UEFA.com Team Of the Year (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Ashley Cole was brilliant last season, and I hate him and Arsenal but he was, he was better the Zambrotta over the last year, Buffon doesnt deserve it, if it is the WHOLE OF LAST YEAR, including January to May, then it should be someone like Pelli or Casilias, because if it wasnt for Iker, last season I think Real could of finished in the bottom-half they were so bad.

Carvelho shouldnt either, John Terry is far more important at Chelsea then Carvelho, just shows as usual most of the players picked (similar to European and World player of the year) is based on Euro2004. And where is Serie A player of the year?

Deco was more important to Porto then Maniche!

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Erik...Robben was injured most of last year, a team of the Year shouldnt have players who performed well for like 5 months.

As a Dutchman what is your fav, Dutch team? PSV? Cause I think Ajax fans would be like, 'where is VDV or Sneijder'

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I have no favourite Dutch team though I'm currently rooting for league leaders AZ Alkmaar who are playing the BEST football since Johan Cruyff still played in the Eredivisie.

And Van der Vaart and Sneijder have been crap this year. Major form problems.

Truth be told; no Eredivisie player should be in this edition of the team of the year but Robben still made a bigger impact than Cristiano Ronaldo did IMHO

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Robben, injured January to May.

Or Ronaldo, play of the year for Man Utd, and made arguably the bigger impact at Euro2004, both being very influenctional.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Robben, injured January to May.

Or Ronaldo, play of the year for Man Utd, and made arguably the bigger impact at Euro2004, both being very influenctional.
Don't get me wrong; I like Ronaldo but the first half of the season at Man Utd his performance was very meager. Lots of fancy footwork but if he delivered one good cross per match; that was above expectation.

Then he played well at Euro2004 but so did Robben. Did you not see the match against the Czech Republic for instance?

And in the second half of the season; Robben has simply performed MUCH better at Chelsea than Ronaldo at Man Utd; especially when you consider Robben did well from the very start, without any acclimatisation problems!

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Dont you mean first half of this year? In Ronaldo's first 5 months (pre-January), he was like you said, but form January to May he was incredible. I seen him week-in, week-out he was brilliant. Robben (although not his fault but it is still a factor) was injured.

Lets not forget, Ronaldo also played a whole season at United, Euro2004 and Olimpics, plus the start of this season. Only getting 2 weeks break during all that.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Erm...no. Other way around...I DID mention he was our Player Of The Year you know...The start of this season Ronaldo has been inconsistent, sometimes good, sometimes not. However, I believe it to be because of fatigue, Fergie would of loved to have used Ronaldo far less then he did, but he was forced to play him more because of the long-term injury of Ole Solskjaer.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Erm...no. Other way around...I DID mention he was our Player Of The Year you know...The start of this season Ronaldo has been inconsistent, sometimes good, sometimes not. However, I believe it to be because of fatigue, Fergie would of loved to have used Ronaldo far less then he did, but he was forced to play him more because of the long-term injury of Ole Solskjaer.
I'm not too familiar with Man Utd's players... how does Solskjaer's injury contribute to Ronaldo playing more?

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Because since Becks departure, Solskjaer was playing on the right-wing and not as a striker, he did very well too. Everyone knew when Ronaldo was brought he was going to be rotated with Solskjaer, it ended up being him rotated with Fletcher, but as Fletcher isnt a right-winger, Fergie started using him in the middle, meaning Ronaldo played more and more games, Fergie wanted to play him about 15 times, it ended up being around the 30-plus mark.

Leicester...I'm surprised they have fans...especially after 'La Manga' incident...Leicester won as well this week...how can you like them, there best player is like Jordan Stewart!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Ole played on the right wing? Whoa, learn something new every day

thanks for the info

Leicester...I'm surprised they have fans...especially after 'La Manga' incident...Leicester won as well this week...how can you like them, there best player is like Jordan Stewart!
what diff does that make? If Jordan Stewart were Juve's best player, wouldn't change much...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I used to live in Leicestershire.

And two more words:

Gary Lineker :strong:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)