UEFA Nations League (3 Viewers)

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
There was another angle on this. Where he didn’t touch Sterling at all.

He does nothing wrong. Just the scousers still seething over the Salah incident.
I'm not a Scouser, and couldn't care less about Salah the one-season wonder. But I do think Ramos is a prick.

Dier's tackle might have been dangerous if mistimed, but it's honest and telegraphed enough that everyone - including Ramos and the Ref - can see it coming. It's in open play and he wins the ball. This one on Sterling is snide and off the ball and either intended to hurt or to provoke a reaction that gets Sterling a booking.

No one likes a sneak.

P.S.

15396357468839.jpg

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Can't wait to see which non-white player the DFB blames next.
I usually hate pointing the racist card at anyone, but this organization clearly has a problem. Underperforming ethnic Germans are protected at all costs (Muller, Kroos, Hummels, Neuer etc) while players like Can, Khedira, Ozil and Sane are thrown under the bus time and again.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
I usually hate pointing the racist card at anyone, but this organization clearly has a problem. Underperforming ethnic Germans are protected at all costs (Muller, Kroos, Hummels, Neuer etc) while players like Can, Khedira, Ozil and Sane are thrown under the bus time and again.
Ozil? Really? Ozil? Why?

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Ozil brought all of that on himself by acting like a prick on social media. The man's a tool, his ethnicity is irrelevant.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Ozil brought all of that on himself by acting like a prick on social media. The man's a tool, his ethnicity is irrelevant.
You really think they care about Erdogan and his authoritarianism? Lothar Matthaus met Putin and not a single German criticized him for it.
Also did you not listen to Kroos, Hoeness and the DFB chief’s comments on Ozil’s performances? He was clearly singled out.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
You really think they care about Erdogan and his authoritarianism? Lothar Matthaus met Putin and not a single German criticized him for it.
Also did you not listen to Kroos, Hoeness and the DFB chief’s comments on Ozil’s performances? He was clearly singled out.
I have no idea what Germans do and do not care about.

But I'd like to think that Ozil was singled out for putting in half-arsed performances (as is his way). Sure, others played badly. But, I think, with Ozil it's not a question of ability but application.

I also believe him to be an idiot. On the one hand he perceives himself to be viewed as Turkish-German (which he also perceives to be an insult, not that it is) and on the other hand, he openly embraces and advertises his ethnicity and somehow doesn't see the connection, and writes stupid 'woe is me' posts about it all on social media. Best thing for him after that dreadful WC would have been to shut up and/or retire from international football with some dignity.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Oh yes they do, you have no idea how much the germans hate him. As for the second part, Matthaus is an irrelevant hack, no one gives a fuck about what he does or says. Özil on the other hand was a german NT player when he played besties with Erdogan.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

Btw. He didn't even call Löw, the coach he's won the World Cup with, He just left. When Löw finally showed up to the Arsenal training ground to talk to him, Ozil called in sick. What a true gentleman and great personality he is ;)

Last edited:

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Btw. He didn't even call Löw, the coach he's won the World Cup with, He just left. When Löw finally showed up to the Arsenal training ground to talk to him, Ozil called in sick. What a true gentleman and great personality he is ;)
Admittedly - and for reasons of full disclosure - I have a certain bias against Ozil. Not because of race but because he's an Arsenal poster boy. I guess you knew this.

I didn't know about him calling in sick. That is truly pathetic. You'd imagine many club managers would have told him to drag his sorry arse in to work and talk to the guy who's just travelled 500 miles to talk shop. But not at Arsenal. Those two deserve each other.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ozil is one of the most talented of his generation but everything you hear about him sounds like he's a shit person. No surprise fans of the teams he plays for hate him.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Well, this just got interesting in our group. England v Croatia (on Sun @ Wembley):

ENG win = ENG in finals, CRO relegated
CRO win = CRO in finals, ENG relegated
0-0 draw = ESP in finals, CRO relegated
Score draw = ESP in finals, ENG relegated

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
I still haven't figured out this nations league business. Are the semifinalists of nations league automatically qualified for Euro?
All the group winners are guaranteed a playoff spot even Group D (inc. Kosovo, Belarus etc).

The four semi-finalists are exempted from the six team qualifying groups for 2020 and will be top 1-4 seeds playing in a smaller five team group instead.

And Germany/Croatia/Poland/Iceland, by virtue of relegation, may have a rough ride as they will draw a Group A team and will not have the fall back of a playoff.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)