UEFA CUP, final. Drogba - we realy wont this guy (1 Viewer)

rainhard

May 5, 2004
In Sven Goran Eriksson squad, only 2 players not from EPL.

---> David Beckham - Real Madrid
---> Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Muenchen

This is prove England players cant play well in other league.
It's all because play style in EPL difficult to applied in other league.
So,hard for english player to adapt in other European clubs.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

5 years ago isn't history as far as I'm concerned. By the way you said "I can choose a span in English football history", it sounded like you were gonna start bringing up the days when Huddersfield and Burnley were winning it.
I said that because you were referring to history. My argument doesn't rely on history at all, as I honestly don't know it. I'm judging by what I've seen this season and the last.........the only ones I've followed for a long time.

A competitive league doesn't mean that the teams are strong relative to other leagues.
I did not say that. But looking back, it seems I got carried away on that "competitive league" thing that came out of nowhere really. :embarass:

Anyway.........I just said in my last post that I know only 3 teams in England are strong and can do something in Europe (that's not taking history into account as I mentioned before) but so is the case with all the other leagues.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
I did not say that. But looking back, it seems I got carried away on that "competitive league" thing that came out of nowhere really. :embarass:
:LOL:
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Anyway.........I just said in my last post that I know only 3 teams in England are strong and can do something in Europe (that's not taking history into account as I mentioned before) but so is the case with all the other leagues.
Yes, only 3 teams can do something in Europe, and that's the case with the other leagues, BUT the standard of the power of those 3 teams IMO isn't as strong as those of say, Calcio and 'Liga

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

See, that's the difference. English teams come very close to qualifying. Italian and Spanish teams qualify
Got that m..... fukkin right :rofl: :LOL:

Lets face it.....English teams have nothing to look in Europe....ManU got lucky once.....even in UEFA cup they cannot say that theyr better.

And for the answer to a question os someone: Do I think that Lyon,Marseiles and Monaco are better sides than ManU and Arse?
At this moment yess,I would bet that any of french sides could take out ManU or Chelsea without any bigger problem....
And Moncao could beat Arse...tough....but could...

Mar 14, 2004
Laugh all you want.....current situation is cruell for English football....like it or not. Arse is strong but cannot do shit in Europe for a centuries now. ManU once was(if it was ever) a great team but now it is a matter of joke and laugh for everybody. Chelsea buys and buys....but that doesnt brings results....Liverpool is a shadow of something he was: the last great English club.
English players are totally over-rated so that in Champions team like Arsenal,main players are french(onley english player that actually plays is Cole). ENGLAND DOES NOT HAVE EVEN A GOOD DOMESTIC COACH!!!! Take a look: ManU: Sir Alex(scottland),Arse: Arse Wenger(French),Chelsea: Ranieri(Ital.),LivPool: Gerrard H.(french).
Take a look ho is a manager of NT of England. I REST MY CASE.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Arsenal was the best in EPL last season.....

Unbeaten record , congrats...

how much arsenal player in English national team??? :rofl:

only two Sol Campbell :rofl: and Ashley Cole.

his midfield???? all frenchh

attacker ??? french etc etc

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Not heard of Alan Curbishley, Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce who are all doing superb jobs with relegation candidate teams. Charlton have one of the worst squads in the EPl but they are getting better and better. Bolton finished in the top half of the table after an amazing run in at the end of the year, and birmingham continue to defy all odds by managing high place finishes in the table. there's your young English talent in terms of management. And lets not forget Sir Bobby Robson, still cutting it with the best at the ripe old age of 70-odd! Have you only heard of 4 EPL teams?? You keep referring to them all the time as if nobody else plays in the league!

Chelse buys..and that DOESN'T bring results?? Second in the premiership (BEST EVER FINISH) and semi finalist in the CL! That ISN'T bringing results??? :eek:

Man U is a joke? Come off it they have one belw average season and they're a joke..What pray are juventus then? At least united will probably have one trophy to their name this evening!

Arsenal cannot do shit in Europe but who knocked them out? An ENGLISH team!!

Yeah Liverpool are a shadow of what they were, but come on look at how good they were back then. It would be nigh on impossible to match that feat. They're hardly a bad side and on their day would beat any team in le championnat hands down imo!

Still I'm not saying the EPL is the best; far from it I believe Serie A and La Liga are both someway off, but to compare it to the french league is nothing short of silly!

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Chelse buys..and that DOESN'T bring results?? Second in the premiership (BEST EVER FINISH) and semi finalist in the CL! That ISN'T bringing results??? :eek:

Man U is a joke? Come off it they have one belw average season and they're a joke..What pray are juventus then? At least united will probably have one trophy to their name this evening!

Arsenal cannot do shit in Europe but who knocked them out? An ENGLISH team!!
They are second in everything! Who gives a trophy for second place?????
Formula1 maybe but football forgets the second.
Who cares about CL semi-finals when your not a winner????
ENGLAND cannot and will not be a winner nor in a CL nor in a WC nor in a EuropeanCup. France is a European Champion,was a world champion,could be CL winner and UEFA-cup runner-up. again: I REST MY CASE

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Because France are the European Champs and were former World Champs makes their league better than that of England? Because Monaco are CL finalists and Marseille came second in the Uefa Cup means that the French Championship is better than the Premiership? No. It says that certain clubs have enjoyed better seasons than others, but it doesn't mean that the league is of a higher standard.

Mar 14, 2004
it means that France makes better domestic footballers that play in their homeland,game is nicer to watch,competition is better,leauge is more interesting,clubs accomplish better results in europe,better coaches. What....if EPL clubs have more money does that mean that they are better?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
They are second in everything! Who gives a trophy for second place?????
Who cares about CL semi-finals when your not a winner????
France is a European Champion,was a world champion,could be CL winner and UEFA-cup runner-up. again:
:howler:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Well you've just shown yourself to be completely and utterly biased, thus removing the last shred of credibility from your argument.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Of course it is. Le Championnat is a very creditable league with some very good teams and some very good players, but to say that it's better than the EPL is ludicrous to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)