UEFA Coefficient (3 Viewers)

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #323
    If Hamburg wins tomorrow it's over for Italy right?
    Not only if they win. Even if they draw and qualify, it's game over for Italy even if Inter beats Bayern and Hamburg loses the final.

If Hamburg plays 0:0 (wins on penalties), 1:1, 2:2 etc and lose the final, while Bayern also lose the final, the Germans will have 64.540 pts at the end. Even if Inter wins the CL final the most Italy can have is 64.337.

Hell, even if Hamburg plays 0:0 tonight and lose on penalties and both Germans lose the finals, Germany will still have 64.373 pts which is more than what Italy will have.

The only scenario where Italy wins is:
    - Fulham wins tonight (not draw+penalty win) and Inter wins the final (but not on penalties).
    In that case Germany will have 64.207 while Italy 64.337 pts.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
    Dec 10, 2008
    Not only if they win. Even if they draw and qualify, it's game over for Italy even if Inter beats Bayern and Hamburg loses the final.

If Hamburg plays 0:0 (wins on penalties), 1:1, 2:2 etc and lose the final, while Bayern also lose the final, the Germans will have 64.540 pts at the end. Even if Inter wins the CL final the most Italy can have is 64.337.

Hell, even if Hamburg plays 0:0 tonight and lose on penalties and both Germans lose the finals, Germany will still have 64.373 pts which is more than what Italy will have.

- Fulham wins tonight (not draw+penalty win) and Inter wins the final (but not on penalties).
    :superhapp

Hopefully Hamburg:xfinger: Do it. Woah I'm so exited:weee:

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #326
    :superhapp

Hopefully Hamburg:xfinger: Do it. Woah I'm so exited:weee:
    But it's still a pretty big possibility Italy to keep the 3rd place, don't you think?

Fulham beating Hamburg in Fulham and Inter beating Bayern in 90/120 minutes isn't out of question. Far from it actually.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
    Dec 10, 2008
    But it's still a pretty big possibility Italy to keep the 3rd place, don't you think?

Fulham beating Hamburg in Fulham and Inter beating Bayern in 90/120 minutes isn't out of question. Far from it actually.
    Sure. I can't believe that we came so close so fast. I hope it works but you can't be sure.

Are there international points? Like when Italy wins the world cup or Germany?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Unfortunately Zamora is out for Fulham, but they are good at home. Like I said already, Inter winning and Hamburg losing is not a big problem, but both games will be very marginal.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002

I think Italy had 64.052 _before_ yesterday game, so we have 62.195 ATM ?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I bet the Germans are sweating it now :D To be fair, if Bayern beat Inter then that is deserved. Italy has been self-destructing for too long and shouldn't be in this position.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    I would be sweating if I had seen how good Inter can be. Bayern have some really good individuals, but I think their defense is going to cost them, against Milito & Co.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    I know. I try to stay away from the whole arguments about it, because it will only end up in having the for or against-mob hunting you down, but it's interesting to see how it's going to be a real showdown between the country's best teams for that spot.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #340
    :giovanotti: 4th spot. All I hear about in this forum these days.
    That's why this thread should be the place where all the coefficient posts should be posted. Then you don't open this particular thread and you're fine :D
    -------------

It did happen folks. Inter-Bayern will indeed be THE match that will decide who gets the 3rd place and 4 CL spots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)