Vincenzo Iaquinta (5 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Iaquinta sees golden Gigi
Thursday 29 November, 2007

Vincenzo Iaquinta can’t wait for Juventus’ San Siro crunch match against Milan this Saturday and believes that Gigi Buffon could be the key man.

The Bianconeri have made a fairytale return to Serie A and are sitting in second place after thumping Palermo 5-0 last weekend.

This weekend sees battle lines redrawn with Milan – a side desperately in need of a win – but Iaquinta is confident that Juve will prevail.

“We are expecting a great game, but we are relaxed,” the ex-Udinese man told Tuttosport.

“We have shown so far this campaign that we are the equal of any side in Serie A and we are going to Milan with confidence.

“It will be a tough game as they are a strong side, but we know that we can do it.

“For me, this game has the same importance as a Champions League semi-final and to play such a game at a stadium like the San Siro will be a moving experience.”

When asked whether he fears playing against European Player of the Year elect Kaka, Iaquinta stressed the importance of the Old Lady’s custodian.

“Kaka deserves the Ballon d’Or and he is a champion, but Buffon is literally out of this world,” he claimed.

“I would have given it to him as he always makes the difference.”

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Iaquinta Fired Up For Milan

Vincenzo Iaquinta can’t wait for this Saturday’s big Serie A match against Milan and believes that Juventus can come away with all three points.

The two sides meet at San Siro for the first time in two seasons, with Juventus surprisingly eight points ahead of Milan with just over three months of the season gone.

“We are expecting a great game, but we are relaxed,” Iaquinta told Tuttosport.

“We have shown so far this campaign that we are the equal of any side in Serie A and we are going to Milan with confidence.

“It will be a tough game as they are a strong side, but we know that we can do it.

“For me, this game has the same importance as a Champions League semi-final and to play such a game at a stadium like San Siro will be a moving experience.”

Iaquinta also offered his views on who should win this year’s Golden Ball. Milan superstar Kaka is virtually guaranteed of picking up the prize in Paris this Sunday, and although Iaquinta agrees that the Brazilian deserves to win, he has also thrown another familiar name into the mix.

“Kaka deserves the Ballon d’Or and he is a champion, but Buffon is literally out of this world,” the ex-Udinese man claimed.

“I would have given it to him as he always makes the difference.”

goal.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I can't believe how this jersey changes players, I used to hate Iaquinta before..

Forza Vincenzo!

May 22, 2007
Iaquinta, “Intervista esclusiva” su Juventus Channel
30 novembre 2007

Trezeguet? “Un finalizzatore spietato”. Del Piero? “Un giocatore di classe purissima”. Palladino “Un fenomeno del dribbling”. Parole di Vincenzo Iaquinta. Il bomber è il protagonista dell’Intervista esclusiva di Juventus Channel, in onda questa sera alle 18.00, e non solo parla dei suoi compagni di reparto, ma si racconta a trecentosessanta gradi.

Il suo arrivo alla Juventus: “Dopo il trionfo di Berlino – racconta Vincenzo – ho fatto un altro anno all’Udinese, ma non credevo che una grande squadra mi avrebbe cercato. Poi, il mio agente mi ha informato della trattativa in corso con la Juventus e quando sono arrivato a Torino è stato incredibile”.

Il suo approccio con il bianconero: “Ho mantenuto l’umiltà che mi ha sempre contraddistinto durante tutta la carriera e credo che questo mi abbia aiutato. Per ora ho una media gol importante, non mi era mai capitato di averla così alta. Ora non mi resta che continuare a dare il massimo per riuscire a mantenerla”.

I sogni: “Arrivare alla Juventus, in una squadra così prestigiosa e importante è stato davvero l’avverarsi di un sogno, ma sono ancora tanti quelli da inseguire. Il primo che voglio realizzare con la Juventus? Vincere lo scudetto, naturalmente”.

Bolded parts (in my words): He first talks about how after the triumph of Berlin in 2006, he went back to Udinese never thinking that a big club would ever come after him. Then, in the summer his agent tells him about the offer submitted by Juventus, he arrived in Torino and it was a great time of his career.

He then says he has always maintained humility and this has helped his career decisions, and got him to where he is today. He wants to perform to his best and give the best he has got.

He finally speaks about what he wants at Juve. He says that to arrive in Juventus has indeed become a dream come true, and he is finally becoming what he wanted to become, but there are still many more dreams to come. The first one he wants at Juve? To win the Scudetto, naturally.

I did my best in the translation. This guy is really talking from the heart, and playing brilliantly as well. He has found his haters and reversed their opinions. Forza Vincenzo! :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)