UEFA Blasts Chelsea, Why not Real? (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

well, i think chelsea has a better financial background than all of those put together. yes, is roman is bored, they are screwed. on the other hand, they can sell cause players are still young. real madrid may be in trouble cause their stars are ageing and in couple of years they'll only have raul beckham and ronaldo in their 30s. with portillo, guti and casillas from that OUTSTANDING youth system. that should keep them away from relegation
Before Roman came around Chelsea were in £200m debt so I don't know what you are talking about

Raul is 25 , Ronaldo is 27, Morientes is 26, Carlos can go on forever only ZZ and Figo are in trouble in my view age wise and Real Madrid are a huge club not just a johnny come lately to the big boy's club

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
They are a huge club,,,but not thanks to their youth system, thanks to their money.

The point is that meanwhile that policy reings in real,,,players like raul bravo will be always in the shadows of zidane and ronaldo. (IM not mentioning raull, because he is form the real yotuh product right?)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
But raul Bravo is playing and he is not that good so I am not sure why you keep mentioning him
Pavon plays, so does Rueben, Portillo plays and Cassillas is now Spain's numberone (at leats he did not cost £33m)

Nobody is huge because of youth policy, its just nice to see someone come through the ranks but it never makes you a big club and noone has said so

They have money because they have won 29 la liga titles, 9 Ec/cls , not like Chelsea who have 1 title in the 50s, and some cups

If Juventus went out and bought players worth £100m in a season noone would make much noise becasue they are a big club and don't necessarily need a benefactor to survive but Roman for one does not love Chelsea as he was initially going for man united but they said no then he went to Tottenham and they turned him down as well

Its a bit like Rupert Murdoch and we all know how he is popular in the sports world

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Raul bravo is just an example. And all the others you say play just because real dont want to spend money in that areas, its not their policy to spend in Defensive players, but can be esceptions if the player is a big name and could be used as marketing purpouses.

I didnt include casillas in my previous post because he is from the raul (gonzalez) bunch.

BUt in the attacking positions...this players will never play continously and will end in leaving the club for a better future.

About abramovich.. we reached a conclution already.

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
Has anyone actually thought about this?

Clubs like Real are spending money they don't have - the Spanish government (or the Madrid government I'm not sure) are pumping money into the club - to buy players at rediculous prices.

The government paid hundreds of millions to buy Real Madrid's stadium, which Real Madrid continues to use.

Real Madrid going bust would do damage to the city and the country as a whole, that's what they claimed.

At the other hand, Chelsea are spending the money they actually have.

And in a free economy, we should have not problem with that.

So tell Real Madrid, the "blood suckers" as some top brass of the Asian Football Confedaration called them, they should be ashamed about the buying policy they have.

Also, let's not forget how Real Madrid get their players. The club always unsettle the player they want first, bring the selling club into disrupte, and force them to sell the play.

UEFA should say, and indeed do, something about that, not how Chelsea spend their money.

As a Juvetus fan I'll never forgive what Real Madrid poached Zidane from us.

Ah, I simply can't find enough words for my hatre for Real Madrid.

By the way, for those who want other clubs to field "young talents" you should propose rules to make clubs play the kids.

But I'm 1000% sure clubs like Real Madrid would be the first to object.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Tacca - Real did not poach Zidane from us, he wanted to go there.

I'm surprised by some of the comments. So what if Chelsea are buying players? You gonna blast them just cos they made the English League more interesting? At least now there are 3 teams fighting for the league not the usual 2.

Big deal if Abramovich is buying, he loves football and anyone of us would do the same if we were in his situation. I bet whoever plays CM does the same thing when he has loads of cash in the bank!

Actually he's helping the football world, cos he buys in cash and therefore there's more liquid assets in the hands of clubs now who can buy in cash as well, rather than buy without having any money.

Thank you Abramovich for helping football :)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeps,,,sadly,,,zidane left becase he wanted to win the CL. And the fokin lucky guy did it at the first try.

About abravomich.... yeah excellent about the league. IMO this will make the EPL,, much more interesting than before. BUT,,,, tell the same thing to the youth chelsea players that are waiting his oppotunity.

Abramovich will do a good thing if he not just only spend in players, but spend in what that have to do with chelsea,,,and maybe he could be a hero for chelsea forever.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

I'm surprised by some of the comments. So what if Chelsea are buying players? You gonna blast them just cos they made the English League more interesting? At least now there are 3 teams fighting for the league not the usual 2.

Big deal if Abramovich is buying, he loves football and anyone of us would do the same if we were in his situation. I bet whoever plays CM does the same thing when he has loads of cash in the bank!

Actually he's helping the football world, cos he buys in cash and therefore there's more liquid assets in the hands of clubs now who can buy in cash as well, rather than buy without having any money.

Thank you Abramovich for helping football :)

Well said :thumb:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Before Roman came around Chelsea were in £200m debt so I don't know what you are talking about

Raul is 25 , Ronaldo is 27, Morientes is 26, Carlos can go on forever only ZZ and Figo are in trouble in my view age wise and Real Madrid are a huge club not just a johnny come lately to the big boy's club
i meant chelsea is in better financial situation now than roma, atl. madrid and lazio were some time ago put together. that guy is billionaire. yes, if he leaves chelsea is destroyed. but why should he. you buy a team that wins, you get your money back. i think that's what roman wants. and if he trully loves football and chelsea he won't leave even if next couple of year won't be that successful as everyone now assumes.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
This is a reallly interesting topic i must say. Ok to start with Chelsea are not hurting the youth system in the football world by revolutionizing their squad. If any club in the world had money like this, they would go about buying players like there's no tomorrow as Chelsea has done. And why not? If they feel it will bring them the success(whether it is right or wrong is besides the point). and attention they need then so be it. There is nothing wrong in doing this. And if anything they are making for more competition in the world of football. And that is always welcome. As for the youth system being affected, i dont think it will be. Talent comes to the fore no matter where a player might play (on the training ground, in the youth squad, on loan). These comments are more derogatory than anything. If Barca, Man, Juve, Bayern or anyother powerhouse had done the same, there wouldnt have been such a hue and cry about it. Why? Because those clubs have a right to be succesful??
I dont agree at all Mr. Aigner.

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Well, ZZ wanted to go because he had been contacted by Real Madrid BEFORE a deal was agreed with Juvetus.

He wanted to go to Madrid, then the Spanish club came broke the bank to buy him, hmmm...a bit dodgy to say the least!!

Just re-read the comments he made before the move, then those Ronaldo made before his, and you'll see what I mean about Real Madrid poaching players.

They always do the same f**king thing!

++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++Thank you Abramovich for helping football :)
Good point my freind. I love it when someone rocks the boat - not in Italy though so that Juvetus can keep winning! (I've no moral when it comes to supporting Juve!)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Good point my freind. I love it when someone rocks the boat - not in Italy though so that Juvetus can keep winning! (I've no moral when it comes to supporting Juve!)
Though it would be interesting to have another russian tycoon buying a Reggina or Siena. Would make it interesting :)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
They will not destroy the youth product itself...but definitely the young players will never have a chance to play. And thats the truth. If abramovich continues buying world class, or almost world class strikers and mids,,, the young ones will never have a chance, and thats inevitable in that policy.

Look at real Madrid,, that raul bravo...he will hardly have a secured first team spot in real madrid,,,even in 10 years...and he is very promising.

OK you can say about raul and casillas...but we must remember that in the time raul was emerging...real madrid didnt had that policy,,or at least, not right now. There was a different president...and although real madrid was a great team. What i want to point,, is for example, if raul was a 20 years old player NOW,,,and there were players like ronaldo and lets say....Mutu in the front of real madrid.....you think that they will let him play??

Maybe we would never had known the raul that we know today.
But where do these "world class" players come from? Someone has to bring through young players, or there won't be any players at all! No matter how many Abrahmovichs there are, teams will still give yoiuth a chance. Maybe not the top teams, but they only account for a tiny fraction of the teams around. Besides, for every Chelsea and Blackburn, there's a Man Utd or a Liverpool who build their team around youth players.

You say that Raul wouldn't have gotten his chance if he was just emerging? Portillo is like a clone of Raul - he's just come through the youth teams, breaking records set by Raul, and he's getting plenty of playing time at Madrid. He's their third striker, and comes on almost every game.

Even Baggio had to make way for Del Piero. The best teams have the best managers, by and large, and the best managers know talent when they see it.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Nobody is huge because of youth policy, its just nice to see someone come through the ranks but it never makes you a big club and noone has said so
Hold on their killer. You are, of course, forgetting Ajax...

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
I simply have no problems with Roman's spending...in fact I agree very much with Zizou that this will somehow lead to the Premiere League becoming more exciting to follow - creating a new competition altogether. I've always asked myself, "When the heck will this guy ever stop spending? He's bought one great player after another, and can't seem to want to stop :eek:" But l'm not complaining. It is his own money, and he can do whatever he wants with it.

The only thing I don't like about this new acquisitions is that, they loan out those players whom they already have - good promising ones :( In fact, I was really looking forward to seeing Forsell get a chance to play once again for Chelsea after his loan at Mochengladbach (sp?) but in turn he's loaned out to Birmingham City :frown:

-S-

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
ian- right now i wouldnt consided ajax among the best clubs. they certainly were a couple years back but right now are only recovering from something of a slump not only in their performance and ability but also the quality of their youth- something i find directly proportional. i think they will need time to get back to where they were at. and besides now we have psv who are a lot fiercer in terms of competition than before.

sarah- what chelsea have failed to do is build a proper core. they have stars in every imaginable position defence upwards and this just might be their downfall where egos and their performance on the pitch are concerned.

besides that it was a little redundant to see their purchases replace the young potential stars they had simply because any other option would have been a waste or something or the other. u can hope they sell a couple of their stars next season and then forsell can come back in...thats the most likely way the kids will come through.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
ian- right now i wouldnt consided ajax among the best clubs. they certainly were a couple years back but right now are only recovering from something of a slump not only in their performance and ability but also the quality of their youth- something i find directly proportional. i think they will need time to get back to where they were at. and besides now we have psv who are a lot fiercer in terms of competition than before.
What are you on? The wuality of their youth is suffering? Let's look at the stars they had in their squad last year that they got from the youth system:

Andy Van der Meyde
Rafael Van der Vaart
Nigel de Jong
Yakubu
John O'brien
Zlatan Ibrahimovich
Mido
Maarten Stekelenburg
Trablesi
Christian Chivu
there are more too...

and they went pretty far in last year's CL. Now, they did sell some of that talent, but we have yet to see how good they are this year. But, the point is that they are one of europe's top teams and they got that way through the youth system.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
ian all these players have peaked relatively recently. after their famous mid 90s rocketing if you dont think they experienced a slump after that then you must be joking. they have just been recovering from the slump maybe 2 or 3 seasons ago.

as far as them being among the top- they have to do well in europe to show themselves capable- a redundant point. i know for a fact they have not peaked yet in terms of their ability and strength of their squad/game but i will give them a season or two and hope that their coach and core players stay put.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)