Vieri Out For Season? (1 Viewer)

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
Well, I suppose we shouldn't gloat at other people's misfortunes. But you can't deny that it's good news for Juve.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christian Vieri limped off during tonight’s Champions’ League trip to Valencia with a possible knee ligament injury.

The hitman had opened the scoring with the goal that proved decisive in reaching the semi-finals, but then limped off clutching his right leg.

The official Inter website suggests that it could be a strain of the right collateral ligament as well as a sprained knee.

Although more tests will be needed, if the diagnosis is confirmed then it’s unlikely we’ll see Vieri on the field again this season.

Vieri netted the away goal in tonight’s 2-1 defeat at Valencia, so Inter qualify for the final four 2-2 on aggregate.

In any case, the striker will definitely miss this weekend’s Serie A match with Lazio due to a one-match ban.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calcio Italia @ http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy on AliExpress.com

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
im delighted about this...he was on crutches and wasnt looking very happy..he'll most likely miss the rest of the season by the looks of things....and since Inter rely on vieri so much, i think they'll now struggle vs lazio w/o him...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Vieri would have missed the Lazio match anyway (through suspension), but yeah his injury is good news for Juve, and maybe puts at rest our minds on the league, so we can give it all in the next 2 CL games.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
This should have defintly weaken Inters' CL and Serie A Hopes.

Seems like another trophyless year for Inter ;) :LOL:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++
This should have defintly weaken Inters' CL and Serie A Hopes.

Seems like another trophyless year for Inter ;) :LOL:
That would be the same with or without Vieri...

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
i think inter can survive without vieri.....but it's a difficult task....recoba has an important role right now...

may be del piero can catch vieri as a top scorer.....13 goal in 5 matches....:D.....let's do it alex!!!:cool:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

That would be the same with or without Vieri...
So true :D

i think inter can survive without vieri.....but it's a difficult task....recoba has an important role right now...
That's the whole point, Recoba always flops when the time for him to shine comes ;)

may be del piero can catch vieri as a top scorer.....13 goal in 5 matches.........let's do it alex!!!
You mean they`re gonna give us 13 penalties? :D

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by my_hitzJUVE ] ++

may be del piero can catch vieri as a top scorer.....13 goal in 5 matches....:D.....let's do it alex!!!:cool:
Yeah, this is a good idea. Good for every fan too!

Alex, please start the show!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)