UEFA U-21 Denmark vs. Italy (1 Viewer)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm surprised no one started a thread on this for a couple of reasons:

1) We have a lot of People form italy and Denmark, and that could make for some interesting smack-talk.

2) There are a few future Juve players (we hope), in Sculli, Brighi, and Gasberroni on the team. I went on RAI's website, and they were saying that a midfielder whose last name I believe is Pinzi is juve property as well.

Is that true??

Anyway, The game is at 14:10 Italian time on saturday, which means I'll be watching it at 8:10 in the morning.

Well, let the trash talking begin.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
woohooo!

I might go see this match. It's being played incredibly close to my hometown, and the tickets are very cheap...

I'd say Italy have the strongest squad, but don't underestimate the danes. There's some quite talented guys... it's gonna be exciting.

OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I'm just glad somebody responded to my thread.

I was about to get desperate and post point counter-point arguments just so this wouldn't turn into a ghost town.

I guess people just don't care about our Juve of the future:down:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I'm just looking forward to seing Gilardino in action. From the few Parma matches I've seen this season, he seems quite good.

Of course Juve's young lads will be interesting as well... but I know so much more about them... if you know what I'm saying---

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    I'm just looking forward to seing Gilardino in action. From the few Parma matches I've seen this season, he seems quite good.

Of course Juve's young lads will be interesting as well... but I know so much more about them... if you know what I'm saying---
    He ain't playing !!! He's got the flu

Sculli is injured, so he's out too.........

Many new faces because of so many scratches.........

Denmark may be a surprise after all......

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Could mean more playing time for Brighi and Gasberonni.

Does this mean that Sculli won't play against Juve next week?

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

oh no. I didn't know that. Oh crap, I dunno if I wanna go anymore.... :down: Man this sucks, everyone is either sick or injured. The friendly between England and Denmark on sunday is also screwed, both teams are missing alot of key players. It's probably gonna be a crap game.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

Does this mean that Sculli won't play against Juve next week?
    No he's not playing VS. Juve next weekend... he doesn't play for Modena anymore. He transfered to Chievo this summer ;)

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

No he's not playing VS. Juve next weekend... he doesn't play for Modena anymore. He transfered to Chievo this summer ;)
    Oh, he did??

Yeah, that's right. Wow, I'm a fukkin idiot.

That, and a certain website (Uefa.com) needs to get their shit straight.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Azzurrini aim to conquer Denmark
    Football Italia

Claudio Gentile maintains Italy will go out to win their European Under-21 Championship play-off in Copenhagen this afternoon.

“A draw away from home would not be a bad result,” noted the tactician, “but why go there to settle? We want the victory.”

The first leg will take place in Denmark at 13.15 UK time, while the return match is at Rieti on Wednesday evening.

“Our aim is to seal up our place in the tournament as quickly as possible,” continued Gentile.

“The lads are mentally prepared for this gamble and to try for a point would be to change our whole attitude to football.”

“We must take this encounter as if it was a Final, with no second leg to dig us out of a hole.”

The Italy side is struggling with injury problems ahead of today’s game, as Sam Dalla Bona and Andrea Caracciolo are out, but Alberto Gilardino and Giuseppe Sculli have recovered from flu and a bruised ankle respectively.

Doubts continue to hang over Parma defender Daniele Bonera after he suffered a muscular problem.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Ok it ended 1-1. Not a bad result.

Pinzi got sent off; Paolo Cannavaro fouled a Danish player in the box who duly scored from the spot.

An error from the Danish keeper let Italy back into the game - 1-1 (Own goal by denmark)

Italy should finish the job at home.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
    Ok it ended 1-1. Not a bad result.

Pinzi got sent off; Paolo Cannavaro fouled a Danish player in the box who duly scored from the spot.

An error from the Danish keeper let Italy back into the game - 1-1 (Own goal by denmark)

Italy should finish the job at home.
    penalty and own goal..sounds like a very scrapy match ;)

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    Italy clearly outplayed Denmark in this match. I watched it from the beginning, and to be honest with you, we deserved at lest that point.

I though that Sculli, before he got hurt, and especially gaseberonni, played very well.

I wasn't too impressed with Brighi, however.

Gasberonni was making things happen from the wing spot, which i spromising, and Sculli just missed on a few chances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)