Unluckiest git ever?? (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
Ok here come a sad story for me.

One day i owned a ps2, happily playing dvd's, PES3 etc. But one day, i lent the console to a friend, and after a party, he accidently drops a tv on the console. Fortunately enougth the console worked, however after a days, the laser gradually got weaker, making it harder to load and play games. After a week, my precious ps2 died.

So i thought i would treat myself, i bought a brand spanking new silver ps2.....now this lasted 2 months.

Yesterday, i decide i would watch peter Kay dvd while doing coursework. But to my horror it started jerking then stopped 5 minutes into the dvd...So i try other dvds and games...but to my horror the laser is once again about to die.......sony u disappoint me.

Now i was just wondering has anybody elses ps2 broke in a similar way???does anybody else suffer from such shit quality from sony??

And i would be gratefull for any solutions, im currently comtemplating a new laser for it, but then i would have to fit it, a fiddly job. Anyway views and opinions would be gratefull.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:eek: this would top the rant thread

You poor poor soul :down:

I dunno about the first PS2, but shouldn't you be able to get a refund on the second one if it just died for no reason? Unless of course you mod chipped it

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    nope did naff all to it, jus played dvd's and pes3...sony...im coming to get u!!!!:fero:

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    Ok here come a sad story for me.

One day i owned a ps2, happily playing dvd's, PES3 etc. But one day, i lent the console to a friend, and after a party, he accidently drops a tv on the console. Fortunately enougth the console worked, however after a days, the laser gradually got weaker, making it harder to load and play games. After a week, my precious ps2 died.

So i thought i would treat myself, i bought a brand spanking new silver ps2.....now this lasted 2 months.

Yesterday, i decide i would watch peter Kay dvd while doing coursework. But to my horror it started jerking then stopped 5 minutes into the dvd...So i try other dvds and games...but to my horror the laser is once again about to die.......sony u disappoint me.

Now i was just wondering has anybody elses ps2 broke in a similar way???does anybody else suffer from such shit quality from sony??

And i would be gratefull for any solutions, im currently comtemplating a new laser for it, but then i would have to fit it, a fiddly job. Anyway views and opinions would be gratefull.

i dont know if this helps, but my cousin has a Ps2 and he had similar problems with the lens, he used to clean it using alcohol but the reading of his Cds and Dvds remained weak, however, he found out finally that the problem is due to the lens transporter (the lens transporter is where the lens is placed), the transporter moves the lens back and forth frequently to read the CD, the problem was that the movement of the laser lens was being partially blocked, this was due to the absence of a certain oil that allows the lens to move easily without friction.

so i guess u have to check the motion of ur laser lens. I hope this helps ...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    The danger with that is that if u open it up to check, you might void your warranty and not be able to get a refund either :(

Aug 10, 2002
    The laser on mine must be weak too. It sometimes doesnt load the game it just makes an annoying clicking sound and the only way to get it workin is too hit it. Im disapointed with sony cos wen u spend so much on a console u expect it to work more than a year

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    yeah i bought my first one the moment it was launched and i had to get another one a year and a half ago when the laser just died on me halfway through a pes3 match....the thing just hanged and after i restarted it nothing worked...replacing the laser would've cost a bundle so i decided to buy a new one instead.

tough luck john,but i assure you you're definitely not the only one.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    i have had mine for 3 painful years, the bloody thing is bad quality it must be said. It seems the 'sell by date' changes for everyone. my friend got his replaced half a year ago, and i personally find putting the PS2 upside down is the only way to go now. Give it a go, u may be surprised!!

Ps. While im here, total club manager is dog turd. NEVER EVER BUY IT (at least for ps2) It is glitchy to the extreme, and after one season, every player on the transfer market costs zero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)