Veron joins Inter on loan (1 Viewer)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Chelsea midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron is to join Inter Milan on a year-long loan deal.
The Blues have agreed that the former Sampdoria, Parma and Lazio star will return to Italy from 1 July.

Veron, 29, moved to Stamford Bridge for £15m from Manchester United in the summer but has had a frustrating time, playing just 14 games.

The Argentine international missed much of last season with a back injury but failed to hold down a regular spot.

Chelsea spokeswoman Helen Wood told BBC Five Live: "It's consistent with the policy of new manager Jose Mourinho.

"He wants to streamline the squad and work with a smaller number of players next season. He means business.

"It's a mutually beneficial deal that Chelsea and the player are very happy with."

Former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri hailed Veron as the best midfielder in the world after completing his signing in August 2004.

But despite scoring on his debut in the 2-1 opening-day win over Liverpool, Veron failed to hold down a place in central midfield following the capture of Claude Makelele.

Veron was forced out to the flank and soon fell out of favour with the Chelsea fans after a series of indifferent Premiership displays.

And although he gave some impressive performances during the early Champions League games - notably home and away against Lazio - his missed five months of the season with a back injury sustained in November.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    I just read on the other thread that Inter would be paying his wages.
    Is this true?
    Normally, the team who still own the player pays the bulk of the wage bill, for example Morientes at Monaco.
    Real still paid something like 75% of his salary/wages and Monaco only picked up the rest.
    Good business for Inter then...if he can return to his previous form in Serie A

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    Is this true?
    Normally, the team who still own the player pays the bulk of the wage bill, for example Morientes at Monaco.
    Real still paid something like 75% of his salary/wages and Monaco only picked up the rest.
    not really. the team where the player is loaned can pay full wages. depends on the agreement. monaco was smart enough to do that

Jul 28, 2002
    i think Veron will be back to his best, epl is onloy really for old experiecened players, or people are fast in the mind or physicaly, cos it is crash bang wallop football.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
    Is this true?
    as I have read, Veron has agreed to cut his salary in Chelsea so they
    would accept this LOAN. They were looking to sell him but I guess they know that Veron hasn't done anything so that they can claim they want 'x' mil for him.

So Inter has loaned him for the year, they won't pay anything for him
    and if they are happy then most likely they will be able to buy him before
    any other team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)