U.S open (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
The U.S open starts later today in New York, who do u guys think are gonna win

The men's is wide open with Hewitt, Agassi, Sampras, Moya, Safin all in contention

Personally i like agassi but not sure he can do it, Hewitt might just be the slight favorite

In the women's well its becoming a familiar story now, with the Williams' show still in full swing, it seems its either 1 or the other, others like Capriati, Henin, Rubin, Clijsters , Davenport, Seles and Dokic hoping to spoil the party

My personal faves may not win it as Hingis is not in the best shape and Anna well being Anna:D won't win but i hope the get far

New balls please:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Leila

Jul 12, 2002
Żenia, Żenia, Żenia-he has to win, he's even trough! But to be realistic, I'll go for Hewitt or the old guard, at least some of them!

But anyway, who was watchin' yesterday's games. For now, there's kinda borin'. But still I stayed till 2 a.m. I wathched Anna too, but there's nothing to talk about-I mean the game of her.

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    For the men Agassi, Hewitt, Saffin( tough match), Kurten, Ferrero and Corretja are thru

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Leila ] ++
    Żenia, Żenia, Żenia-he has to win, he's even trough! But to be realistic, I'll go for Hewitt or the old guard, at least some of them!

But anyway, who was watchin' yesterday's games. For now, there's kinda borin'. But still I stayed till 2 a.m. I wathched Anna too, but there's nothing to talk about-I mean the game of her.
    who is enia?:confused:

Anyway Carlos Moya is also thru and for the women

Serena in a hot/strange outfit showing off her bits:D, is thru as are Davenport, venus, capriati, henin, Clijsters(can just see Erikp smiling):D, Hingis(boy was that worrying) and Seles are through

Sadly Pierce went out:frown: and so did Lapenti:cheesy:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Schalken defeated Philisomething (can never get the spelling right)! :cool:

Here's what he had to say:

Q. Do you think it's advisable for tennis players to leap way up in the air when they try an overhead?
    SJENG SCHALKEN: Well, I don't know. It looked very fancy, but it was very unfortunate.

Q. Would you do it?
    SJENG SCHALKEN: Well, I'm not that athletic, so...
    I think it's very tough for Mark. Hopefully he can play soon again. I hope for him that he doesn't have to continue with all his troubles.

Q. What kind of feeling did you have for the match at the time he was injured?
    SJENG SCHALKEN: 50/50 match at that time. We had a very good level the first two sets both. I felt that the level was dropping a little bit by both sides. Yeah, I was just hanging in there. I felt, "Okay, it's going to be a long match and I'm going to give everything."
    So at that time, yeah, it was 15-30, he didn't reach the lob, so I had a chance again. I felt like, "It's 50/50. He's up one set against me."
    No, I was still fresh.

Q. You played him a lot of times, big matches over the years. You knew his history. When he came down, was on the ground with his injury, were you able to block it out or were you thinking about it when your match resumed?
    SJENG SCHALKEN: I was sticking to my game plan. Well, his forehand was so good today, so my game plan was to attack his backhand every time I can. That's the only thing I had in mind, even when he was in this injury time-out.
    I lost in the beginning of my career a couple of matches like this because, yeah, you start to think what's happening on the other side. But I get too experienced for that, so it didn't happen. I was sticking to my game plan.
    I was just thinking it's his left knee, so I have to serve for his forehand. If I have pain in my left leg, I cannot go to the forehand. So I was thinking those things.

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    Well done Schalken just wish wish they can inject him with some steroids so he can show a little emotion while playing

Leila

Jul 12, 2002
    Hewitt vs. Blake-what a match! But personally I think the best one is Safin vs. Kiefer.

Żenia-Jewgienij Kafelnikow, but he's out :frown:

btw I saw Anna K. at mtv vma. No wonder that she plays badly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)