Velvet revolver (1 Viewer)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
I just found out, that such rock band exist :D

The squad is very interesting for GnR fans!

Slash
(ex-Gn'R)
Duff McKagan (ex-Gn'R)
Matt Sorum
(ex-Gn'R, ex-Cult)
Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots)
Dave Kushner (Navarro)

I dont know how they sound, but I'm going to check them out, the title of their first record is "Contraband".

Buy on AliExpress.com

River

Jun 15, 2004
This news is quite old. There first song was released quite awhile back called 'slither'.

Its a decent song, but i was dissapointed. The lead signer is a complete idiot. He isnt that great a signer and in the music video he just looks retarded dancing around topless like a fool.

Slash has also changed his hair a little. Its like snake tails, that sucks too.

Duff is cool though, he looked like a goof with GnR, now hes pretty sexy :D

And just to make you feel more dissapointed, they were considering having Sabastian Bach (Skid Row) as lead singer, but choose this other guy instead. What a shame.

Expect Chinese Democracy to blow this shit away.

OP
vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Duff is pretty sexy? I must see that :D

But did you listen to the whole record? First reviews were quite good, but I only went through a few of them briefly: I keep my eyes here and on TV: Portugal seems to have a better day.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    On second thoughts he looks like Bon Jovi :D But still better than the goofy jump trousers and confused look of Duffy GNR..

No i didnt hear the whole record. But the lead singer isnt good enough, i know i cant listen to such shit :D

Aug 1, 2003
    Vit, I've been bragging about them. Where have you been ? :D Scott is actually one of my fav lead singers though. I haven't heard the whole album either, their music is good enough for me to like it but they could've done better

Dharurat

Oct 16, 2002
    i thought scott fitted in quite well with the rest of the band..... at least for me he doesn't look out of place hanging out with ex-members of a glam rock band...

seriously though.... my impression of velvet revolver's music thus far is unimpressive......

Alex

May 1, 2004
    Can't believe slash was apart of contraband. Velvet will go no where- without dizzy and axl there's no good song writters.

Contraband is really S**t for any Gunners fans. Fell sorry for slash. STP singer really sucks and the rythm guitar guy is non existent.

Alex

May 1, 2004
    PS: this band will only make it on the reputation of Slash and to a lesser degree Duff Mackagan. I believe many people will buy it because they think its cool. Music wise it gives me the shits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)