UEFA Blasts Chelsea, Why not Real? (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Hold on their killer. You are, of course, forgetting Ajax...
When I said huge O meant financially cos as far as i know Ajax are not exactly rich thats why anyone comes in with any kind of big money they have no option but to sell

About all those who are saying Roman has made Epl more competitive. More competitive how? Chelsea were always one of the only 4 teams that could win the league so whats new there

It just means that now that there are 3 genuine contenders not 2 so that does not make a great difference.

Like Lac said there is no foundation just buy , buy and buy again

And to tacch whatever please give me a break who cares where Real gets the money from, they are Real Madrid and that will never change

As for Chelsea,it looks rosy now but Roman is not a football man, he has just bought a hockey team and is interested in formula 1, so its just all business for him

What would happen to Chelsea football club if and when he gets bored of the team and football in general

Sighting Milan, Juve, Man united , Liverpool and other big clubs is not the point, they would always be stable because they have a very high fan base world wide but Chelsea if they fall , they would definitely go to administration and that worries me more than the brief and it would be brief stilt at the title

By the way lay off Real madrid, its not their fautl they are the most successful team in the world and what they do is no different to what we do to Parma so take off your blinkers

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
When I said huge O meant financially cos as far as i know Ajax are not exactly rich thats why anyone comes in with any kind of big money they have no option but to sell
But, isn't that the whole point? I mean isn't the point that a team can, in fact be very successful in europe on their youth system alone? Ajax has proved that.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Again i was not talking about their success or lack of it , in that context i was referring to financial resources
And when you say success in Europe, I hope you do know that its been 8 years since they won the cup

And in recent times , I do believe Psv have been more succesful domestically

Jul 12, 2002
Again i was not talking about their success or lack of it , in that context i was referring to financial resources
And when you say success in Europe, I hope you do know that its been 8 years since they won the cup
Right, so it's been eight years since they won the cup...how long has it been since Chelsea won it? What about Arsenal?

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
We seem to be digressing but to answer your question, never, the point i am trying to make is that having a good youth system does not go hand in hand with being a huge club

Jul 12, 2002
We seem to be digressing but to answer your question, never, the point i am trying to make is that having a good youth system does not go hand in hand with being a huge club
And the point that I am making is that relying on your youth system does no t make you a weak club.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
ian you are right. relying on your youth does not make you a weak club. but teams who do that usually are financially weak which often means they are also weak in terms of image and prestige. its usually the smaller teams who do focus on youth simply because they cannot afford multi-million dollar purchases(not enough funds/capital), nor can they make a lot of money selling merchandise or tickets(lack of image/prestige).

this is what defines a club like ajax. but part of the reason ajax are not recognised as well as they are is because of the culture in the netherlands. the club's achievement isnt appreciated as much as a club in england or italy would be.

ajax is in no way a weak club. they just are not on par with clubs like juve or milan not only in terms of prestige but also in terms of capital. and that is why they have traditionally preferred to sell their star players rather than hold onto them because profit/money was obviously more of a priority to them than building a strong squad.

as far as denco's point goes a healthy club will have a thriving youth system. it has many benefits and indeed few drawbacks if any.

RM is a special case. in fact it is debatable what their priorities really are- money or trophies. buying star players suggests money, but they are after trophies as well as is evident in the effort they make to play well despite the number of egos on the field.

even the sacking of their coach was mysterious imho.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
ian you are right. relying on your youth does not make you a weak club. but teams who do that usually are financially weak which often means they are also weak in terms of image and prestige. its usually the smaller teams who do focus on youth simply because they cannot afford multi-million dollar purchases(not enough funds/capital), nor can they make a lot of money selling merchandise or tickets(lack of image/prestige).

this is what defines a club like ajax. but part of the reason ajax are not recognised as well as they are is because of the culture in the netherlands. the club's achievement isnt appreciated as much as a club in england or italy would be.

ajax is in no way a weak club. they just are not on par with clubs like juve or milan not only in terms of prestige but also in terms of capital. and that is why they have traditionally preferred to sell their star players rather than hold onto them because profit/money was obviously more of a priority to them than building a strong squad.

as far as denco's point goes a healthy club will have a thriving youth system. it has many benefits and indeed few drawbacks if any.

RM is a special case. in fact it is debatable what their priorities really are- money or trophies. buying star players suggests money, but they are after trophies as well as is evident in the effort they make to play well despite the number of egos on the field.

even the sacking of their coach was mysterious imho.
Bah. Real's only objective is furthering Perez's ego.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
I think you're giving them too much credit there on your last point... there's no reason that they wouldn't chase after trophies, just because they've got all those egos. If anything, egos will make them want to win trophies all the more. Football is a business, and remember, trophies = money.

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
And to tacch whatever please give me a break who cares where Real gets the money from, they are Real Madrid and that will never change
Denco,

I'm sorry, but there is something I must say, even if you don't agree.

Please feel free to stop reading.

May I start now?

The proper way to get out of debt, in my opinion. is to go the way that Lazio did - selling stars, cutting wages and so on.

If you lose because of that, tough, that's your own problem because it is your own fault that you overspend.

And if you fail that, go bust like Fiorentina and start find someone else to start again.

Begging the government to bail you out is NOT doing justice to all other properly ran clubs, including Juventus.

What will you feel if AC Milan or Roma or other big clubs in Italy go bust because it keeps overspending, only for the government to bail it out, and the cllub in turn poach Juventus' best players with ridiculous money?

No one in their sound mind should accept the attitude, or "that will never change" of Real Madrid. The arrogance of the Spanish side MUST change.

And unfortunately the club is getting away with it because everyone keep saying how good they are. But let's not ingore how they became the super star team they are now.

Real Madrid must be punished for a) spending money that they don't have and b) brining other law obeying clubs to disrepute.

And my nickname here is Tacca03, not "tacch whatever". It is rather impolite to call someone else's name wrong delibarately, but I'll give yo the benefit of the doubt.

Aug 1, 2003
i confess myself confused~ all of you write replies which are super long and i don't really get it, so can someone explain to me, why can uefa blast chelsea and not madrid and the likes?

p/s: it is a bit unfair of aigner to blast chelsea alone for that matter, but i can't say im too happy with the chelsea transfers myself.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Are u laughing at the Dutch league?
I'm just saying it's not that big a deal to win a lot in the Dutch league overall. PSV haven't even managed to get beyond the first group stage in the CL in the past 7 years!

Ajax on the other hand only unluckily lost in the quarter finals just last season.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
erik but traditionally success in the league precedes success in europe. emphasis on traditionally since the eredivisie will have nothing to do with it :D

maybe its just the luck of the draw.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Tacca03 ] ++

Denco,

I'm sorry, but there is something I must say, even if you don't agree.

Please feel free to stop reading.

May I start now?

The proper way to get out of debt, in my opinion. is to go the way that Lazio did - selling stars, cutting wages and so on.

If you lose because of that, tough, that's your own problem because it is your own fault that you overspend.

And if you fail that, go bust like Fiorentina and start find someone else to start again.

Begging the government to bail you out is NOT doing justice to all other properly ran clubs, including Juventus.

What will you feel if AC Milan or Roma or other big clubs in Italy go bust because it keeps overspending, only for the government to bail it out, and the cllub in turn poach Juventus' best players with ridiculous money?

No one in their sound mind should accept the attitude, or "that will never change" of Real Madrid. The arrogance of the Spanish side MUST change.

And unfortunately the club is getting away with it because everyone keep saying how good they are. But let's not ingore how they became the super star team they are now.

Real Madrid must be punished for a) spending money that they don't have and b) brining other law obeying clubs to disrepute.

And my nickname here is Tacca03, not "tacch whatever". It is rather impolite to call someone else's name wrong deliberately, but I'll give yo the benefit of the doubt.
I do apologise profoundly if i offended you with the name bit it is your nickname and I would not have done so if I was referring to your real name, but again I apologise

What I don't like about your post is that it seems to be bored out of hatred of Real Madrid and its not in any way objective

What do u mean by asking the government to bail you out? Do you know this for a fact or you do not know that during the 80s and early 90s Real Madrid were not spending big or buying superstars like they are doing now

The combination of Perez and Valdano have kinda changed the way they are building their squad but make no mistake about it, they do have a good youth policy

Can I just ask you why do u think Queiroz is the manager? Do you not think it is because he has a good reputaion of bringing on youth team players and he would he bring on the youth players that are coming through.

You say they tapped Zidane , Ronaldo and co but what you fail to say is that there are few great players in the world who would not want to play in the famous white shirts of Real

Also are you trying to say they don't make money off the image rights of their stars , they actually take 50% unlike other clubs in which some players have 100% of their image rights

The King of Spain is a Real Madrid fan so whats the problem there

Matto-----maybe the dutch title is not as prestigious as some other bigger leagues but at the end of the day, which would u rather tell your kids, your team won the league a number of times recently or that you nearly got to the semis of the Cl once

Jul 12, 2002
The King of Spain is a Real Madrid fan so whats the problem there
Come on Denco, don't act so naive. You and I both know that Real has the favour of the King and they derive funds from that relationship. (I'm trying to make it sounds as legitimate as possible, but it isn't.)

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
Denco,

I guess now the nickname thing is a thing of the past, and I salute you for showing class about that matter.

And you're right about me have an extreme hatre for Real Madird.

I actually turned down an offer to interview them - I'm a journalist you see - when they came to Hong Kong during the summer. I didn't want my personal feelings affect my work you see.

But I think my feelings abou them are justisfied after hearing things that my colleges and other fellow reporters told me about their "exploits" in Hong Kong.

Anyway, enough about myself, and now lets refer back to your post.

It seems you missed my point to some extend. You were talking about youth policy but actually I did not say anything about that.

I simply don't have an opionion about thier youth policy. The same goes for the image right thing.

But my initial opinion about it is that if it is not illegal and does notm affect other clubs - hey, being mean to your own player doesn't bring other clubs into disrupte right? - then there is nothing we outsiders should comment about.

Also Real are mean too. Let's not forget how they treated Del Bosque and Hierro.

And there are sure big name players who doesn't want to play for Real, for various reason.

Some examples:

Mekelele just left Real because of money, Patrick Vieria of Arsenal dissed Real Madrid recently, Guti threaten to quit because his lack of playing time - although he eventually stayed, that shows the name "Real Madrid" is NOT everything.

What I'm concerned is the, although you may not agree, unethical transfer policy that Real Madrid have.

I swear to god that I was not lying abou the government handout incident, where Real Madrid, when facing bankrupcy, was bailed out by the government who bought their stadium for hundreds of millions of pounds..

But I'm sorry I can't remember where I got that information from (maybe some other experienced journalists? I can't remember...).

Anyway, I guess - correct me if I'm wrong - that you're a Real Madrid fan and you would not care one bit about the justice and ethic thing I've been talking about for so long.

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Come on Denco, don't act so naive. You and I both know that Real has the favour of the King and they derive funds from that relationship. (I'm trying to make it sounds as legitimate as possible, but it isn't.)
Well siad Rickenbacker2, you summed by my essays in just one sentence!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)