uefa.com's "did you know" list (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
hi guys, just thought I'd paste some of the 'did you know' facts here about some Juve players from uefa.com ... there are few interesting facts and few well known facts but nyway, here goes nothing!

Did you know?

-Appiah was born in Accra, where he turned out for the local champions Hearts of Oak.

-Birindelli's first appearance for the Azzurri came eight days after his 28th birthday.

-Buffon's father was a shot-putter and his mother threw the discus.

-Camoranesi supports Argentinian club CA River Plate.

-Conte has been at Juventus so long that he describes the famous black-and-white shirt as his "second skin".

-Davids wears protective glasses during matches after having operations on both eyes due to acute glaucoma.

-'Pinturicchio' was man of the match in Juve’s European/South American Cup success against CA River Plate in 1996.

-Ironically, in his final game as a Parma player, Di Vaio scored an equalising goal against Juventus in the 2002 Italian Super Cup final in Tripoli - a game his new club went on to win 2-1.

-Ferrara and Maradona lived in the same apartment block.

-Iuliano scored his first Juve goal in the 1-1 draw against Atalanta BC on the final day of the 1996/97 season to help clinch the title.

-Legrottaglie was relishing learning the “secrets” of defending from the likes of Ciro Ferrara and Lillian Thuram.

-During his time at West Brom, Maresca was once booked without being on the pitch: for excessively celebrating a goal.

-Miccoli has a tattoo of Che Guevara on his leg.

-Montero was the second Uruguayan to play for Juventus, after Raúl Banfi in 1941/42.

-A keen wine collector, Nedved married his childhood sweetheart, Ivana, at the age of 21.

-As eloquent as his nickname, 'il professore', might suggest, Pessotto is a regular guest on Italian television's football talk shows.

-Tacchinardi watched from the sidelines as Juventus beat AFC Ajax to win the 1996 Champions League, but came on as a substitute in the subsequent final defeats by BV Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid CF.

-Thuram had grown up in Guadaloupe wanting to be a priest until he realised his talents lay elsewhere.

-Born in Rouen, France, Trezeguet grew up in Argentina.

-Tudor was voted Croatian Footballer of the Year in 2001.

-His elegant moves have earned Zalayeta the nickname 'il panterone', the big panther.

-Entering the 2003/04 edition, Zambrotta had never scored in the Champions League.

ww.uefa.com
-------------------------

enjoy!

Buy on AliExpress.com

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
hi guys, just thought I'd paste some of the 'did you know' facts here about some Juve players from uefa.com ... there are few interesting facts and few well known facts but nyway, here goes nothing!

Did you know?

-Thuram had grown up in Guadaloupe wanting to be a priest until he realised his talents lay elsewhere.

enjoy!
:eek:
Thanx anyway.:)

gray

Apr 22, 2003

-Buffon's father was a shot-putter and his mother threw the discus.
Then where are the throwing goal-assists? :devil:

-Conte has been at Juventus so long that he describes the famous black-and-white shirt as his "second skin".
Hey, I haven't been at Juventus but I still describe it as that :D

-Davids wears protective glasses during matches after having operations on both eyes due to acute glaucoma.
Oh so they're still necessary? I thought he didn't need them anymore, but they looked :cool: so he kept them

-Iuliano scored his first Juve goal in the 1-1 draw against Atalanta BC on the final day of the 1996/97 season to help clinch the title.
:LOL:

-Legrottaglie was relishing learning the “secrets” of defending from the likes of Ciro Ferrara and Lillian Thuram.
Pity our defence has gone down the drain this season :down: Maybe Lilian and Ciro were too busy spoon-feeding Legro to concentrate on their own training :irritate:

-During his time at West Brom, Maresca was once booked without being on the pitch: for excessively celebrating a goal.
:LOL: I love Maresca's celebrations :thumb:

-A keen wine collector, Nedved married his childhood sweetheart, Ivana, at the age of 21.
:touched:

-As eloquent as his nickname, 'il professore', might suggest, Pessotto is a regular guest on Italian television's football talk shows.
Indeed, he does look like a professor, especially with his glasses on

:eek:

-His elegant moves have earned Zalayeta the nickname 'il panterone', the big panther.
I have the same question as everyone else :confused::eek:

OP
sallyinzaghi
Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    :LOL: i laughed at Zala's 'did you know' too but whaddahell. Nyway, ESPN said after his footballing career is over Thuram would be a priest..

Meow

Jun 8, 2003

Did you know?

ww.uefa.com
    -------------------------

enjoy!
    UEFA's question was "did you know"

Now we are answering to it:

WE DID NOT KNOW!

Jul 12, 2002
    I did know that, Edgar and I have a lot in common. :cool:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003

-Tacchinardi watched from the sidelines as Juventus beat AFC Ajax to win the 1996 Champions League, but came on as a substitute in the subsequent final defeats by BV Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid CF.

so...that's why we lost :D oouch...! remind lippi not to play tacchi if we get to germany next year

-Entering the 2003/04 edition, Zambrotta had never scored in the Champions League.
    me thinks my zambro will score this year.....:D

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    :LOL: After that crazy celebration in the town derby I believe it 100%!

That's not true IMO. I quite regularly watch the football shows and I have yet to see Pesso being a host in one of them! :groan::D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)