Vincenzo Iaquinta (45 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He's a good striker to have on the bench. He's loyal, won't complain, he can run a lot and he can score. Overall a good striker and a good choice as a 3rd striker.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Iaquinta played really bad in the last 30-45 days. This bad period was preceded by a long (4-5 months) injury.
But if you take the time from August 2007 till today, then it's more than positive. Actually, if you don't count the last 30-45 days, you guys will realize (if you're not biased) that he's been one of Juve's best 3-4 players in the last 3 seasons.

He is one of the last I'd get rid of.

Sep 1, 2002
Iaquinta played really bad in the last 30-45 days. This bad period was preceded by a long (4-5 months) injury.
But if you take the time from August 2007 till today, then it's more than positive. Actually, if you don't count the last 30-45 days, you guys will realize (if you're not biased) that he's been one of Juve's best 3-4 players in the last 3 seasons.

You may well be right, and that is what is so worrying.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You may well be right, and that is what is so worrying.
Indeed.

Still, getting rid of him makes no sense at all. He won't complain if he's the 3rd or 4th choice striker, he's not on a very high wage and he's doing a great job for a 3rd/4th choice striker.
If we can get very good amount of money for him, then yes, but at 31 he won't bring us good cash and I doubt that we can find a better 3rd/4th choice attacker than him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Then I see no reason why you keep on defending Amauri while doing the inverse with Iaquinta. Unfair.
I don't defend Amauri per se as I admit all the time he isn't good enough, but I just hit out against the lack of understanding of our tactics/gameplay, what sort of player he is, and how he is constantly jumped on regardless of whether he plays or not.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
He's a good striker to have on the bench. He's loyal, won't complain, he can run a lot and he can score. Overall a good striker and a good choice as a 3rd striker.

Well said :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)