Us and them (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Over the years I have noticed that most of the people here refer to Juventus as "Us" or "We". Not as many speak of Juventus in third person.

So is it correct to say that Juventus is "Us" or is Juventus somebody else?

I consider Juventus as my team and I always talk about why I think we (Juventus) should buy players and never why they should buy players or something similar.

I have been a Juventus fan for almost 12 years now, I have watched too many games, I am discussing Juventus on the internet almost daily, I have cheered and I have cried. The one thing I haven't done is to actually play in a Juventus shirt on Delle Alpi. There is the big issue, do I have the right to say that I am Juventus although I haven't really contributed to the clubs performances on the pitch?

YES!

I have contributed in many ways, byu paying tv-licenses, buying merchandise so that they can buy new players and most importantly by making other people like Juventus.

After the commercializing of football the fans have become more and more important to make the club a genuine brand. The players do not have any sympathy for their clubs anymore. This is where the fans come in, we are the ones who keep the traditions and who make sure there is some culture left. The players come and go but the fans are unseparable from their clubs until death.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
well am used to say we or us ...
Because Juve Becam something , Part of me , Something Inside me , i talk about them more then anythin , so ofcoarse it's gonna b part of u , and without attension ur gonna say We or Us !

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
This is where the fans come in, we are the ones who keep the traditions and who make sure there is some culture left. The players come and go but the fans are unseparable from their clubs until death.
:touched: sooo true

btw, i refer juventus as us and we too :thumb:

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
    Don't your friends (those who do not know what being the fan of club is like) make fun of you everytime a 'us' slips outta your mouth? Cause mine sur do! :D
    That's why I started the thread. :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    When I speak in spanish I say stuff like

"La Juve compro a Zebina" referring to the club in third person

but when I speak in english I say stuff like

"We got Zebina" referring to the club in first person

I dont know why though...

Sep 28, 2002
    same here fabi. maybe cause no one would understand if i said us referring to juve. "we got zebina" my friends would be like "who's we and who's zebina"

thonse fucks arent into football.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I use we, even when talking to my non-Juve friends, because I'm the only Juve fan so they know who I'm talking about. Besides, it gives a great sense of 'ownership' and identification with Juve

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I always use "us" and "we" in all occasions... those friends of mine far from football do make jokes about that, but they ain't serious. I know that deep inside they are fascinated by a "club-fan relationship" me and lot of my friends have.

So it's all good. :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    i have a friend who says "us" and "we" about every single sporting team. When he's watching a sport match, when he decides on which team to go for, he starts referring to the team as "we" :LOL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)