Vincenzo Iaquinta (125 Viewers)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
His strong physique, has a good sense of positioning and great aerial ability.

All add up to a possible 20 goal/season striker. :agree:
Amauri is not a 20 goal a season striker - you know why? Because he has never scored 20 goals in a single season in his entire career even when you include all comps he was involved in each season.

His most was 15 in 2007/2008

Potential means nothing if it's never achieved

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Amauri is not a 20 goal a season striker - you know why? Because he has never scored 20 goals in a single season in his entire career even when you include all comps he was involved in each season.

His most was 15 in 2007/2008

Potential means nothing if it's never achieved
I know.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Well how many games has he played this season?
Enough. Can't remember exactly the number. I don't say that he is useless. But he just can't score.

icεmαή;2793107 said:
Wait, when has he actually used these characteristics?

I hope not many more. Gone in January.
To be totally fair, during the first half of 2008-2009 season he used them a lot. But then he just stopped. Without a reason. Anyway, I don't see him leaving us in January. Probably during the summer transfer period...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Amauri is better technically but that only means so much, he has fear every time he gets around the area and zero confidence. Iaquinta on the other hand is an old school Italian striker who has played at the lower levels and he is always fighting to prove himself, he isn't scared of anything and doesn't lose that directness his game has always had.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I still think if he had the same amount of game time as Iaquinta this season he could score as much if not more.
There's nothing to prove that though. Amauri had a long, long run last season as other strikers were injured and still couldn't do anything. Iaquinta, even though far from being a good striker, still manages to score goals here and there. Amauri might find form else where, but he has done nothing in the past year and half to suggest that he'll succeed at Juve. You should also consider that Amauri was brought in as a close to first choice player. Iaquinta is just a sub. And as a third/fourth choice striker I'd prefer Iaquinta over Amauri any day.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Yeah, twice he was completely onside, in fact, with a Lazio player physically holding him onside, and yet called the opposite. Ridiculous calls. Speaking of which... Those two corners the linesman "didn't see", or that throw in he didn't give us (giving the Lazio player a foul...somehow, despite falling down on his own) also irritated me. The ref really showed his true colours with that bullshit (going so far as to match their kit in the first half, too)!

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
:agree:

Even the 1st ref wasn't exactly refereeing his best game this season. Many errors but certainly his assistants out shined him, especially in the 2nd half.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
I think the ref was confused in the 1st half when he was wearing the Lazio uniform. In the 2nd half he was forced to switch the shirt and he realized he's actually not supposed to favor any team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 125)