Uefa CL draw (2 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I do not believe it, if not that i was nowhere near where the draw was made, i would have been convinced the draw was rigged........by me

I wanted Barcelona, I absolutely wanted Real vs Man u, I didn't want a Milan derby in quarters and also not in the final

I like the idea of cuper going back tyo Valencia and of cos Milan have the opportunity to revenge against Ajax

Looking ahead there is the possibility of real vs barcelona, zizou coming back to turin, juve getting revenge on both manu or real or then again getting stuffed again(hope not)

Milan derby in semis and in the final Ronaldo coming face to face with Inter and Cuper to determine who really is the perennial
loser

In uefa Celtic avoided Porto n Lazio

Marvellous

Adora

Mar 16, 2003
the result is just like what I expected, Milan is always lucky on the CL way,well I just hope we could have chance for semi final that's all.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I like the idea of cuper going back tyo Valencia
This will be interesting indeed. Valencia showed some quality football against Arsenal.

Inter and Cuper to determine who really is the perennial loser
:LOL:

Aug 20, 2002
The draw came out just as i wanted too! I watched it live on eurosport and i was saying i hope they draw this team and it happened each time, but i wanted Celtic to get Porto in the UEFA cup but it wasnt to be, i think we can beat Barca if we play 2 great legs otherwise i can see us drawing home leg and losing away but we are certainly in with a chance.:cool:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I have put my bets on Barca and Juve to win CL so at least one of them will reach the semifinals.

Barcelona was the opponent we wanted but I think the Barcaplayers was hoping to face us too.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
besides Ajax, and Inter, juve is the weakest team. i think we won't even make it past Barca, but it should be a tough fight!

i'm not too happy about playing in Turin first, but those are the rules i guess..

i've dreamed of juve kicking Real Madrid in the Semis then kicking Milan in the Final, and this might come true!! :extatic: though our current European form is not something to brag about :rolleyes:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well.
it looks like the road to thge finals will be a nightmare.
i hope that juve couyls beat barxa. this will be though.

and then, against, manchester or madridç??

oh my...prepapere every body

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
i dopny think taht barka will be easy, but, if we play well, er can do it. the problem will be the next round Ç(if we made it).

but fist barxa

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Am I the only one who doesn't like Barça at all? :undecide: They might be the weakest of the 3 remaning spanish sides, but I think they will cause trouble.

Ajax or Milan would be much better imvho.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Am I the only one who doesn't like Barça at all? :undecide: They might be the weakest of the 3 remaning spanish sides, but I think they will cause trouble.

Ajax or Milan would be much better imvho.
Ajax did not win their group so they would not have had to face us ;)

Valencia would have posed us more probs, its never healthy for 2 clubs from the same country to meet in Europe, cos anything can happen and to be honest over 2 legs I just think Milan woll have the upper hand

Barcelona do allow you room to play and though their results have been impressive, their play has not been all that to be honest but I do fear for our aged defence if the likes of Overmars and Saviola go after them with pace but then again their defence is not that clever and if Puyol and Luis Enrique do not make it then better for us and in Bonano they have a big weakness

Barcelona last met Juve in Europe in 1991, European cup woinners cup where barcelona won the first leg 3-1 with Michael Laudrup tearing Juve apart and we won the second leg 1-0 with Baggio scoring our only goal but we went out and Barcelona went and lost the final 2-1 to Man united which could happen again

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++I like the idea of cuper going back tyo Valencia and of cos Milan have the opportunity to revenge against Ajax
What do you mean revenge? They met eachother twice in a CL (cup winner's cup) final and both won once!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
barca have a good attack and a weak, rather fragile defence. we have a better defence, a worse attack and a worse midfield. and im being pessimistic.

thats the worst that can happen in the game. all we can hope for is that ourplayers are available, on form, lippi's genius shows once again, we don freeze, and the catalans do...

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
Philip Cocu is confident that Barcelona will beat Juventus and believes that the draw has been kind to the Catalan outfit.

The Dutch midfielder knows that the Italian league leaders will be a tough proposition, but is happy to be playing in Turin first.

"Now we are into the knockout stages it will be very tough against Juventus," he explained.

"But the advantage is that we are playing the second leg in Camp Nou.

"The situation is better than it was last year because if we make it to the semi finals we will also play the second match at home.

"As the coach, Raddy Antic, has said we must concentrate on playing as a team and perform to the highest level now we are in the elimination stages."

Antic was keen to remind people that although Juve are seen as strong opponents, the Italians will not be relishing playing his side.

"Juve are very good, but we are Barcelona and we have every possibility of beating them," the Serb trainer said.

Luis Enrique took a slightly more detailed look at the Blaugrana's next challenge in their impressive European campaign.

"This tie will be a complicated one," the Barca captain suggested. "Italian sides always present you with many problems.

"They are very, very strong in defence and have a very good attack.

"But we knew that any of the teams that we could have been paired with were going to be tough because now we are down to the final run-in."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)