Wales vs Italy (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
DP-Maccarone what a wikid strike force :cool:

and look they have a great keeper too....shame about the rest, especially that midfield.completely devoid of any creativity or dare I say it..ability!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Thats about all I will be looking forward to.

Thank goodness I'm playing a match so I won't have to watch this embarassment

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Under fire Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni has been backed by his players and the Italian Football Association.

There are some calls in Italy for the Coach to be replaced after the disastrous World Cup and the problems encountered in their first two European qualifiers since the Korea defeat.

But star man Alex Del Piero maintains that he and his teammates believe in the Trap project, despite Saturday’s poor performance in the 1-1 draw with Yugoslavia.

"There is no one here against Trapattoni," said the Juventus ace. "We all have an excellent relationship with the boss, even after the World Cup where things have since been ironed out.

"We, the players, don’t believe that Wednesday’s game against Wales will be decisive for Trap’s future on the bench."

=================================

I think Alex is only being diplomatic :D ...

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Chelsea star Gianfranco Zola believes that Wales have a chance of beating Italy on Wednesday.

The two teams meet at the Millennium Stadium later this week as both sides continue their European Championship qualifying campaign.

"It will be a tough game for the Azzurri," said the Italian. "Giovanni Trapattoni’s side may be superior to Wales, but Italy are not in a good psychological moment and they will face a hostile environment."

Italy are in a particularly poor period of form, while the Welsh have been in great shape in the last 12 month and started their campaign off with a 2-0 win in Finland.

"This game could go either way," continued the former Napoli and Parma star. "Therefore I won’t try to predict the score."

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i think it's Normal to back the Coach at this point. and specially an influential figure like Del Piero. His words can calm a lot of people since he has many fans. But i dont think that he really like Trap at this point in time.
imagine if Del Piero said he didnt like Trap, many players will follow him and it will lead to instability.

the italian team is a sinking ship anyway whether or not DP states that he hates Trap's tactics. so all DP is doing is a making the Ship go down with the least personal attacks and chaos possible. If the Wales game doesn't go well, Trap is 99% as good as gone.

+ how do u think Italy will play against wales calmly if their players and coach aren't on the same page of agreement.

I personally hope Italy LOSE 3-0 against wales so Trap can get kicked out as soon as possible. A lose now with Trap getting sakced is better for the long run.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
No need a heart attack should do the trick if we lose vs Wales! Im just kidding but he needs to go and Lippi should take Italia to Euro 2004:cool: Im also looking forward to a the lively duo of Alex and Macca! downpoint is that everyone behind them is dead:(

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Trap is not sensible at all, with all the negativity he has been suffering and the rubbish , his sides have been playing, and with all their injury probs upfront, he could just have eased pressure of himself by recalling a national treasure and even if it does not improve play on the field, it will at least deflect concentration from him and brighten the mood of a nation

I am talking about of cos ROBERTO BAGGIO

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
Don't get too exitred about seeing DP-Maccarone just yet guys, I read on Rai text that Trap will start with DP-Montella.

Also, those of you (me included) who live in the UK can see this game if you have Sky Digital, on BBC 2 Wales, channel 961. I don't believe Rai are showing this game for some reason.:groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)