Vincenzo Iaquinta (9 Viewers)

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Tim Trophy: Iaquinta Leads Juve Past Inter
A goal by Vincenzo Iaquinta allowed Juve to beat Inter in the second match of the Tim Trophy.In the second game of the Tim Trophy, Inter faced hosts Juventus who had just lost on penalties to Milan after a 2-2 draw.

In the 7th minute, they suffered another blow to their defensive department as Marco Materazzi was forced to withdraw due to an injury. The Nerazzurri already have Ivan Cordoba, Walter Samuel, and Christian Chivu unavailable due to injury for the center of the defence. Jose Mourinho replaced him with Dejan Stankovic, who was predictably ‘welcomed’ on the pitch by boos and whistles from the Juventus fans.

The first chance came in the 10th minute, when Cristian Molinaro crossed the ball in from the left and found Del Piero, whose shot was deflected out for a corner by Maxwell.

Around the 20th minute, Amauri also had a physical problem and was replaced by coach Claudio Ranieri with Vincenzo Iaquinta in order to avoid any risks.
In the 26th minute, Iaquinta gave Juve the lead with a cool finish after beating the offside trap on a long pass from the midfield.

Around the half hour mark, Maicon sent in a precise cross that nearly found Adriano, but Buffon came out well and punched the ball away (33’).

In the 39th minute, substitute Hernan Crespo was in a good position to score on a first-time pass by Amantino Mancini (one of the better performing Inter players in this game along with Adriano) from inside the area, but his header went well wide of the goal.

Three minutes later, Adriano came desperately close to scoring an equaliser but his header from point blank range was tipped over the bar by Gigi Buffon.

In injury time Juve came agonizingly close with a great free kick by Alex Del Piero which hit both posts before Julio Cesar grabbed hold of it. The game's most impressive player was Juve's 17-year-old starlet Fausto Rossi, who gave Maicon a torrid time down the left, and looks like a real prospect for the future.

The Bianconeri ended up winning the match deservedly as they looked in better shape than Inter, who still have to work on their team play. The Nerazzurri will now face Milan in the last game but they cannot win the tournament anymore.

These were the starting formations of the two teams:

INTER: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Burdisso, Materazzi, Maxwell; Zanetti, Vieira, Cambiasso; Balotelli, Adriano, Mancini.

JUVENTUS: Buffon; Zebina, Knezevic, Legrottaglie, Molinaro; Camoranesi, Sissoko, Ekdal, Rossi; Amauri, Del Piero.

Danilo Pochini

>>from : goal.com

Jun 13, 2007
I think we will be seeing a lot more of Iaquinta this year. He was impressive whenever given the chance and he is always a threat despite not being as tecnhically gifted as Amauri or Del piero.

We have a pretty solid strikeforce this season and I think playing the 4-3-3 would be perfect given our strengths and weaknesses. Even Ranieri would consider playing with that formation.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Iaquinta: We’re A Match For Anyone
Vincenzo Iaquinta insists that Juventus are a match for anyone this season, and he is looking forward to next month’s Champions League preliminaries. The Bianconeri have been in fine form in pre-season, and last night put in a couple of sound 45 minute displays in the Trofeo Tim, drawing 2-2 with Milan (before losing on penalties), before beating Serie A champions Inter 1-0.

Iaquinta scored the winner against the Nerazzurri, continuing his own personal hot streak after he had also scored three goals in the recent friendly wins against Borussia Dortmund and Brondby.

“I feel very good, fortunately my injuries are in the past now and I hope I can get to the preliminaries 100% fit,” said Iaquinta, who missed periods of last season due to recurring physical problems.

“We are all doing very well up front, we're still in the preparation phase, but all four of us will be on good form when it counts.

“In the Trofeo TIM we had more confirmation that we can challenge any team.”

Iaquinta signed for Juve from Udinese last summer, and although his first season was a promising one, he made only nine Serie A starts due to a combination of injuries, and the fine form of David Trezeguet and Alex Del Piero.

Gianni Wilson

>> from : Goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)