Van Basten Likes The New Juve (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Van Basten Likes The New Juve
9/17/2004 12:23:00 PM
Capello’s former player and now living legend Marco Van Basten has praised ‘Don Fabio’s’ new Juventus.
“Juve have started with the right step, and have a great Nedved. They do seem a bit slow, but Capello will put things back into order,” he said.

Van Basten then commented on former Ajax, now Juve striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“Ibra shouldn’t be judged for how he played against against Ajax. It was a special night for him. He has great qualities, even though he doesn’t score a lot,” he said.

Van Basten also revealed the player that surprised him most on Wednesday.

“Oliveira has great personality, I was impressed.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
You know there's worldwide respect for a man when a thread about him draws no less than 6 :cool: smileys in the first 9 posts :touched:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++

He probably meens Birindelli. But he has a point there, we don't have many fast players. I think our fastest is Thuram actually.
Actually, Brinidelli is one of Juve's fastest players.

I think Marco was talking about our speed in building up play. If you noticed in the Ajaxk match, we were very slow getting the ball to the other side specially durring counter attacks. We play the ball wide and back too much.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Actually, Brinidelli is one of Juve's fastest players.

I think Marco was talking about our speed in building up play. If you noticed in the Ajaxk match, we were very slow getting the ball to the other side specially durring counter attacks. We play the ball wide and back too much.
we have zambo also one of the fastest , damn i still remmber the game Vs madrid , r.carlos just stayed couldn't follow him , that was great :)...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
ive always admired van basten. my personal vote for best striker ever.

good to see others are impressed by olivera also. lets hope capello does the right thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)