UEFA Coefficient (2 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Don't hold your hopes buddy, that ain't gonna happen.

United might look weaker, but Chelsea and Liverpool (if they don't sell out) are becoming quite big.
yeah i guess its so. but i thought Italy has a bigger chance to overtake them as Bayern and Dortmund are pretty much guaranteed CL quarterfinalists the next few years. im puting my hopes on their EL teams chocking hard and City to continue getting out early. but youre right, we arent likely to overtake any of the top 3, maybe in 7-8 years or so

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I know see as well why the coefficient is really important anyway, we dont have what it takes to compete in Europe, the pragmatic Conte knows that, he has accepted this silently and thats why he doesnt risk on point in the championship for qualification in the next round in Europe.
He knows that as long as we have Marotta, we will not manage to improve much in quality and without such improval, its pointless to have such expectations.
The CL income is tempting of course, but the ammount required for a man like Marotta to make CL level transfer nullifies them...

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I know see as well why the coefficient is really important anyway, we dont have what it takes to compete in Europe, the pragmatic Conte knows that, he has accepted this silently and thats why he doesnt risk on point in the championship for qualification in the next round in Europe.
He knows that as long as we have Marotta, we will not manage to improve much in quality and without such improval, its pointless to have such expectations.
The CL income is tempting of course, but the ammount required for a man like Marotta to make CL level transfer nullifies them...
:howler: :lol: :heart:
@Bianconero81

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
With all due respect to the football-italia, but they have no idea what they are writing about. Liga Sagres didn't overtake Serie A, in no case, because UEFA coefficient rankings take into account 5 years. And they made theirs assumptions on the basis of 4-year rankings.

If Portugueses gather more points than Italians in next season, then yes, they would be 1 position higher for... 1 season.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I dunno. I half think Sporting could take Roma at this stage. And Porto could take Napoli now, though certainly not 4 months ago.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
No point having 4 CL spots when only one italian team makes it to the round of 16, We have been passed by Portugal now Italy doesn't deserve to be any higher because the Portugese teams have been tearing it up in the EL recently.

Problem is teams dropping down into that competition from the CL gives an unfair advantage to those countries. Italy was always getting it's teams into the last 16 or quarter finals of the CL where as the german/portugese teams were gaining a huge advantage for dropping down by gaining an insane amount of co-eff points for playing in an inferior competition.

If they made it that once u were knocked out of the CL Europe was finished for u Italy would have never lost it's 4th place spot for the CL but it is what it is and teams like Udinese and us (Juve) doing very bad really did not help either.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Unrelated to this comment, why is it again that you love Portugal?
My wife is a pork chop and I'm eligible for citizenship myself in a year or two.

That and any culture that loves football and coffee as much as they do is cool by me.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
My wife is a pork chop and I'm eligible for citizenship myself in a year or two.

That and any culture that loves football and coffee as much as they do is cool by me.
:tup:

So are you planning on moving to Portugal whenever you retire from whatever you're doing? :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: Doom and Gloom :howler:

I could care less about the coefficient. As long as we dominate Serie A, and translate some of that dominance into something meaningful in Europe, the points will start racking up. Essentially, improving in Europe will aid the other pathetic Serie A teams. Moreoever, I'm also quite certain Italian teams will start performing better in the EL from next season, with the promise that a place in the CL qualifiers awaits the winner from the 2015-2016 season.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
With all due respect to the football-italia, but they have no idea what they are writing about. Liga Sagres didn't overtake Serie A, in no case, because UEFA coefficient rankings take into account 5 years. And they made theirs assumptions on the basis of 4-year rankings.

If Portugueses gather more points than Italians in next season, then yes, they would be 1 position higher for... 1 season.
Yeah, looking at the coefficients I don't see how Portugal can overtake Italy next season. They are not going to score 5 points even if Benfica win the Europa League.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

They do look like they'll do it the season after next. Italy will lose their good year and Portugal will lose their worst year in 09/10 and still have their freak 10/11 season.

@Alen, am I looking at it wrong?

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Yeah, looking at the coefficients I don't see how Portugal can overtake Italy next season. They are not going to score 5 points even if Benfica win the Europa League.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

They do look like they'll do it the season after next. Italy will lose their good year and Portugal will lose their worst year in 09/10 and still have their freak 10/11 season.

@Alen, am I looking at it wrong?
What you are looking on the link is the current season ranking 13/14. For next season, 14/15 Portugal will leap frog us as the points from 09/10 season will no longer take into account.
However they will only be above us for 12 months , because when the season 15/16 starts, points from 10/11 will no longer be taken into consideration and with Italy doing better than Portugal in the subsequent seasons we will be back to 4th place.

Hope this explains.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)