he did wellwiv chelsea, but nothing wiv watford

Imo he shud try wiv a normal serie a outfit first

OP
mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    I have the same feeling...
    I think he need some more experience... maybe in a serie B team or in a small serie A one. Usually the ex players, also when very famos, when become coaches start with small teams, Mancini is an exception and repeating his quick succes will be very difficolt.

Rumors want him as Lippi succersor... the idea is suggestive but IMO not soon...

How is his "coach image" in England btw?
    Cause in Italy they talk about his English coaching experience like a positive one... but actually he was fired by both the teams he trained and (if I'm not wrong) he had some problems with players, like 4 examle Zola, in Chelsea...

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    he is average ,, no tactics ,, he only picks the formation and let the players play by their own ,, and he keeps changing in his formation and players every game !!!

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    he had two spells in the EPL
    one was very good and the other was Bad!!!!

with chelsea he had an OK team and managed to secure a place in the quarter finals!!! he had a very decent campaign!!!

he won the FA cup and the European Cup winners cup!!!

i think he had a very decent campaign!!!

and Yes i think he is capable of leading a top seria A team! but sitll not the NT!

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
    he is average ,, no tactics ,, he only picks the formation and let the players play by their own ,, and he keeps changing in his formation and players every game !!!
    with what he won i would disagree with u!!!!

couches with no tactics are not coaches!
    and at his spell at chelsea he did not have the sort of players who would play on their own!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    So far, i think Trap is finallly begining to make a real competative team. i hope this form lasts enough to be called consistent. as much as i want him out, i know that the only way he'll leave is if Italy dont reach Euro 2004, and that's not something i'll accept.

Anyway, Vialli would be a good choice, but i feel that he is lacking in experience (i know Trap has tones of it and still sucks, but i'm sure it's still important)

but for the NT, i think the best two choices would be Luigi Del Neri or Sense Cosmi.

they have an attacking style and they're making relatively great results with the line-ups that they have.
    imagine what one of these 2 coaches could do to a team with the likes of DP, Totti, Canna, and Vieri! :eek:

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    as much as i like both coaches u were talking about!!!!

but instead of gambling on them and giving them the NT i would first rather they do record some kind of success with top italian teams!!!!

i think the best for the NT would probably be Capello or Lippi at the moment!!!

Del niri and Cosmi are doing very well!! but i sense they should show what they can do with top notch italian clubs!!!! then if they prevail the NT would be waiting for them!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Lippi and Cappello are great coaches, no doubt, but the National team needs a revolution in terms of tactics and mentality.
    besides, i would want lippi to stay with Juve :D

Cosmi and Del Neri's styles are closer to "the global game."

italy needs to catch up, but that's a whole other story.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i wou;dn't mind a dutch coach at all...though i doubt the italian public would like it :D

Hiddink :thumb:
    if not dutch, than i'd probibly go for Wenger

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    i don't mind
    Vialli, Cosmi, Del Niri or a dutch coach to take over juventus

all of these coaches can definitly bring something different to juventus!!!!

but my favorite would be Del Niri

i would love to see juventus play the same style Chievo play!!! attacking attractive FOOTBALL!:D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by KeNgO ] ++
    i don't mind
    Vialli, Cosmi, Del Niri or a dutch coach to take over juventus

all of these coaches can definitly bring something different to juventus!!!!

but my favorite would be Del Niri

i would love to see juventus play the same style Chievo play!!! attacking attractive FOOTBALL!:D
    We're talking about Italia here not Juve ;)

But for juve, i think Lippi is the best available.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

We're talking about Italia here not Juve ;)

But for juve, i think Lippi is the best available.
    :D:D:D:D:D

i just took into account that Lippi took charge of the NT and was thinking about his replacement!

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)