UEFA Coefficient (2 Viewers)

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
On the plus side, no more excuses. Now there is objective proof that serie a is lagging in Europe. Unlike in recent years where they hid behind Italy's world cup success and the hiring of foreign coaches to argue serie a's was fine. It is clearly not.

Hopefully the reset button will be pushed and they will examine this failure in detail, which hopefully extends beyond the "mid table teams didn't try hard enough in the UEFA cup" non sense.

New coaches, new tactics, new stadiums, and a clamp down on fans who make the stadium an unpleasant place to visit for young families.
I agree with you here about the stadiums but I doubt this will happen. It will change, but these changes will come very slowly. The problem has been there like forever already.

There are a few coaches though who have applied a more continental style of football, they just don't get the chance to prove it on a big stage. Men like Allegri, Gasperini and Guidolin show a different approach and clearly add to the attractivity of the league.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The whole setup of German football is great.

I'm still not convinced that their best are better than the best Italian sides, but the league is well organised, almost every game is a sell out and always good atmospheres.

Italy should take note.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006

I'm still not convinced that their best are better than the best Italian sides, but the league is well organised, almost every game is a sell out and always good atmospheres.

Italy should take note.
They're German yo, thats what they do best :eyebrows:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Italy should take note.
That's exactly right. The way they do things is right. I don't look at the Bundesliga and think the teams are the same level like-for-like but if it continues it will be that way. They are financially stronger all-round, benefitted by the stronger German economy of course, but also by the whole match day experience. Germany is the best example for Italian teams, rather than the whole prawn sandwich experience in England.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)