UEFA Blasts Chelsea, Why not Real? (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
3. The Scottish Premier League has a rule that states that you must have at least three U21 players in your match-day 16. Rather than helping youth break through, this actually forced Irish International Colin Healy out of the team, as he was 21, and they needed the space for a younger player. Celtic have subequently lost a very promising midfielder, who they can't afford to replace, on a free to Sunderland.

Teams will always have youth players. As there's only so many stars out there, and they actually age with time, so some clubs, particularly those outside the top 20 or 30 on the planet, make an effort to promote youth regardless.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Teams will always have youth players. As there's only so many stars out there, and they actually age with time, so some clubs, particularly those outside the top 20 or 30 on the planet, make an effort to promote youth regardless.
That's the whole thing, though. Chelsea had youth players and were developing more, but they've all been forced out of the team. And, Chellsea bought young stars and stagnated their careers by putting them on the bench, whereas if any other team bought them, they'd be starting. A team with the financial backing of Roman doesn't need to promote youth. Why bother when you can buy everybody else's youth and waste them on your bench?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
That's the whole thing, though. Chelsea had youth players and were developing more, but they've all been forced out of the team. And, Chelsea bought young stars and stagnated their careers by putting them on the bench, whereas if any other team bought them, they'd be starting. A team with the financial backing of Roman doesn't need to promote youth. Why bother when you can buy everybody else's youth and waste them on your bench?
Chelsea's youth players are still there. Huth is comming through - unless another is bought in his place, Johnson (who's 18, don't forget) is starting, while Carlton Cole has been loaned out. Any others, who can't now break through, will be released, and will go to smaller teams, where they can break through.

Chelsea did put young stars on the bench. Guys like Petit, and Veron now struggle to get a game. Oh right, their average age is thirty. Sure, Joe Cole isn't starting any more, but he comes on every game, while Johnson is starting a lot. Who else are they ruining on the bench? Gudjohnson isn't a youth player, Forsell is again on loan - nothing has changed there since Abramovich took over. How's Miccoli doing for Juve this year?

Why bother promoting youth, when you can buy everyone elses'? That's a good question. Where is everyone elses' coming from? That's right. One club in England isn't promoting youth (or are they?), while the other 91 league teams are. Yes, even Man Utd, even Liverpool. OK, maybe not Arsenal. Oh, and Newcastle keep buying everyone elses'. But then, Chelsea are rich. Let's pick on them.

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
Though I understand that the weaknes of EPL is the Loan system. Correct me if I am wrong, but in EPL you can't loan ur players to other club in the same division right.

Another thing, If a club keep on buying players, will the club changed the course of the market transfer radically. I mean take a look since Zidane and Ronaldo came to Juve and Inter, the price goes higher and higher. This means little chance for medium size club (judging on the quality of players, and financial situation to develop). Well yeah we can forget about the small clubs, they are in a very difficult situation no matter what.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by desireless ] ++
Though I understand that the weaknes of EPL is the Loan system. Correct me if I am wrong, but in EPL you can't loan ur players to other club in the same division right.

Another thing, If a club keep on buying players, will the club changed the course of the market transfer radically. I mean take a look since Zidane and Ronaldo came to Juve and Inter, the price goes higher and higher. This means little chance for medium size club (judging on the quality of players, and financial situation to develop). Well yeah we can forget about the small clubs, they are in a very difficult situation no matter what.
That used to be that case. That's been relaxed this year, though you're still limited to two domestic loans or something. Carlton Cole's been loaned to Charlton, Francis Jeffers has been loaned back to Everton, Zendan has been loaned to Middelsboro and Mikhail Forsell has been loaned to someone else (I forget :confused: ).

Sure, the big clubs drive inflation, but the financial plight of little clubs, and even medium-sized ones, means that the prices of non-superstars has deflated considerably.

Besides, when a rich club comes knocking for your players, you just stick a zero onto the end of your valuation of him, and the little club gets a big cash injection.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++
That's the whole thing, though. Chelsea had youth players and were developing more, but they've all been forced out of the team. And, Chellsea bought young stars and stagnated their careers by putting them on the bench, whereas if any other team bought them, they'd be starting. A team with the financial backing of Roman doesn't need to promote youth. Why bother when you can buy everybody else's youth and waste them on your bench?
UPDATE:

There are very strong rumours going on that Abramovic is about to buy FC Eindhoven and use it as a sattelite club to place Chelsea's youngsters.

I laughed at this at first but these rumours just won't go away so I'm starting to think that maybe this ridiculous plan could come into effect :undecide:

When you look at the facts, I suppose it's not that unlikely. FC Eindhove are in financial trouble, looking for a buyer or major sponsor. Their team is made up of retiring former-Dutch Premier League players and their youth academy is virtually non-existent because PSV have a monopoly in the region.

It would be a very cheap solution for Abramovic and Chelsea!

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
why not?....i would really love for someone to give some problems to PSV :fero: the only downside is that the players from chelsea will be given a priority over the hometalent

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Hm true but in case of FC Eindhoven, there is hardly any hometalent - they are all at PSV.

Lac - you're right, but it's always been like that already, no? I mean, players move away from Holland at very young age if they're any good!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
matto yeah your right, but as far as i know it benefits the clubs financially if/when the player leaves right?
Not since Bosman, it don't, though the new(ish) EU rules should see that stopped.

The thing is, if Chelski are loaning their young stars to the club, it'll raise the standard of the league. And they couldn't just recall them every other week either - they'd have to leave them contracted there to let them be eligable for European football.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

UPDATE:

There are very strong rumours going on that Abramovic is about to buy FC Eindhoven and use it as a sattelite club to place Chelsea's youngsters.

I laughed at this at first but these rumours just won't go away so I'm starting to think that maybe this ridiculous plan could come into effect :undecide:
:dontcare: rumors also flying around that abromovich is buying parma...no? ohh, make up ur mind already roman....:groan:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
It's also rumoured that he's going to buy the Jordan F1 team. I reckon it's all grubby little chairmen trying to engineer a rise in their stock.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
theres rumours circulating around here that he might purchase our high school, and will extend our summer vacations another 1 month.

the students want the directors to step down. demonstrations are being held as we speak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)