Vieira to MAN UTD!!! (1 Viewer)

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoId=62209

31/05/2006 21:00

Fergie Set For Shock Vieira Swoop?

Manchester United are preparing a shock swoop for former Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira, according to reports.

The French international midfielder only left Highbury 12 months ago, so a move to his former arch-rivals would come as a massive surprise.

However, he could leave Serie A title winners Juventus as a result of the crisis affecting the Turin based outfit.

Vieira would be seen as the ideal replacement to Roy Keane in the centre of United's midfield, but they should expect to face stiff competition for his signature.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Sianconero

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    I think we'll have nothing for the next season. A foolish squad+DP+Canna+Marchionni+Zanetti will remain

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    yeh i agree, but i guess if we stay in serie A and the true juventini's stay and the money hungry players leave i will see us as better off in the way that the players will play for the club they love, but on the negative side, we will be shite for a long time.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    if vieira left and was replaced by a quality attacking midfielder or playmaker for that matter, i wouldnt be crying. Emerson can hold his own, we need creativity in this midfield.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
    Adrian said:
    if vieira left and was replaced by a quality attacking midfielder or playmaker for that matter, i wouldnt be crying. Emerson can hold his own, we need creativity in this midfield.
    Viera was not very good this season. If we sell him and get a good offensive midfielder for the money it would be okay for me.

Jul 28, 2002
    vieira played well imho, not outstanding, but well enough for us to win lo schudetto.

Sell by all means if it means we got a more attacking option, but he wasnt a failure.

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
    seems speculative to me... vieira never had the best relationship wit man u and i doubt he will be low enough to go join one of arsenal's biggest rivals. let's wait and see..

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    del pietro said:
    seems speculative to me... vieira never had the best relationship wit man u and i doubt he will be low enough to go join one of arsenal's biggest rivals. let's wait and see..
    I think that he mostly despised Keane, though he picked on Neville once or twice too. I wouldn't put it past him.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    even with RVN on the way out, utd fans hate vieira. not to mention any legendary status he has at arsenal would prolly go down the drain if he signed with man u.

however, he is an ideal replacement. they need a DM, and vieira has proven his worth in the prem. certainly would be cheaper than diarra, who is constantly being linked with man u.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    I would say this means Juve are not pleased with him (ie, it has nothing to do with relegation*)

*which is not going to happen

As Jack said, bye Vieira :)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Shyne said:
    even with RVN on the way out, utd fans hate vieiria. not to mention any legendary status he has at arsenal would prolly go down the drain if he signed with man u.

however, he is an ideal replacement. they need a DM, and vieria has proven his worth in the prem. certainly would be cheaper than diarra, who is constantly being linked with a move away from lyon.
    Our slave is not going anywhere :ferocious

Poor old fool is tied down to a 5 year deal with 4 years remaining and no "get out-clause" :agree:

del bra

May 27, 2006
    i say let him go to wherever he wants to go. and put zanetti or marchionni in his place. but i dont think hes going coz of the contract. very disappointing.

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
    May 1, 2006
    He had nothing more than an average season.Not good as he was bought for.
    And he is almost 30.
    If he wants to go ,show him the door.He cost us too much.He is not worth a half of the money we bought him.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Half of them will probably leave anyway, as next season is bound to be a gap year to rebuild the club. Plus we need money as we've lost a lot on the stock market and potential new sponsors are unlikely to appear.

One of Vieira and Emerson is probably the first out the door, as they are very similar, both 30 and worth a lot of money.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    the problem is that vieira is a star player regardless of whether we need him or not. Playing under Capello has really limited him and many others.

Is it the case of letting our stars go, or just letting Capello go?

this is what worries me most about losing vieira, emerson, zlatan etc...they will join other teams and show just how great they can play when allowed to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)