UEFA Coefficient (1 Viewer)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
People who are supporting Inter just for the sake of the coefficient points will be screwed next season. When the likes of Palermo play in the champions league and a team like sampdoria is in the europa league (both teams will be first out of these competitions).

So to sums it up, whether you guys like it or not there are a big chance that italian clubs will lose the 4th spot to the germans. So the worst possible scenario that might happen to us (juve fans) is Inter winning the champions league and a season later serie A would lose a place for the germans.

Do you guys really want that ?!

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #284
    Why does the UEFA coefficient become so important when Milan or Fiorentina play CL games?
    :seven:

When I cheered for Manchester (non-German team) against Milan, some members, who were really concerned about the coefficient and the GER/ITA fight for the 3rd place, wanted to crucify me and preached how the coefficient is really important.
    I saved all those posts. Now if Inter play Bayern (German team) in the final we should ask those concerned about the coefficient members to publicly say who will they support in the final.
    If they support Bayern, then their opinion should never be taken seriously in the future.

Mar 10, 2009
    Yeah it's stupid of me to want to increase the pontential money coming into the league that I support so that it will be better off in sporting and monetary terms.

How foolish I am.

lol exactly

10 years time when we lose the 3rd spot, ppl will be saying "if we dont finish in the top 2 then we dont deserve it". I want the league that Juventus to participate to be a good one, with good players to make the league good to watch.

If we lose the spot, then not many great players will be joining juve. if supporting Inter against the team that knocked us out (bayern) of the competition we haven't been in for like 6 months, to save our spot then so be it.

I want to see a serie A team on top of Europe again, it will please me.

exactly, I don't see why we can't have both a strong serie a and juve succeeding.

May 22, 2007
    I don't want this league to fall so it becomes like the Dutch league or something. Ajax were brilliant in Europe and then the league dropped off and now where are they?

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    One of my mates asked me if i would be supporting Inter in the final because it could be the difference between a champions league spot. i responded with :inter:

We are a big enough team that one poor season will not damage over a century of success. I could never support inter and i think having less spots will make the league more competitive and give us more to play for. Since it has been juves goal to get fourth this season the team have had there heads down and been completely demotivated.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #291
    1. England 81.142
    2. Spain 79.043
    3. Germany 64.207
    4. Italy 63.910

The Germans finally took over the third place.

Here are the possible scenarios in which Italy can regain the 3rd place:

1. If Inter lose tonight but still qualify:
    - Inter win in the final (but not on penalties) while Hamburger lose against Fulham.

2. If Inter draw tonight:
    - Inter win in the final (but not on penalties) while Hamburger lose against Fulham.

3. If Inter win tonight:
    - Inter win in the final (no matter how) while Hamburger lose against Fulham
    - Inter win in the final (but not on penalties) while Hamburger qualifies for the final without beating Fulham and then loses the final (but not on penalties).
    - Inter lose the final on penalties, while Hamburger lose against Fulham.

In any other case, Germany will have the 3rd place and 4 CL spots in 2011/2012.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    This implies that Inter will more likely than not have to make it to the final, and win it, in order for Calcio to retain its 4 CL spots.

In that case, I would like to congratulate the Germans, and say they have earned and deserved the right to field 4 teams in the CL, if only for 2-3 years until the Italians reawaken. I think this minor demise is somewhat good for Calcio as it will allow the goofs that control the game to finally wake up and realize that they need to act, before they are overtaken by Ligue 1 as well.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    1. England 81.142
    2. Spain 79.043
    3. Germany 64.207
    4. Italy 63.910

The Germans finally took over the third place.

Here are the possible scenarios in which Italy can regain the 3rd place:

1. If Inter lose tonight but still qualify:

2. If Inter draw tonight:

3. If Inter win tonight:
    - Inter win in the final (no matter how) while Hamburger lose against Fulham
    - Inter win in the final (but not on penalties) while Hamburger qualifies for the final without beating Fulham and then loses the final (but not on penalties).
    - Inter lose the final on penalties, while Hamburger lose against Fulham.

In any other case, Germany will have the 3rd place and 4 CL spots in 2011/2012.
    That looks really fucked up for Italy, maybe afterall ending up with 3 CL spots could benefit Italian football.

Thanks for the info Alen :tup:

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Adding to that the fact that Italian teams now will have that desire to prove themselves on the European stage now that they lost their beloved place they'll feel like shit, and only when Italians feel that way they start working like Germans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)