Vincenzo Fiorillo (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Juve To Replace Buffon With ‘New Buffon’?

According to Tuttosport, Juventus are lining up young Sampdoria goalkeeper Vincenzo Fiorillo, known as the 'new Buffon', as the long-term heir to Gianluigi Buffon himself.

The 18-year-old Fiorillo is regarded by many as the most promising young goalkeeper that Italy have produced since Gianluigi Buffon, and his style has led to him acquiring the label as the ‘new Buffon’.

Fiorillo, who made his Serie A debut for Sampdoria at the age of just 17, is currently earning rave reviews for the Italy Under-19 side in the European Championships in the Czech Republic, where his fine displays have helped lead Italy into the semi finals.

These performances have not passed unnoticed, and Tuttosport claims that Juventus have sent scouts to the Euros to watch Fiorillo and his Sampdoria team-mate Andrea Poli, who has also impressed during the tournament.

Both Fiorillo and Poli were part of the talented Sampdoria youth side who won the Primavera Cup last season, the first in the club’s history.

Fiorillo was particularly a protagonist in the final win against Atalanta, saving two penalties in the victorious shootout.

Gianni Wilson, Goal.com

Would be great to get this talent. I've seen him play in the U-19 EC, and he looks great, also his style resembles Buffon's :D both in skill and hair :lol2:

Buy on AliExpress.com

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
He's the real deal apparently. We can't let him go to another club. Buy him NOW and loan him out.
agree. why not just buy him (maybe along with poli, both at samp) and let them where they are on loan. They can keep developing and we can look forward on a possible buffon-replacement. I'm sure we could get them both for under 1 million if we let them there on loan.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
I think that it is too early to search for Gigi Replacement. He will be our No.1 for 5 years to come!
he'll be no 1 for the next 7 or even more years. But fiorillo is 18 if i'm not wrong. by that time he'll be 25, which is quite young for a GK. we DO need to look for a replacement NOW, if we don't intend to spend some 20 millions and get a proven GK. Look at milan and you see how difficult it is to get a decent goalie. They're rare. Better get all the young ones and sell those who are not needed afterwards :)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

No way, this isn't happening. Buffon still has a good 4,5 years in him. We can't keep on loaning him that long.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well I now understand how our team will be in 10 years time

New Buffon: New Ferrara, New Cannavaro, New Montero, New Pessotto: New Di Livio, New Davids, New Nedved: New Zidane: New DP, New Boksic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)