UEFA Team of the Year.. Final Squad Announced (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I've never seen another full-back dominate a wing like Carlos can. It's a gift. He has his flaws, but every player does, and it shouldn't take away from the fact that he's a fantastic player.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
He does a lot more defensively than is apparent LAC, because a lot of wingers have to track back considerably to try to neutralise the threat of his runs on the wing. That's effective prophilactic play.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
oh yeah??!!! well the acceleration time quadrant of the metaphysical particle hyperdrive on startrek is incredibly functional as well as scintillating in its opacity.

lol what does prophilactic mean?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
oh yeah??!!! well the acceleration time quadrant of the metaphysical particle hyperdrive on startrek is incredibly functional as well as scintillating in its opacity.

lol what does prophilactic mean?
Same root as prophet. It means seeing what the other guy wants to do and forcing him not to do it. It's used a lot in chess strategy. Sorry. :redface:

Oh, and everyone knows that the acceleration time quadrant refers to the parabolic space-time inhibitor in Star Wars. :rolleyes: :geek: ;)

Oh, and some people use 'prophilactic' for contraceptive.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I don't think to the same extent. To quote myself from earlier in the thread, "I've never seen another full-back dominate a wing like Carlos can. It's a gift."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)