U-21 qualifications (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
The Qualifications playoffs started yesterday.

Yesterdays results:

Serbia 5-1 Norway
Germany 1-0 Turkey
Denmark 1-1 Italy
Sweden 2-0 Spain
Belarus 1-1 Poland
Switzerland 1-2 Czech Republic
Portugal 1-2 France

I saw Sweden - Spain and it was one hell of a game. Although it was raining both teams played really great.
Spain was huge favourites but Sweden played without respect. Sweden had "borrowed" Andreas Isaksson and Kim Källström from the National team, which helped them a lot. Spain had the posession but Sweden had the chances. Sweden had two shots in the bar, one goal was ruled out but Spain missed a penalty.
The two goals was scored by Alexander Farnerud and the man of the match Kim Källström, he got fives in almost every paper today. I hope he stays in Sweden but if he leaves, Juventus has to buy him. He has the capacity to play in any team. There were 8 scouts looking at him today so if Juventus is interested they are probably too late.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    :: Belarus
    :: Croatia
    :: Czech Republic
    :: Denmark
    :: France
    :: Germany
    :: Italy
    :: Norway

:: Poland
    :: Portugal
    :: Scotland
    :: Serbia and Montenegro
    :: Spain
    :: Sweden
    :: Switzerland
    :: Turkey

No team has qualified yet, all teams has to go through this play-off. Even if you were first in your group.

(Your speed never stops surprising me :) )

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    How come Holland isn't there, is all the golden boys playing in the National team?
    But you still have a lot of good players left even without van der Vaart and va der Meyde. Robben for example. This generation must be one of the best ever.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    The U-21 is hardly existent in Holland. All the youngsters are already in the 'regular' NT. The U-19 is something else though! Has some really good players in it and Ruud Gullit took over as their coach two months ago. I'm sort of hoping they'll get far on the next occasion.

And yeah we have some great new players (thank you Ajax) but we (again) lack proper defenders :sigh:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    Sweden had "borrowed" Andreas Isaksson and Kim Källström from the National team, which helped them a lot.
    Does anyone know when Isaksson left Juve?

Serge, Ronaldo and Quaresma both played

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)