Ultimate Classic Juventus team (3 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
I always saw a Tardelli as a CM. I must be disagree with your formation, Burke
Ummm, not what the professionals say.
Actually, what you're criticizing is the lineup put forward by Channel4Italia. I agree though
There you go....
Zidane + Platini + no defensive midfielder?? :disagree:

Why Baggio instead of DP?
Because DP is over-rated, and no DM because Curva Scirea ows everyone.

Ohh, and CHERRYBERRY, I don't even like Juve. :lol2:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Aren't you Andy the one who said that Emerson was the best ball winner one day? :lol2:

Edit: Sorry me, the thread title is the Ultimate Juventus team, not the Ultimate World team. :D
Emerson used to be a world class destroyer... no question. But as Baggio used to be perhaps the best player in the world, he is not considered to be a Juventus legend by me and will not appear on my top Juventus 11.

Mozart

F*ck the media
Feb 3, 2006
Ok, all time classic Juve XI; here's my two cents.

GK. BUFFON - Just has to be, he's the greatest of all times, faster, fitter & better than Zoff.
RB. ZAMBROTTA - Think his ability to play both sides means he edges Cabrini.
CB. SCIREA - The definition of world class. My captain, RIP Capitano
CB. GENTILE - But only just over the Neopolitan duo of Canna & Ferrara
LB. FORTUNATO - Taken from us far too soon, God rest his soul.
CM TARDELLI - 5 scudetti & a European Cup, a world champion, say no more, a born winner
CM. PLATINI - 3 time Balon d'or & capocannoniere, from midfield, Zizou can only dream
CM CONTE - Every team needs someone to do their dirty work, but only just over Deschamps
A. VIALLI - Our captain when we lifted the European Cup for the 2nd time
A. CHARLES - Rivaled only by Platini & Maradona as Serie A's greatest import, some company!
A. DEL PIERO - How could you leave out Ale? Our leading scorer, a true hero.

good mixture of players...:agree:

cherryman

Jan 17, 2007
Because DP is over-rated, and no DM because Curva Scirea ows everyone.

He is not as good now as in his early days, but most of that is from his injury (somewhere in the end of '99 or so I think).

How can u say overrated to someone who made so many goals, Baggio was good, bu never won a WC or a CL? Baggio didn't played so many years @ Juvé also not?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
-----------------------Buffon------------------------

Ferrara------Scirea----------Montero-----Gentile

---------------------Tardelli-----------------------

-------------Zidane---------Nedved-------------

---------------------Platini-----------------------

---------------??????------Del Piero------------

Can't decide who to go for to play along side DP. Never thought very highly of Baggio and never saw some of the older guys.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
-----------------------Buffon------------------------

Ferrara------Scirea----------Montero-----Gentile

---------------------Tardelli-----------------------

-------------Zidane---------Nedved-------------

---------------------Platini-----------------------

---------------Charles------Del Piero------------
I took care of it for ya :tup:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Having never seen Charles I can't really agree or disagree with you. Earliest Juve strikers I saw actually playing were Baggio, Ravanelli and Vialli.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Having never seen Charles I can't really agree or disagree with you. Earliest Juve strikers I saw actually playing were Baggio, Ravanelli and Vialli.
I've seen a lot of Charles and been genuinely interested in his career all my life so he would definitely be my bet. But the three you mentioned were all superb for this club.

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006

Dino ZOFF 1967-72
Became a national hero when, at the age of 40, he captained Italy to World Cup glory. But Zoff had continually proved to be a consistent performer for Juventus prior to that triumph when he established himself as No 1 in Turin for 11 years after joining from Napoli in 1972. Won six Serie A titles, two Italian Cups and a UEFA Cup. Would later have a brief coaching stint with the club before going on to mange the Azzurri.

Gaetano SCIREA 1974-86
Elegance personified. A sweeper from the old school who would become an international regular for over a decade. He read the game as if he had studied it the night before. Scirea was a model professional and born leader. Tragically died in 1989 in a road accident while on a scouting mission for the club in Poland. Was a key member in the Azzurri side that won the 1982 World Cup. Made 377 League appearances for Juve.

Antonello CUCCUREDDU 1969-81
Picked up a staggering six championships with Juve between 1971 and 1981. A powerful defender who went on to win international honours. Started his career in Serie C with Torres in 1967, before joining Brescia for one term a year later.

Claudio GENTILE 1973-84
They don’t build defenders like this anymore. Uncompromising stopper who became a regular for the Bianconeri in his second season in Turin. Signed from Varese, Gentile made man marking an art form. Like Cuccureddu won six Serie A titles. Gentile played a starring role in the 1982 World Cup triumph.

Antonio CABRINI 1976-89
Joined Juventus in 1976 from Atalanta and instantly became a hit on the domestic and international scene. Equipped with a graceful left foot, many believe Juventus have never really replaced him. Another member of the 1982 World Cup winning team, he made history by missing a penalty in the Final against West Germany.

Marco TARDELLI 1975-85
A midfield general who joined the Bianconeri in 1975 from Serie B side Como. His impact was so immense that, less than a year later, he had already made his full international debut in a 3-1 win over Portugal. A veteran of five Scudetto triumphs and a key figure in Juve’s European success in the early 1980s. Went on to both play and Coach Inter.

Giampiero BONIPERTI 1946-61
An attack-minded midfielder who holds a club record of 444 appearances - with 178 goals - in Serie A. Originally started his career as a striker before being slowly moved into a deeper position. Would go on to become club captain and play for the Azzurri 38 times. Also became President of the club before quitting in the 1990s.

Zinedine ZIDANE 1996-01
Joined Juventus in 1996 from Bordeaux. The talented Frenchman would quickly establish himself as the world’s best player. Won two championships, a European Super Cup, a World Club Cup and an Italian Super Cup. Left for £48m to join Real Madrid where he hoped to fulfil his ambition of winning the Champions League after finishing runner-up with the Old Lady on two occasions.

Michel PLATINI 1982-87
The most influential player in Juve’s recent history. A true No 10 and midfield genius who could score more often than most strikers and hit passes of 40-50 yards to a teammate’s feet. European Player of the Year from 1983 to 1985 and an important cog in the success of the Bianconeri and the French national side.

Omar SIVORI 1957-65
Volatile South American forward with the scoring skills of John Charles, who could easily replace Sivori in this line-up, and the disciplinary record of Paolo Montero. Netted 134 League goals for the club in the late 1950s and early 60s. Finished as Capocannoniere in 1960 with 27 goals and scored six in Juve’s 9-1 defeat of Inter in 1960-61.

Roberto BAGGIO 1990-95
For the early part of the 1990s Roberto Baggio was Juventus. Having signed on the eve of the 1990 World Cup Finals for a world record £8m, his sale led to riots in the streets of Florence. A pony-tailed genius who played his best football in Turin, Baggio ended his stay in 1995 when the club were crowned champions of Italy.

THE COACH:
Giovanni TRAPATTONI 1976-86 & 91-94

Coached Juventus in a club record 402 Serie A games over two spells in Turin. His first was significantly more successful than his last as Juventus went on to rule the roost at home and abroad. Labelled as defensive by some while with the Old Lady, Trap is Italy’s most successful boss ever.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
The Coach should be Lippi, not Trapattoni, Del Piero is infront of Baggio and also there must be room for Pavel Nedved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)