U21: Italy 4-0 Sweden (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
U21: Four-Star Azzurrini
Tuesday 27 April, 2004

Alberto Gilardino confirmed his fantastic form with a brace in tonight’s 4-0 international friendly win over Sweden.

It took the Parma hitman just 27 minutes to hit the back of the net twice in this last test before the European Under-21 Championships.

The opening goal came after a Marco Donadel free kick caused panic in the box, but after Giuseppe Sculli’s effort rattled the crossbar Gilardino was ready to pounce with a close-range header.

The Azzurrini laid siege to Alvbage’s net with Sculli and Cristian Zaccardo going close, but just before the half-hour mark Gilardino rifled in a fierce left-foot strike.

It was one of the star forward’s final contributions, as he was substituted soon after for Brescia’s Andrea Caracciolo. The Parma man was allowed to rest, although some claim he will make a surprise senior debut in tomorrow’s match against Spain.

Coach Claudio Gentile made a series of changes during the second half but Italy continued to dominate as Sculli set up Caracciolo’s header for a third.

Chievo striker Sculli played a hand in every goal and put his own name on the scoresheet by nodding in Bologna fullback Zaccardo’s cross.

Italy 4-0 Sweden

Scorers: Gilardino 9, 27 (I), Caracciolo 51 (I), Sculli 73 (I)

Italy U21: Agliardi (Zotti 46); Zaccardo, Bonera (Potenza 46), Barzagli (Bovo 63), Moretti (Chiellini 56); Mesto, Palombo (D'Agostino 53), Donadel (Brighi 46), Del Nero; Sculli, Gilardino (Caracciolo 33)

Sweden U21: Alvbage, M Andersson (Stenman 65), Antonsson, Dorsin; J Andersson (Gerrbrand 46), Nillson, Rosenberg (Ishizaki 63), Hysen (Stefanidis 53), L Nillson, Farnerud

Ref: Serea (Rom)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    You mean Gila, Caracciolo and Sculli right?

Sep 14, 2003
    Sculli was alright but he's not Juve material. Gila couldn't miss his first goal, his 2nd was a good finish though, too much power for the Swede GK.

Aug 27, 2003
    :thumb: thats gilardino for u! and great job aswell from sculli

hes getting closer than we can imagine to juve :D
    im very glad to see that he is brinign the u-21 some wins lets hope for both the itlaain u-21 and national team to bring us some cups :D
    FORZA AZZURRI! :D :thumb:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    U21: Four-Star Azzurrini
    Tuesday 27 April, 2004

Alberto Gilardino confirmed his fantastic form with a brace in tonight’s 4-0 international friendly win over Sweden.

It took the Parma hitman just 27 minutes to hit the back of the net twice in this last test before the European Under-21 Championships.

The opening goal came after a Marco Donadel free kick caused panic in the box, but after Giuseppe Sculli’s effort rattled the crossbar Gilardino was ready to pounce with a close-range header.

The Azzurrini laid siege to Alvbage’s net with Sculli and Cristian Zaccardo going close, but just before the half-hour mark Gilardino rifled in a fierce left-foot strike.

It was one of the star forward’s final contributions, as he was substituted soon after for Brescia’s Andrea Caracciolo. The Parma man was allowed to rest, although some claim he will make a surprise senior debut in tomorrow’s match against Spain.

Coach Claudio Gentile made a series of changes during the second half but Italy continued to dominate as Sculli set up Caracciolo’s header for a third.

Chievo striker Sculli played a hand in every goal and put his own name on the scoresheet by nodding in Bologna fullback Zaccardo’s cross.

Italy 4-0 Sweden

Scorers: Gilardino 9, 27 (I), Caracciolo 51 (I), Sculli 73 (I)

Italy U21: Agliardi (Zotti 46); Zaccardo, Bonera (Potenza 46), Barzagli (Bovo 63), Moretti (Chiellini 56); Mesto, Palombo (D'Agostino 53), Donadel (Brighi 46), Del Nero; Sculli, Gilardino (Caracciolo 33)

Sweden U21: Alvbage, M Andersson (Stenman 65), Antonsson, Dorsin; J Andersson (Gerrbrand 46), Nillson, Rosenberg (Ishizaki 63), Hysen (Stefanidis 53), L Nillson, Farnerud

Ref: Serea (Rom)
    Now pay attention to this: Gilardino was substituted on the 33rd minute! How many would he have scored if he played a whole match!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)