesty, he is the weakest link in our starting 11.

Kosta

The Eccentric
    Jul 16, 2006
    Extension of the contracts of Buffon, Del Piero, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Nedved , Chiellini and even Legrotallie. It can't be a bad mercato.

Sarah

s-doLLa
    Sep 26, 2007
    Criscito was not that bad of a buy. I agree he is not Juve material yet but, it is better we bought his other half from Genoa now because he is an excellent investment.He really needs an experienced defender to work with which we don't have in our backline unfortunately. So we need to put him out on loan and get him playing time which is what he really needs. I think once he gets some loan time out, he is going to be a great.

Tiago was expensive yes but he hasn't really been able to prove his worth. I can't make enough judgment on him to call him a flat out flop because he really hasn't been. We're stupid if we get rid of him come January because he is the creativity we really need in our midfield.

Nocerino is not a glorified version of Blasi. He is far from it. He is getting better and better as time goes by. Yes he has his bad games and has areas of improvement but what young player doesn't. He is young so he is going to have problems with consistency. Just wait and see.

Andrade was a good buy even if he got injured early on. The guy is skilled and yes injury prone. You can never really tell with an injury prone player. He played well and hopefully we can get him back sooner rather than later. So I can't call him a bad buy. Not our best I will say.

Molinaro is another one of our bad buys. I know he is a young talent but I don't see his potential as a Juve player. He is fine for now but if we could get a replacement for him that would be ideal. I don't really see him as a Juve player.

Almiron is the only one I am not all about. I think the guy could care less about Juventus and his performance at the Empoli game was horrible and all the other times he was subbed on in past games I have not seen anything worth talking about. We need to get rid of him. He is not Juve material.

Iaquinta is by far was our best buy. I am glad we purchased him. I was behind it the whole time and I am happy to seem him fitting into Juve so well. He works hard to make up for the skill he lacks. He is one of the stand out stars of Juve this season and hopefully more to come.

We are making investments for a team for the future. This season all we should really JUST hope for is a CL position. If we win the Scudetto that is just an added plus. I can see why people always hate on Juve fans; it is because we don't have the patience to see players develop. Most are so quick to judge our players without even giving them a chance. We are not the Juventus before Serie B. Remember that. We don't have the same money and we did the best we could in our situation. We are investing in players and we will get it back.

Oh and I did vote yes because I really believe we could have done better this time around especially for our return to Serie A. Hopefully we can make up for it.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Andrade will never be the same player again. Once you injure yourself you never play the same way. Every time an attacker comes his way he'll think twice about throwing himself on the ground he won't take the same "risks" anymore.

I'm afraid we've wasted our money.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Well considering we have the worst managers in recent Juve history,
    its perfectly normal...
    The task to build a new team is very difficult and dont forget we have a limited budget.
    Even with experienced managers on board we couldnt avoid the risks, but the current noobs running the show are totally clueless, we had little cash and we didnt spend the wisely,i said that in January, the more the season goes on, the more ppl see the situation and agree with me.
    Bojinov release doubled the effect of Mutu's swap deal, it should also considered this season's mistake and now there was no calciopoli excuses for noob mister Secco...
    We bought over hyped, over rated unproven, young material and just hoped they will make a strong team some time in the future...

And Iaquinta still is a crap move, because he wasnt a priority as it was proved, we really lacked a defender more than an extra forward, Palla was tested while Criscito wasnt and we dont use the trident that much...
    If we had a CB with Iaquinta's value, we would be stronger and would have lost much less points...

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Iaquinta has been instrumental so the success of the team this season so he is far from a crap move.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    @ Fred: I have stated several time (last one in the 1st post of this thread) that I regreted critisizing Iaquinta:gsol: incase you are pointing a finger at me.

@ Turk: At least we made a profit by selling him to Arsenal for 20m that's a lot bettr than wasting 40m.

@ Mods: I can't quote anybody for some reason, anyone can help?
    i'm not pointing my finger at anybody..i actually cant remember who i was arguing with.:D.but i remember them arguing that Gilardino was a better striker..then i made a bet with them that if Iaquinta scores less than 12 Serie A goals this season..they can control my avatar for a week.:crazy:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    STAGIONE 2000-2001
    CAMPAGNA TRASFERIMENTI

Acquisti (7)
    Athirson (Flamengo), Brighi (Rimini), Carini (Danubio Montevideo), O'Neill (Cagliari), Paramatti (Bologna), Trezeguet (Monaco), Zanchi (Udinese)

STAGIONE 1998-1999
    CAMPAGNA TRASFERIMENTI

Blanchard (Metz), Esnaider (Espanyol Barcellona), Henry (Monaco), Marchio (vivaio), Mirkovic (Atalanta), Paci (Ancona), Perrotta (Reggina), Tudor (Hajduk Spalato)

haha oh man i hated Paramatti, that guy was so bad! and the signing of O'neill just makes me think about Almiron!

I remember half the forum were against the Iaquinta move..while i was defending him..i think i have the right to tell those particular people who know themselves......

I Freakin Told You SO!!

haha i was one of the guys who said Iaquinta would be a good signing! so i will join in with your i told you so!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)