UEFA Coefficient (2 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That's why this thread should be the place where all the coefficient posts should be posted. Then you don't open this particular thread and you're fine :D
-------------

It did happen folks. Inter-Bayern will indeed be THE match that will decide who gets the 3rd place and 4 CL spots.
I will give this match a title:

The Exposure of the Hypocrites

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 1, 2002
Why does any Juventus fan care about the 4th place spot?

Do they believe that they have a chance to get 4th this season, or are they already consigned to Juve fighting for that place next season?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Do they believe that they have a chance to get 4th this season, or are they already consigned to Juve fighting for that place next season?
Sadly that seems to be the case.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

I have been saying that since the whole "good for Italian football" talk has been going.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Amen to that .. I hope the day never comes when an Italian team ends up fourth next season and an Interista goes "see, we kept your pride" .. Pride shmide

And for the case we ending up fourth, I think if we have a good season we shouldn't end up third, let alone fourth. If the case happens and we end up fourth, I'd be gladly accepting Europa League instead of accepting that Inter saved our asses.

I hope they get thumped sorely and memorably. Hope Olic rips them two new ones and Robben a third. Forza Bayern!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Inter :yuck: :inter: Restoring the pride of Serie A? Maintaing the league's dignity and honour? Ensuring Italy has 4 Cl spots for the next 2 years? :shifty: :andyandbarcelona:

Fuck Inter; they are the main reason Serie A is in this mess in the first place.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
we should be aiming for 1st, if we didnt have 2 under par coaches this year im confident we would be at least where roma are now.

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #353
    I will give this match a title:

The Exposure of the Hypocrites
    :lol2: :lol2:

Why did we decide not to be mods anymore? That's exactly the title we'd have given to the thread :p

Sadly that seems to be the case.
    I still have to side with bianconero on this one.
    I have been saying that since the whole "good for Italian football" talk has been going.
    To answer bianconero, I think with a good coach next season we can aim higher than top 4. That also depends on the 'revolution'.
    I really have ambiguous feelings about all this coefficient thing, guys.

On one hand I can't help it to agree with all of you.

But on the other hand, I think that we're all underestimating the importance of having 4 CL spots. Italy losing the 4th CL spot won't be only for 2011/2012.
    Germans will start the next season (on the coefficient table) with whooping 5 pts advantage.
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2011.html
    To explain better how much 5 pts means....it's equal to 35 pts where a win brings 2 pts and a draw 1 pt. In other words, roughly speaking, Italian teams will have to make 18 wins more than German teams next year in European cups if they want to regain the 3rd place.
    Now, what does this mean?
    It means that the 4th placed team in serie A won't play in CL but it also means that the 3rd placed team in serie A will have to play CL qualifiers. If I'm not wrong, starting from this year, there won't be holders in the draw for the CL qualifiers so the 3rd placed team from serie A can very easily be matched with the 4th placed team from England or Spain in the qualifiers. So even if Juve end up 3rd in serie A we can find ourselves playing against Arsenal in the CL qualifiers.
    To be honest, I'd like to avoid such scenarios.

Like I said, I have ambiguous feelings about this. I desperately want Inter to lose against Bayern and Milan/Inter to be humiliated in Europe next year, but at the same time I feel that what I want so desperately might end up ugly for Juve.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #354
    Btww, what score counts - after 90 or after 120 mins?
    120 minutes.

If Inter wins in 90 or 120 minutes, they get 2 pts. Those 2 pts are divided with the number of Italian teams playing in Europe this year (7 teams) and you get +0.285 pts.
    Italy now has 64.052 pts. When you add +0.285 pts you get 64.337 pts.
    Germany will stay at 64.207 pts.

If it's a draw after 120 minutes then both Inter and Bayern get 1 pt (which is then divided with the number of Italian/German teams playing in Europe) and the Germans will stay in 3rd place.

Mar 10, 2009
    at least we can now finish 4th and enter the cl :)

having said that, italian teams need to have a 5 coefficient margin for next year, to maintain itself.

Kamerade

Apr 10, 2010
    UEFA coefficient can go to hell.. If anyone thinks Inter and Mourinho have done a favor for Serie A, they are seriously delusional.

Juve fans should care about the coefficient only if they are actually aiming fourth place.. (which shouldn't be the case)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)