Underated SerieA stars (1 Viewer)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Media never talk about Sergigno and Milan fans are all 4 Maldini, Inzaghi, Scheva, Gattuso (yes he has a lot fans) and now Kaka, so I can't see how Sergigno can be overrated.
I agree that he is underrated cause nobody cares about him but he was more than one time very useful 4 Milan. He is discontinuos but in "his days" he can be devasting, and Inter knows it very well :D
Pirlo is not mediocre but I also think he will never become world class as he was suppose to become.

Maresca... well I like him. But is true that is wrong (first of all 4 him) to put too mutch expectation on him. Let's follow his steps and than we will speack.

About Cassano and Miccoli... they play in the same role but they are very differnt. Micco is a better dribbler but Cassano is more skillful. Anycase I also think that Micco will go highter cause Cassano personality is very difficolt, and he will have prblems with all the coachs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
hey imo, as a enzo fan, he is and will be class. Pirlo IMO is not the future, he was a mediocre am, transformed into a decent DM.

Cassano, is a problem child, good but not good enought to be the future.

Miccoli imo is a decent stab at the azzuri future. Cassano is too arogant.
Yeah Pirlo decent...and he is the pillar of the best team in the World...OK THEN! And you turn around and say Maresca is first class...??? Based on what..his 8 games for Juve as compared to Pirlo at 23 playing in CL, Coppa and Scudetto??

Mate nailed Serginho right on..he was never rated...one comment in a game does not over-rate a player.

Miccoli is a joke who cannot play in a big team..he much like Materazzi is a small time player..he lacks the skill, talent and class to play on a team like Juve. He will not last. To compare him to Cassano is just a slap in the face in the name of Football. Cassano (forget attitude) is sheer talent class and vision that Miccoli lacks. Miccoli can never be a first player in teams like Juve or Roma. He can't keep up.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I think you are wrong about Miccoli.
He didn't have so many chance yet in Juve (IMO unfearly) but when he played he always did well. He is just at his first year in Juve so it's soon to say that he won't make it to do well.
I think that Miccoli has a lot of skill, maybe not like Cassano, but he has.
If Lippi and Juve will decide to give him a chance he may explode soon; if they will keep on leaving him in the bench also if DP is sucking and DV is IMO not impress like he was doing at the beginning of the season yes he will probably loose motivations. But if he will leave I think he will do very well especially if he will go to Lazio or Parma, who are quality teams but without the competition and the pressure that he is havng in Juve.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Miccoli needs more of a chance, as he has true potential, he just hasn't been given the opportunity to express it on the world stage. If he continues to prove himself in the Coppa Italia, Lippi will have to drop Dp for him sooner or later.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Yes but if it won't happen soon we will loose Fabrizio, he is not a teen-ager and I think he will frick out soon seeing his potential wasted in a bench.
If Lippi don't play him now that DP is hisses and booed even from his own fans I don't know when he will do it...
I want Farizio to play vs Roma, it his moment, we have to risck! But I'm sure it won't happen cause also if Lippi with decide himself to leave "his unofficial son" out he will play DV, that IMO is also going down.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

They actually signed him BEFORE the WC. So then it was actually some good "pickings"
Ahh i wasn't aware of that. Even so, i don't rate him that highly, though that goal he scored on the weekend shook me up a bit :)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Definitely Zola!!.

I just love his style of playing.. so wuick and sparky.
IM supporting him now.. and i wish that he will return to serie A with Cagliari!! :thumb:

Another player i like is Di Natale!!

Forza AC Milan

Oct 2, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
he had an average season IMO,he may have won the CL and the italian and super cup,but he wasnt one of Milans top 3 players was he?in fact he wasnt even one of the best 5.

he isnt overrated but in the same time he isnt underrated.
I do agree with the last sentence;)

Dec 27, 2003
The most underrated player of this tournament has to be Sampdoria's Francesco Flachi. He is the true strategist behind Sampdoria's success, dictating the tempo of their play, organising and carrying out all their offensive actions and oftentimes finalising such actions himself with a goal. A complete playmaker who is just unlucky to have revealed himself at an older age (he used to be a promising youngster at Fiorentina years ago). He deserves more than just a mention in the Sunday night Football broadcast or a good grade in the Gazzetta the morning after.

To a lesser extent, I found Inter's Cruz to be somewhat underrated, for he has been decisive in Inter's face-savings more than once. Unfortunately Adriano's arrival might leave him fewer chances to shine now.

Dec 27, 2003
Miccoli definitely deserves more space. I don't know why Lippi keeps insisting with some players when you have an incisive striker like him on the bench.

A historically underrated player that just came to mind is Parma's Daniele Zoratto in the early 90's, back in the days when Parma still looked like a happy family. Asprilla, Melli and Brolin were their stars then, but the only irreplaceable element of that team was this short defensive midfielder who I don't recall missing one pass for an entire season. He reminded me a lot of Deschamps.

Aug 1, 2003
first of all, I want to thank denco for starting this thread. I've been waiting for someone to do it.

Milan is underrated (at least here in Malaysia they are) and Pippo Inzaghi is most, most, most most most definitely underrated.

Tacchinardi is underrated IMO.

Solskjaer is underrated.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I agree about Zambro, cause he is IMO one of the most important players 4 us but media do not talk about him that mutch.
Non about Morfeo, cause he is talented, when younger he was pusched a lot like he had to become a star but he choked badly. This is the first year since he left Atalanta that we are seeing something good(and not so mutch) from him :groan:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Chevanton, no. Everybody realized that he may become a star and big teams (especially Lazio) are already behind him. When Lecce was in B he was nearly unknown but this year (at list here in Italy) he is considered one of best fowards in serie A as he deserve.
Chevanton rocks, lucky who will get him ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)