UAPs (4 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Since this topic has reached the (American) politics and we’re way passed the point of 60s abduction conspiracies I think it’s right to open a thread on this specific topic.

Today was a hearing in Congress with 3 whistleblowers. Besides that, NASA is doing research on these phenomena, they hosted a public meeting very recently

For those who don’t have the 2,5 hours to listen to the YouTube video I recommend reading this article about it: https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/uf...s-whistleblower-conference-david-grusch-2023/

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
U Picciriddu
Jun 16, 2020
  • Thread Starter #6

The clip doesn't say anything specific, but it still sounds bizzare and intriguing lol
    It’s crazy. I’ve never been a UFO guy until I understood the resumes of the whistleblowers. This are serious people who have a lot to lose.

Never did I expect hearing these type of conversations in the open in Congress

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
    The open-minded mystic in me thinks this is all really cool, and I'm excited to see where all of this conversation and info leads.

The cynic in me suspects this is the US army looking for yet more funding to fight threats that are so dangerous we can't even see them.

Btw

I really recommend everybody read Carl Jung's essay on 'Flying Saucers' as he called them. Jung wrote extensively on his conceptualisation of the human psyche, and in that essay he affirms that whether or not they are physically real is of less importance than what he really understood was happening - the UFO phenomenon is the latest in a long line of myths that illustrate human history. Myths were a really important part of his work, as their congruency and ubiquitousness across the spectrum of human societies seem to point to shared aspects of the wider psyche of humanity- what Jung referred to as the Collective Unconscious, where as human beings we have a shared heritage of motifs and images from which we draw our myths, stories, concept of reality and therefore much of our lived experience. He called them archetypes, Plato had the same idea with his Forms.

What I find especially interesting is *I'm about to get hella esoteric here, but if not in this thread then where, right? :grin: * what Jung mentioned in that many of the pervading myths share characteristics with the correspondences of the sign of that astrological age as per the precession of the equinox. This is a whole other can of worms, but in short Jung studied astrology extensively in his work when founding the analytical school of psychology, and found it a useful tool- not one working on a causal basis as does the world made of atoms and governed by the laws of chemistry and physics, but one which worked via what he called 'synchronicity': an "a-causal connecting principle"; which is much closer to how the subconscious and unconscious parts of the psyche work.

To illustrate: both the myth of Christ and the myths of the Buddha follow similar threads in their teachings. These include forgoing material desires in favour of spiritual ones, compassion, empathy, love and charity. These are all decidedly Piscean traits, and we have been in the age of Pisces for the past two millennia. Even the idea of 'surrender' which is in the word 'Islam' has a link to Pisces, and from little I understand of Islam's teachings it also teaches Piscean ideals like pursuit of spiritual riches rather than material. These are three Piscean religions for the Piscean Age. I know more about the piscean motifs in christianity, and they include the word 'episcopalian', catholic bishop mitres shaped like fish heads, in scripture the repeated mention of fish: 'a fisher of men', the miracle of the fishes, the loaves and the fishes, the Ichthys, Jesus given fish to eat after his resurrection to name some. The recurrence of the washing of the feet is interesting because Pisces rules the feet. Then of course the baptism through water. I don't know, but I suspect those compiling the bible may have known that they were writing a Piscean myth, and I suspect that because of the importance in the story of astrologers following signs in the stars to find the prototype Piscean man at his birth.

By contrast, Judaism strongly correlates with Aries, with the blowing of the ram's horn, Abraham seeing a Ram when he's stopped from sacrificing Isaac, the smearing of the Lamb's blood to ward off the plagues, the designs given in Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers for the tabernacle adorned with Ram's heads, Moses being described as having horns, and notably his fury at the Israelites worshipping a bull; which represented the previous age of Taurus. There are other myths from the same era which have similar characteristics. Romulus and Remus were cast out as kids, but were raised as kings (like Moses). Jason and the Argonauts were pursuing a golden ram's fleece, in Greece Theseus was a bull-slayer, Egypt attempted monotheism with Amun-Ra the ram-headed sphynx and in Persia the cult of Mithra emerged, who was also a bull-slayer.

The point is Jung looked forward and considered what sort of myths we could expect in the incoming Age of Aquarius. He concluded that the UFO phenomenon was one such myth. We already have Scientology, which has a mythology based around ETs. The probable incoming of worship (or similar) of AI systems would also be strongly aquarian. Aquarius is linked to the archetypes of the mad scientist, the inventor and, especially through its ruling planet Uranus, high science and high technology. The other main thing is humanitarianism- which tbh we can see how existential threats to humanity have been emerging in the last century or so via nuclear weapons, global warming and of course the threat of alien invasion. The more any/all of these factors (or myths if you rather) lead humanity to work more closely together rather than to divide ourselves further and to develop technological solutions to these global problems the more Aquarian we'll be acting.

This was probably hard to follow, sorry lol. Main point is that for me the physical truth of the UFO stuff isn't as interesting as what it represents in a wider picture and the wider frame of history.

- - - Updated - - -

1690453951634.png

OP
    U Picciriddu
    Jun 16, 2020
  • Thread Starter #11
    The open-minded mystic in me thinks this is all really cool, and I'm excited to see where all of this conversation and info leads.

The cynic in me suspects this is the US army looking for yet more funding to fight threats that are so dangerous we can't even see them.

Btw

I really recommend everybody read Carl Jung's essay on 'Flying Saucers' as he called them. Jung wrote extensively on his conceptualisation of the human psyche, and in that essay he affirms that whether or not they are physically real is of less importance than what he really understood was happening - the UFO phenomenon is the latest in a long line of myths that illustrate human history. Myths were a really important part of his work, as their congruency and ubiquitousness across the spectrum of human societies seem to point to shared aspects of the wider psyche of humanity- what Jung referred to as the Collective Unconscious, where as human beings we have a shared heritage of motifs and images from which we draw our myths, stories, concept of reality and therefore much of our lived experience. He called them archetypes, Plato had the same idea with his Forms.

What I find especially interesting is *I'm about to get hella esoteric here, but if not in this thread then where, right? :grin: * what Jung mentioned in that many of the pervading myths share characteristics with the correspondences of the sign of that astrological age as per the precession of the equinox. This is a whole other can of worms, but in short Jung studied astrology extensively in his work when founding the analytical school of psychology, and found it a useful tool- not one working on a causal basis as does the world made of atoms and governed by the laws of chemistry and physics, but one which worked via what he called 'synchronicity': an "a-causal connecting principle"; which is much closer to how the subconscious and unconscious parts of the psyche work.

To illustrate: both the myth of Christ and the myths of the Buddha follow similar threads in their teachings. These include forgoing material desires in favour of spiritual ones, compassion, empathy, love and charity. These are all decidedly Piscean traits, and we have been in the age of Pisces for the past two millennia. Even the idea of 'surrender' which is in the word 'Islam' has a link to Pisces, and from little I understand of Islam's teachings it also teaches Piscean ideals like pursuit of spiritual riches rather than material. These are three Piscean religions for the Piscean Age. I know more about the piscean motifs in christianity, and they include the word 'episcopalian', catholic bishop mitres shaped like fish heads, in scripture the repeated mention of fish: 'a fisher of men', the miracle of the fishes, the loaves and the fishes, the Ichthys, Jesus given fish to eat after his resurrection to name some. The recurrence of the washing of the feet is interesting because Pisces rules the feet. Then of course the baptism through water. I don't know, but I suspect those compiling the bible may have known that they were writing a Piscean myth, and I suspect that because of the importance in the story of astrologers following signs in the stars to find the prototype Piscean man at his birth.

By contrast, Judaism strongly correlates with Aries, with the blowing of the ram's horn, Abraham seeing a Ram when he's stopped from sacrificing Isaac, the smearing of the Lamb's blood to ward off the plagues, the designs given in Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers for the tabernacle adorned with Ram's heads, Moses being described as having horns, and notably his fury at the Israelites worshipping a bull; which represented the previous age of Taurus. There are other myths from the same era which have similar characteristics. Romulus and Remus were cast out as kids, but were raised as kings (like Moses). Jason and the Argonauts were pursuing a golden ram's fleece, in Greece Theseus was a bull-slayer, Egypt attempted monotheism with Amun-Ra the ram-headed sphynx and in Persia the cult of Mithra emerged, who was also a bull-slayer.

The point is Jung looked forward and considered what sort of myths we could expect in the incoming Age of Aquarius. He concluded that the UFO phenomenon was one such myth. We already have Scientology, which has a mythology based around ETs. The probable incoming of worship (or similar) of AI systems would also be strongly aquarian. Aquarius is linked to the archetypes of the mad scientist, the inventor and, especially through its ruling planet Uranus, high science and high technology. The other main thing is humanitarianism- which tbh we can see how existential threats to humanity have been emerging in the last century or so via nuclear weapons, global warming and of course the threat of alien invasion. The more any/all of these factors (or myths if you rather) lead humanity to work more closely together rather than to divide ourselves further and to develop technological solutions to these global problems the more Aquarian we'll be acting.

This was probably hard to follow, sorry lol. Main point is that for me the physical truth of the UFO stuff isn't as interesting as what it represents in a wider picture and the wider frame of history.

- - - Updated - - -

1690453951634.png
    There’s a deep relationship between Christianity and astrology. Once you see it you can’t ignore it, such as Catholic art, many holidays who relate to the Earths position in relationship to the sun, many churches who face towards the east (sun comes from the east), Jesus his story with the resurrection, the sun cross as ancient symbol, etc. Its a very interesting rabbit hole but to be honest I don’t see a connection between mythology/(ancient) religion and visual sightings on radar in this modern era.

Its quite funny though that Christianity kinda opposes astrology while the book of Genesis portrays the sun and stars as lamps. I’ve been trying to figure the connection between the two out for some time now but didn’t really succeeded

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
    There’s a deep relationship between Christianity and astrology. Once you see it you can’t ignore it, such as Catholic art, many holidays who relate to the Earths position in relationship to the sun, many churches who face towards the east (sun comes from the east), Jesus his story with the resurrection, the sun cross as ancient symbol, etc. Its a very interesting rabbit hole but to be honest I don’t see a connection between mythology/(ancient) religion and visual sightings on radar in this modern era.

Its quite funny though that Christianity kinda opposes astrology while the book of Genesis portrays the sun and stars as lamps. I’ve been trying to figure the connection between the two out for some time now but didn’t really succeeded
    In most cases, the now Christian holidays were originally holidays for pagans or other older religions, who did took and inspiration from the starts indeed. So the link is not direct i guess :) Christmas was original winter solstice- we have no idea about when Jesus was supposedly born (if he existed at all), so other significant holiday was chosen. Same with Easter or any other now Christian holiday.

OP
    U Picciriddu
    Jun 16, 2020
  • Thread Starter #18
    I had the exact same thought. Like why is only the USA reporting on this?
    They arent. I was asking myself the same and I came across this video yesterday, it dates from 2013 with representatives from the UK, China, Italy, South-America and France

Basically what we find in this rabbit hole are many stories but no disclosure from any government. Some date back to the '30s in Italy.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I was hoping for Jackie Chan to lay down a flash jump wheel kick on the panel, but I was severely disappointed.

I am not watching the sequel. :angrymob:

OP
    U Picciriddu
    Jun 16, 2020
  • Thread Starter #20
    In most cases, the now Christian holidays were originally holidays for pagans or other older religions, who did took and inspiration from the starts indeed. So the link is not direct i guess :) Christmas was original winter solstice- we have no idea about when Jesus was supposedly born (if he existed at all), so other significant holiday was chosen. Same with Easter or any other now Christian holiday.
    I know but the church basically had 1700 years to find more convenient dates since Constantine adopted Christianity, so I always find that argument strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)