Under Attack Juventus Go Silent (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Out of Europe Juventus have decided to start a press-blackout in response to the protests of their fans and the negative articles written by the Italian media in wake of the Bianconeri’s elimination on behalf of Arsenal.
Sports director Luciano Moggi was the one who took care of explaining the questionable decision early this afternoon.

“We are sorry not have beaten Arsenal, we cared a lot about the Champions League. I am also sorry, very sorry, over the verbal aggression the team suffered after last night’s match. It’s a treatment the team doesn’t deserve given all that it has done this season,” he said.

“One can’t always win, and I think Arsenal were in better shape than we were in this moment. Now is a good time to be silent so all of us can take a moment to reflect and avoid losing focus towards conquering the Scudetto,” he added.

With six games left to be played, Juventus hold a nine point lead over second place Milan, the only Italian team still in the hunt for the Champions League.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    I liked this response from one of the guys:

How appropriate - silence just like their attack the other day. Sad day for us all - means we don't get to hear such classic soundbites as Nedved's request for psychiatric help or benchwarmer Lil's hurricane pronouncement. Classic behaviour of the schoolyard bully who beats up all the little kids (Serie A lightweights other than ACM,Inter,Roma, usually Lazio and this year Firenze) but when some new kid like Arsenal from the down the street shows up and hits them right back in the mouth, they sulk, take their toys home and then lock the doors and have a good cry. And this is a world class club? I've cracked on their supporters repeatedly for the weak attendance but maybe I should give them some props as they look like they knew what was about to go down all along (another ho hum Scudetto and mediocre CL performance - remember W Bremen had them 2 minutes from going out), rightly ripping them a new one at the end of the time and in the media and generally no longer buying what management is selling (that includes you Fabulous Cappello). And to all the posters who advocate dumping Zebina, Giannichedda, Mutu, Chellini and the like and buying Messi, Henry, Gerrard or Ronaldinho - Shake yourselves that is going to happen around the same time as I start dating Pamela Anderson.

hehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)